Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Wolves of Pator rescued and freed 5,000 slaves as a wedding gift for Evanda Char?

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: [Character] Katrina Oniseki  (Read 14103 times)

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
[Character] Katrina Oniseki
« on: 20 Jun 2011, 17:54 »

Full Body Shot
Full Body Shot 2

CONCORD DED Public Capsuleer Datasheet
Name: Katrina Oniseki
DED Callsign: Kat
Blood Type: O (Standard Clone Grade)
Height: 170 cm (5'7")
Weight: 57.4 kg (126.3 lbs)
Hair Colour: Blonde
Eye Colour: Blue
Political Alignment: Ishukone (formerly Hyasyoda)
Date of Birth: 17th July 89YC
Place of Birth: CPF Medical Facility TC-060A3481, New Caldari V (Onitseru), New Caldari system, The Forge region, Caldari State
Employment History: State War Academy, Deep Core Mining Inc., 0rizen Nation

DED Charges:
> Booster Smuggling (first offense, fine paid)
DED Threat Assessment: Moderate
Notes: Known to avoid violent confrontation with other capsuleers when alone, dangerous in fleet actions.

Personality Assessment:
Current valid psychological assessment produced at State War Academy, Kisogo system 111YC.
Verified by Hyasyoda Corporation personal records.

- Prone to judgement and sleep disorders; demonstrates vindictive and insubordinate tendencies.
- Paranoia, attachment disorders, and probability for personal deviancy noted.

Physical Assessment: Decorative Ident-Tag on upper left cheek. No piercings. Faint epidermal clone-degeneration across back, thighs, stomach, and cheeks.

Character Sheet by Kiruss Dasun

((The following is Katrina's set of elite marines that tend to follow her around. I often use them in various storylines and such, so if you see me mention one of them, refer to this list to see who I'm talking about.))

[spoiler= Personal Bodyguard]
Marine Captain Toro Kaneda - 'King'

The aging Achuran Kaneda leads the elite squad of Caldari Light Marines that comprises Kat's personal bodyguard, so called "Alpha Squad". Katrina Oniseki's longest serving and most experienced team of combat marines. King has seen his share of squadmates fall in battle, and has experienced enough close calls of his own. Nevertheless, the quiet and reserved man exhibits unyielding loyalty to the younger woman he has protected since childhood. If there is anybody in Alpha Squad who understands Katrina and her flaws, it is King... and Alpha Squad is honed and ready to fill in for those flaws at a moment's notice.

Toro Kaneda joined the Corporate Police Force at the age of sixteen, as is typical for Hyasyoda born young boys without academic aptitude. After a fairly standard career, he was transferred to garrison duty at the comfortable CPF-Hyasyoda Tube Child complex, where he was assigned to TAC (Teach-and-Command) to a group of young girls, of which a certain Katrina Oniseki was by far the most extroverted and promising. It was there he earned the child-given moniker of 'King', after his tendency to indulge them in children's games of King and Queen, playing the King. After all, he was their idol... everybody wanted to grow up and marry the King.

After Katrina's graduation and acceptance into the War Academy, Kaneda volunteered to follow her as a corporate oversight to Katrina's continuing education. 'Asset Oniseki' was by far one of Hyasyoda's most valuable human resources, a budding Capsuleer in the making. From there on out, Katrina Oniseki never went anywhere without her guardian close behind.

1st Marine Leiutenant Kara Velen - 'Zero'

Kara Velen is a fiery second in command, easily the polar opposite of Kaneda's gentle and well mannered nature. Tending to be gruff and curt with most people, she leaves no room for guessing when she speaks. Most of her attitude comes from both misanthropy and arrogance. Despite those character flaws, her arrogance is not misplaced.

Born and raised in Mordu's Legion, Kara Velen is one of the finest marines on the squad, Zero earned her name through the simple record of 'zero losses' in almost any competitive endeavor she decides to try her hand at. Wrestling, cards, marksmanship, racing, and even drinking. Zero is known as a top notch example of the Legion's excellent training.

Kara found herself in Katrina's employ solely through the Capsuleer's habit of searching for survivors in recent shipwrecks. After a Mordus ship was destroyed during a fight with the Guristas, Kara was little more than an assumed casualty running out of time. without CONCORD nearby, her death was almost inevitable... until a certain Merlin decided to stop by the wreck and loot & rescue. Zero has never paid back that debt in her eyes.

