Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

One of the first ways to crack safe spots was to warp past the person and hope your bookmark landed you next to them?

Author Topic: Down The Rabbit Hole  (Read 1916 times)

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
Down The Rabbit Hole
« on: 13 Jan 2013, 22:22 »

Warning. The following story contains mild horror and mildly explicit references to uncomfortable stuff! Reader discretion advised.

Down The Rabbit Hole

Log Entry #1
Hello new diary! It's my first day out of UoC, and I finally did it! I can't believe it. Mom says she worries about me, but Dad is finally proud. He has good reason to be! I graduated ninth out of my class! Would have gotten eight if I paid more attention in Astrometrics... but oh well. I'm gonna be rich now. Can't write much... I gotta go celebrate.
Woo!

Log Entry #14
Finally bought myself a new ship. My career agents gave me a bunch of them, but I sold most of them and bought a brand new Venture. I'm thinking there's a lot of space rock out there with my name on it. I gotta stop partying so much too, haha. I'm gonna be so rich!

Log Entry #16
Sold my full load of Veldspar for a hefty profit. I'm already a millionaire. MILLIONAIRE! BRB... going to go mine more.

Log Entry #32
I think I'm done mining for a while. Scordite and Veldspar just aren't selling the way they used to. Markets took a crash. Hmmm.... crash. Well, I've got all this money. Might as well try something new, right? I'll go down to the lower decks and see if I can score me some.

Log Entry #33
HOLY FUCK I HAVE X-RAY VISION!!!

Log Entry #34
Fuck this shit. I know why they call it crash now... I'm going to go back and get some more.

Log Entry #40
met a guy named Vanton today while huffing Dropp in this drum circle group. This guy is a fucking riot, let me tell you. He's hilarious.. one of those too cooool guyz who always knows what to say. There was a girl there too... can't remember her name. Sooloo or something.... I dunno. nnh... this stuff is good. nakes my arm itch tho.

Log Entry #62
well i'm out of money. spent it all on drugz LOL. think i'm gonna go mine again.

Log Entry #63
WHY THE FUCK CANT I FIND MY BOOKMARKS. THEY KEEP MOVING AROUND!!!11

Log Entry #71
had a retty fuked up nightmare last nite. woke up and there wuz this rabbit sitting on my chest. he smile at me and told me to find the light down the rabbit hole. he told me to find the light, then he bit my arm. i woke up but the bite mark is still there... looks weird. really iches alot.

Log Entry #82
saw that fukign rabit again. i bet vanko put me up to this shitt. hes not gonna fuking fool me. im a godam egger. gonna kill that rabit. feel like my arm is alive.

Log Entry #84
bk nede 2 went down the. fukc cant finddd rabit. my arm!!!

// End of Logs //

GFPD Investigator's Report
Bourynes VII M2 UoC Station Security
1.14.115 04:06AM
Deputy Detective Juno Blanque, 1st Lieutenant

At 9:13PM local time, workers in the waste disposal department reported a corpse found within Compaction Unit 4D. The body was crushed beyond recognition, so visual identification was impossible. No clothing was found on the victim. Following labwork, genetic records show the body belonging to a 'Vanko Lanneu', recent graduate of UoC Capsuleer Program.

Toxicology testing performed on uncontaminated blood showed multiple illegal narcotics well beyond safe limits. Serpentis involvement suspected, but unlikely. They wouldn't let a capsuleer customer kill himself with their stuff. Bad for business.

Following a search of his quarters, a dismembered arm was found hidden under the bed sheets. It appears to have been chewed significantly, which explains the extreme dental damage found in the remains. Blood spatters and evidence collected at the scene suggest the victim amputated his own arm using his own teeth and a sledgehammer. Reasons for this remains unknown.

We've contacted CONCORD and requested access to his NEOCOM mail and contacts account, as well as recorded personal logs of the victim. We have yet to receive any response. Typical.

End Preliminary Report.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
Re: Down The Rabbit Hole
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jan 2013, 22:27 »

This one is not one of my favorites. It's more of an experiment in horror, but I don't think I'll be giving it another go any time soon with this method of writing. If I do it again, I'll need to do more detail with what he's seeing.

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #2 on: 14 Jan 2013, 01:32 »

Moral of the story: drugs are bad, m'kay?

Good (creepy) stuff, Kat. I'll never look at cute bunnies the same way again :(
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #3 on: 14 Jan 2013, 08:39 »

Don't be a afraid of the crashrabbit, he's just there to gnaw your bones.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.