Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Gallente Federation loyalist and [EL-G] CEO Seriphyn Inhonores is originally from Caldari Prime?

Author Topic: Prison of Faces  (Read 1455 times)

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
Prison of Faces
« on: 13 Jan 2013, 09:22 »

Prison of Faces

I find myself a prisoner within the walls of my head. Every day, the wardens come and show me another cell to live in. Every day, I explore the confines of this new imprisonment, and I try to see out from between the bars... but I cannot. There is nothing outside but more of my phantom prison.

I find myself within a Prison of Joy. I look at her and I smile. I can feel the walls of my cell pull back and stretch like the stubble crusted skin of my cheeks. I imagine she holds me tight and gives that warm touch upon my lips, and I hold her back. Beautiful images and sounds fill my cell as pretend, still thinking of the wonderful life I might have with her.

Thirty two years, I've lived in this comfortable cell, and thirty two years I have loved her. I want to tell her how beautiful she is, but I cannot. The Caldari have taken my voice.

I find myself within a Prison of Manners. The people around me are as bars of steel to hold me back. I see so many others walking around where I cannot. I cannot reach that far outside my cell. Customers who ask questions, managers who give orders, friends who offer lunch. How many of them never see past the suit I wear? Why am I not yet one of them? Haven't I worked hard enough? Haven't I proven I am worthwhile?

Thirty two years, I've lived in this silent cell, and thirty two years I've said so little within these walls. I want to run away, but I cannot. The Caldari have taken my legs.

I find myself within a Prison of Terror. The walls of my cell close in around me. I know they will find me here. They live in this prison alongside us, and change cells every day as I do... but I know the truth. Soon, great golden ships will let loose sound of judgement as they do in my dreams. The skies will shake with those thunderous horns as we unsuspecting people are Reclaimed as well. Nobody is safe from that terrible God. Not even me, safely contained inside my prison.

Thirty two years, I've lived in this fragile prison, and thirty two years I've known these walls cannot protect me. I want to fight this threat, but I cannot. The Caldari have taken my fists.

I find myself in a Prison of Faces. Each trying to escape. Each trying to show itself. They writhe and change as every requirement is demanded of me, as each hour of the day changes. As I stay in my prison, they stay with me. As I walk within my prison, they leave me. This place is devoid of humanity. This place forces it all inside.

I want to be myself, but I cannot.

The Caldari have taken my heart.

((For those completely confused about what's going on, I'll give a hint: The narrator is an expatriate.))
« Last Edit: 13 Jan 2013, 11:06 by Katrina Oniseki »

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
Re: Prison of Faces
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jan 2013, 10:24 »

Seriously, this is uncannily good.

Ieze Svain

Re: Prison of Faces
« Reply #2 on: 13 Jan 2013, 10:49 »

Excellent.  :D

Jev North