Marine Sergeant Kaiko Ovoken - 'Xinny'

Elder sister of Ano Ovoken, Kaiko tends to be both protective and highly critical of her younger brother. While she never allows any outsider to slight her brother, she makes sure he gets his earful of 'constructive' criticism. She signed on the same year as her sibling to the Caldari Marine Expeditionary Force, quickly passing into the Shock-Drop program. As such, she had a remarkably short life expectancy, considering she was literally dropped into the planet's atmosphere from low orbit wearing little more than re-entry shielding and gear designed to slow her descent over her combat gear.

Serving multiple tours of duty in Black Rise, pushing out the Guristas that held the planets, she established a fairly distinguished record. Xinny serves as the squads expert on planetary warfare and survival, as well as orbital insertion. She and her brother mustered out of the Force after the Luminaire Blitz, finally having had enough of Heth's policies. They placed mercenary contracts up, and were soon after hired by Katrina.

Her callsign is a bit of a mystery, except to her brother who will not share the secret. Rumor has it she earned the nickname in CMEF Boot Camp, but the two siblings merely smirk at that, never confirming nor denying.

Marine Corporal Piertalen Osmen - 'Eyes'

Corporal Osmen is the squad's scout-sniper, which should explain his callsign. Despite his job, he tends to be one of the loudest talking and jittery of the bunch, typically skittish and introverted. He could best be described as socially awkward. His big blue eyes probably don't help the whole callsign thing, but he doesn't seem to mind. Eyes is also the only team member to openly state his attraction to Katrina, which, again, lends to the callsign.. 'Piert only has Eyes for the skipper.'

His work history is sketchy, but both Katrina and King swear by his background, and the squad swears by his skill. Eyes has on multiple occasions demonstrated a violently short-fused resentment toward Capsuleers, with Katrina being a notable exception. Even so, there is no question where his loyalties are. Fairly religious for a Caldari, he is often heard praying (quickly) to his Ancestors over various mundane things .

Marine Corporal Ano Ovoken - 'Dishes'

Younger and far less out-spoken than his sister, Ano is not exactly the black sheep. A master of urban warfare, Ano lead his own fireteam back in the CMEF, and was responsible for both atrocities and heroics in Black Rise. He may not be very socially adept, and especially not with women, but his exceptional skill in close quarters combat offers him his share of respect.

Despite this skill, he tends to be very clumsy, and it is listed in his State Records that he was globally banned from any museums on at least two different worlds. Dishes is reluctant to talk about the incident referred to in his record, but it's clear enough that he must have smashed some artifact of great historical importance, likely by accident.

Like his sister, he mustered out of CMEF after the Luminaire Blitz, displeased with the new Provist agenda. Again like his sister, he signed on with Katrina as soon as their contracts were picked up.

Marine Private Furas Tarumo - 'Duke'

The hulk of a Civire known as Furas Tarumo is hard to hide, but hard to take down. Unlike the rest of the team, Duke never served in any official military work, instead working as a mercenary and bodyguard from the get-go. Though quiet and generally dim-witted in social situations, Duke has nevertheless displayed an extraordinary aptitude in combat that gives him his place on the team.

His work history is what you'd expect from his line of work. Plenty of unsavory employers and locales, most of them protected successfully by Duke, and not-so-successfully after his departure. Duke could best be described as a living tank. Small arms can take him down like any other man, but he has a habit of bullying through wounds that might cripple a lesser man.

As a support weapons and demolitions expert, he tends to also be the pack mule. He seems comfortable with this arrangement though, as Duke already relies on his lighter and faster squadmates to cover him even without any extra weight. In any combat situation, Duke is typically the 'anchor' for the squad, and his advance into hostile territory acts like an immovable object of firepower. Letting Duke get closer to your position means losing your position that much sooner.

Marine Private Tarak Okano - 'Bear'

Tarak Okano is a rarity from the State, a mixed race Brutor-Civire man. Bear sports the blonde hair of a Civire, but the dark skin of a Brutor, and many wouldn't guess he has any Caldari in him at all, leading to many costly underestimations of his ability. Despite his Brutor blood, Bear tends to be very  polite and expertly versed in the customs and traditions of the Caldari. So much so that even Katrina herself has gone to him for advice and introspection. Raised in a SuVee household, he also exhibits the famous SuVee tenacity and shrewd wit when dealing with others.

Tarak Okano served as a mercenary for hire much like Duke, though he only took jobs from State Megacorporations. Often serving as third party security for hire on outlying stations, his work record is clean as a whistle, without a single infarction or negative comment. While not quite as large as Duke, Bear is a heavy-set man. Most of that weight is evenly distributed, and backed up by more than enough muscle to move it. With trunk like arms and a booming voice, his callsign's inspiration, Bear is no easy man to dance with in close quarters.

Marine Private Akira Yakimi - 'Rabbit'

Akira Yakimi is a gifted electronics technician from the Science and Trade Institute, making him the only member of the team that has a degree from one of the 'big three' Caldari colleges. There are few computer systems Rabbit cannot hack, slice, splice, or otherwise undermine in some manner. He is the squad's expert in what they like to call 'gentle entry', a euphemistic innuendo and counterpart to 'forced entry' situations.

Young and small by team standards, the Achuran man isn't at much need for physical strength, as his job requirements rarely lead him into direct confrontation, instead allowing for Alpha Squad to dictate the engagement's situation. Akira graduated from the Institute's  program for Explosive Ordinance Development and Disarming (EODD), and he often works alongside Duke to provide technical assistance to sensitive demolitions and bomb disposal.

Marine Private Anken Velen - 'Jukebox'

Jukebox, so named because he tends to sing in combat, is your typical Deteis marine. New to the squad, Anken is a smooth and suave womanizer and gambler. It should be noted that he is a fairly poor gambler, thanks to his apparent inability to not sing-song when he has a good hand.

He served as a shipboard marine in the CMEF, and has plenty of ship-to-ship boarding experience under his belt to know what he's doing. This offers him an unusually extensive familiarity with the interior layouts of foreign vessels for a baseliner. Mustering out after the end of his third tour, he answered an ad for Katrina's recruiters, joining her marine units and eventually getting accepted to Alpha Squad.

In combat, he is usually tasked with recon, extraction, and the infamous rear-guard... one of the notoriously dangerous positions on the team. His predecessor fell in combat, and it was only four or so months ago that he almost did too. Despite these drawbacks, Jukebox is easily one of the most hot-headed and courageous men on the team, often never hesitating to cover a friend from live fire or stay behind to assure extraction from the zone.

Marine Private Saska Uita - 'Baby'

The newest member of Alpha Squad, the Tube Child Saska Uita is a strikingly beautiful Civire blonde, yet also strikingly dangerous. A close quarters combat expert and former 'Tactical Elimination' operative for Kaalakiota, Saska is the only true assassin in Katrina's employ. This is a fact not so well regarded by the rest of the team, who consider her former line of work to be little more than paid murder.

Regardless nobody questions her loyalty to the team and Katrina. Trained from birth to kill, Saska is a product of State abuse with the Tube Child program. Once Haatakan Oiritsuu was ousted, Saksa quickly found herself on the run from Provist hunters. This is a fact that only King and Katrina know, and is the strongest reason why Saska is kept both low-profile and close.[/spoiler]

Fictions Written By Me
(Unfinished) Cane Colony
Beautiful Songbirds
(Worldbuilding) A Fishy Situation
Prison of Faces
Down The Rabbit Hole
Your Biggest Fan
Misjump (Ghostwritten)
(Worldbuilding) Optronics
Paradise Lost
Just Passing Through
Snake Oil
(Worldbuilding) Unofficial History of Raata
(Worldbuilding) Methods of Currency - The Caldari
(Alt. Reality) Eden's End
« Last Edit: 15 Jun 2014, 11:02 by Katrina Oniseki »

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
Re: [Character] Katrina Oniseki
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jun 2011, 18:00 »

Somebody needs to check their database for errors... *cough*House of Records*cough*  :)

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 20 Jun 2011, 18:03 »

Skill Training Completed (Hacking lv5)
1 New Certificate Available

On a serious note, do you think I should remove the missing records notations? Or keep them? I've got concepts behind them waiting, but I didn't want to spill all her beans immediately OOC. I wanted there to be some surprise when you meet her in person.
« Last Edit: 20 Jun 2011, 18:13 by Katrina Oniseki »

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #3 on: 20 Jun 2011, 18:32 »

imo, keep your secrets secret.  Bring them out little by little in your RP as appropriate.  Wouldn't even drop hints, if you can help it.  ;)

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #4 on: 03 Jul 2011, 07:48 »

Added a small story for her.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #5 on: 03 Jul 2011, 09:12 »

Quote from: Katrina Oniseki
Today, Katrina is Caldari, without a doubt; though some would wager she's got more Gallente in her than anything else.

Kiam might want to say hi...

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 03 Jul 2011, 09:48 »

Quote from: Katrina Oniseki
Today, Katrina is Caldari, without a doubt; though some would wager she's got more Gallente in her than anything else.

Kiam might want to say hi...

Wow, haha. I had a feeling this idea would be taken. Oh well.

Kat doesn't sympathize with the Gallente, though. Her standings reflect that. Actually, she finds them immensely irritating in most cases, though she has the good sense to continue smiling and paying her friendly respects.

The similarities start with her lust for pleasure in all its myriad forms. Intellectual, combative, culinary, and yes even sexual. (What? We're all adults here.) She's Gallentean in that conformity and discipline is only a mannerism to her, and not a driving force in her life.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 03 Jul 2011, 09:53 »

Oh, I didn't "take" it from you, I think it's just a coincedence. Capsuleer culture in and of itself is very "Gallentean" in the sense of being completely unbound and not being expected to answer to any one individual or larger organization. When a few of us know little about non-Western cultures to adopt into our RP (say, Islamic culture as a point of inspiration for RPing an Amarr), then falling back on the device of "Gallenteanization" across New Eden is quite helpful. Hell, take music. In the modern day, all forms of pop music trace back to the West, but each one has taken its own regional form and flavour. I would imagine the same applies in EVE.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #8 on: 03 Jul 2011, 09:57 »

Oh, I didn't "take" it from you, I think it's just a coincedence. Capsuleer culture in and of itself is very "Gallentean" in the sense of being completely unbound and not being expected to answer to any one individual or larger organization. When a few of us know little about non-Western cultures to adopt into our RP (say, Islamic culture as a point of inspiration for RPing an Amarr), then falling back on the device of "Gallenteanization" across New Eden is quite helpful. Hell, take music. In the modern day, all forms of pop music trace back to the West, but each one has taken its own regional form and flavour. I would imagine the same applies in EVE.

No I know you didn't take it from me. I was saying I had a feeling someone would have 'taken' this idea already before me.

That's a good way of looking at it, too. Gallenteanization. Sort of like modern Americanization? McDonalds and Mickey Mouse spreading all over the world?

Seriphyn

• Demigod
« Reply #9 on: 03 Jul 2011, 10:13 »

Yeah, I just realized you meant that after you posted it. Actually, I also literally did mean "Kiam may want to say hi", as opposed to pointing out the pre-existing character type.

And yeah, Jita 4-4 explores this somewhat with...

I suppose the most insidious thing about their commercial success isn't the level of trickery employed on their own consumer base, but rather, the more fundamentally repugnant facelessness of it all. To survive economically in your opponent's commercial nexus like this, you have to lose your face. You have to become about something entirely impersonal. You have to become about a system, about a way of doing things.

It seems more subtle and insidious than Americanization. I imagine some RPers might not like being told that they are RPing Gallentean even if they're not even a Fed RPer, but the way I see it, it's just a case-in-point of how the Federation's ultimate objective is to "conquer the world" by subtle influences and such, and is a good point to rally around for anti-Fed RP. Some things might be so engrained as apart of New Eden's culture that you might not even notice it was originally Gallentean. Also, from Chained to the Sky, sat in Dam-Torsad...

Izoni Square was much the same, he reflected as he exited the terminal. Even at this early hour business was booming. Handmade cutlery, bootleg holosymphs, off-world condiments of varying legality, scriptural terp mods, Adakul manuals, the latest in carefully faked Caille leather

Go to a city in India with a low development factor (measured alongside A-class cities such as Mumbai and Delhi), or even a rural village, and you will find men wearing old, worn and out-of-date Western items of clothing.

One thing is to consider that the Caldari were being meddled with by the Luminaire Gallente since their industrial age. How has this shaped Caldari society? There are two conflicting reports about when the first Caldari corporation was formed; the timeline has the Gallente Cultural Deliverance Society arrive on Caldari Prime before the first megacorp was formed called Isuuya or something. But the Perkone NPC corp desc says that Perkone was founded before the arrival of the Gallenteans. If the former is to be considered, then the Caldari basically took a Gallentean concept, adapted it to their collective culture, and ended up stronger for it. That's a testament to their adaptive nature, taking something from another culture and using it to their advantage, instead of caving in.

So, a lot of things that may be identified as Caldari (I know some RPers consider business suits and skirts to be Caldari) would easily be conservative Gallente.

I sort of rambled there, so I'll call it quits on that matter for now  :oops:

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #10 on: 03 Jul 2011, 14:58 »

Actually, I also literally did mean "Kiam may want to say hi", as opposed to pointing out the pre-existing character type.

Consider the hello given. ;)

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #11 on: 05 Jul 2011, 12:10 »

I added some pictures! Full body shots in the spoiler. :D

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #12 on: 24 Sep 2011, 15:38 »

Added some information about how she's not exactly a 'low threat' anymore. I think my KB is starting to look reasonable!

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #13 on: 24 Sep 2011, 20:17 »

generallll clarkeeeee

[spoiler]killboards killboards oh noes[/spoiler]

+1
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery