Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Did you know:

That KillJoy Tseng's first season racing rifter later sold for 75 million ISK?

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: [Character] Katrina Oniseki  (Read 8149 times)

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
[Character] Katrina Oniseki
« on: 20 Jun 2011, 17:54 »

Full Body Shot
Full Body Shot 2

CONCORD DED Public Capsuleer Datasheet
Name: Katrina Oniseki
DED Callsign: Kat
Blood Type: O (Standard Clone Grade)
Height: 170 cm (5'7")
Weight: 57.4 kg (126.3 lbs)
Hair Colour: Blonde
Eye Colour: Blue
Political Alignment: Ishukone (formerly Hyasyoda)
Date of Birth: 17th July 89YC
Place of Birth: CPF Medical Facility TC-060A3481, New Caldari V (Onitseru), New Caldari system, The Forge region, Caldari State
Employment History: State War Academy, Deep Core Mining Inc., 0rizen Nation

DED Charges:
> Booster Smuggling (first offense, fine paid)
DED Threat Assessment: Moderate
Notes: Known to avoid violent confrontation with other capsuleers when alone, dangerous in fleet actions.

Personality Assessment:
Current valid psychological assessment produced at State War Academy, Kisogo system 111YC.
Verified by Hyasyoda Corporation personal records.

- Prone to judgement and sleep disorders; demonstrates vindictive and insubordinate tendencies.
- Paranoia, attachment disorders, and probability for personal deviancy noted.

Physical Assessment: Decorative Ident-Tag on upper left cheek. No piercings. Faint epidermal clone-degeneration across back, thighs, stomach, and cheeks.

Character Sheet by Kiruss Dasun

((The following is Katrina's set of elite marines that tend to follow her around. I often use them in various storylines and such, so if you see me mention one of them, refer to this list to see who I'm talking about.))

Spoiler:  Personal Bodyguard (hover to show)

Fictions Written By Me
(Unfinished) Cane Colony
Beautiful Songbirds
(Worldbuilding) A Fishy Situation
Prison of Faces
Down The Rabbit Hole
Your Biggest Fan
Misjump (Ghostwritten)
(Worldbuilding) Optronics
Paradise Lost
Just Passing Through
Snake Oil
(Worldbuilding) Unofficial History of Raata
(Worldbuilding) Methods of Currency - The Caldari
(Alt. Reality) Eden's End
« Last Edit: 15 Jun 2014, 11:02 by Katrina Oniseki »

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
Re: [Character] Katrina Oniseki
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jun 2011, 18:00 »

Somebody needs to check their database for errors... *cough*House of Records*cough*  :)

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 20 Jun 2011, 18:03 »

Skill Training Completed (Hacking lv5)
1 New Certificate Available

On a serious note, do you think I should remove the missing records notations? Or keep them? I've got concepts behind them waiting, but I didn't want to spill all her beans immediately OOC. I wanted there to be some surprise when you meet her in person.
« Last Edit: 20 Jun 2011, 18:13 by Katrina Oniseki »

Ken

• Will Rule for Food
  • Veteran
  • Must Love Robots
« Reply #3 on: 20 Jun 2011, 18:32 »

imo, keep your secrets secret.  Bring them out little by little in your RP as appropriate.  Wouldn't even drop hints, if you can help it.  ;)

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #4 on: 03 Jul 2011, 07:48 »

Added a small story for her.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #5 on: 03 Jul 2011, 09:12 »

Quote from: Katrina Oniseki
Today, Katrina is Caldari, without a doubt; though some would wager she's got more Gallente in her than anything else.

Kiam might want to say hi...

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 03 Jul 2011, 09:48 »

Quote from: Katrina Oniseki
Today, Katrina is Caldari, without a doubt; though some would wager she's got more Gallente in her than anything else.

Kiam might want to say hi...

Wow, haha. I had a feeling this idea would be taken. Oh well.

Kat doesn't sympathize with the Gallente, though. Her standings reflect that. Actually, she finds them immensely irritating in most cases, though she has the good sense to continue smiling and paying her friendly respects.

The similarities start with her lust for pleasure in all its myriad forms. Intellectual, combative, culinary, and yes even sexual. (What? We're all adults here.) She's Gallentean in that conformity and discipline is only a mannerism to her, and not a driving force in her life.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 03 Jul 2011, 09:53 »

Oh, I didn't "take" it from you, I think it's just a coincedence. Capsuleer culture in and of itself is very "Gallentean" in the sense of being completely unbound and not being expected to answer to any one individual or larger organization. When a few of us know little about non-Western cultures to adopt into our RP (say, Islamic culture as a point of inspiration for RPing an Amarr), then falling back on the device of "Gallenteanization" across New Eden is quite helpful. Hell, take music. In the modern day, all forms of pop music trace back to the West, but each one has taken its own regional form and flavour. I would imagine the same applies in EVE.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #8 on: 03 Jul 2011, 09:57 »

Oh, I didn't "take" it from you, I think it's just a coincedence. Capsuleer culture in and of itself is very "Gallentean" in the sense of being completely unbound and not being expected to answer to any one individual or larger organization. When a few of us know little about non-Western cultures to adopt into our RP (say, Islamic culture as a point of inspiration for RPing an Amarr), then falling back on the device of "Gallenteanization" across New Eden is quite helpful. Hell, take music. In the modern day, all forms of pop music trace back to the West, but each one has taken its own regional form and flavour. I would imagine the same applies in EVE.

No I know you didn't take it from me. I was saying I had a feeling someone would have 'taken' this idea already before me.

That's a good way of looking at it, too. Gallenteanization. Sort of like modern Americanization? McDonalds and Mickey Mouse spreading all over the world?

Seriphyn

• Demigod
« Reply #9 on: 03 Jul 2011, 10:13 »

Yeah, I just realized you meant that after you posted it. Actually, I also literally did mean "Kiam may want to say hi", as opposed to pointing out the pre-existing character type.

And yeah, Jita 4-4 explores this somewhat with...

I suppose the most insidious thing about their commercial success isn't the level of trickery employed on their own consumer base, but rather, the more fundamentally repugnant facelessness of it all. To survive economically in your opponent's commercial nexus like this, you have to lose your face. You have to become about something entirely impersonal. You have to become about a system, about a way of doing things.

It seems more subtle and insidious than Americanization. I imagine some RPers might not like being told that they are RPing Gallentean even if they're not even a Fed RPer, but the way I see it, it's just a case-in-point of how the Federation's ultimate objective is to "conquer the world" by subtle influences and such, and is a good point to rally around for anti-Fed RP. Some things might be so engrained as apart of New Eden's culture that you might not even notice it was originally Gallentean. Also, from Chained to the Sky, sat in Dam-Torsad...

Izoni Square was much the same, he reflected as he exited the terminal. Even at this early hour business was booming. Handmade cutlery, bootleg holosymphs, off-world condiments of varying legality, scriptural terp mods, Adakul manuals, the latest in carefully faked Caille leather

Go to a city in India with a low development factor (measured alongside A-class cities such as Mumbai and Delhi), or even a rural village, and you will find men wearing old, worn and out-of-date Western items of clothing.

One thing is to consider that the Caldari were being meddled with by the Luminaire Gallente since their industrial age. How has this shaped Caldari society? There are two conflicting reports about when the first Caldari corporation was formed; the timeline has the Gallente Cultural Deliverance Society arrive on Caldari Prime before the first megacorp was formed called Isuuya or something. But the Perkone NPC corp desc says that Perkone was founded before the arrival of the Gallenteans. If the former is to be considered, then the Caldari basically took a Gallentean concept, adapted it to their collective culture, and ended up stronger for it. That's a testament to their adaptive nature, taking something from another culture and using it to their advantage, instead of caving in.

So, a lot of things that may be identified as Caldari (I know some RPers consider business suits and skirts to be Caldari) would easily be conservative Gallente.

I sort of rambled there, so I'll call it quits on that matter for now  :oops:

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #10 on: 03 Jul 2011, 14:58 »

Actually, I also literally did mean "Kiam may want to say hi", as opposed to pointing out the pre-existing character type.

Consider the hello given. ;)

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #11 on: 05 Jul 2011, 12:10 »

I added some pictures! Full body shots in the spoiler. :D

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #12 on: 24 Sep 2011, 15:38 »

Added some information about how she's not exactly a 'low threat' anymore. I think my KB is starting to look reasonable!

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #13 on: 24 Sep 2011, 20:17 »

generallll clarkeeeee

Spoiler (hover to show)

+1
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery