Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Intaki Liberation Front's "rampant griffin" corp logo was adopted after the pro-Federation corp The Durandal Organization created a logo using motifs similar to the ILF's original logo?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Who's the Lex Luthor to your Superman...  (Read 17934 times)

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
Who's the Lex Luthor to your Superman...
« on: 10 Apr 2013, 19:52 »

...The Joker to your Batman and Robin, the Magneto to your Professor X?

No really, who is?

Who do you view as your character's arch nemesis or your corp/alliances arch enemy?

Saw this thread while I was cruising through Chatsubo looking for some info and thought we could have some fun with it. Unfortunately my current character is still in the planning stages so I can't really answer, but wanted to see what people would come up with.

Note: Once I get setup and RPing again I hereby reserve the right to necro this thread and give my answer.  :D
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

Safai

• Toast &
  • Omelette
  • "Phantom Spaceman is a big fat jerk!"
Re: Who's the Lex Luthor to your Superman...
« Reply #1 on: 10 Apr 2013, 20:23 »

Ston Momaki :lol:

(Will probably come back when I have a real answer, but Ston works for now.)

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 10 Apr 2013, 20:24 »

Koronakesh.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 10 Apr 2013, 20:27 »

Tough call, Stecker's greatest foe was probably herself.

Drake Arson would be a close second.

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #4 on: 10 Apr 2013, 20:29 »

Ston Momaki :lol:

(Will probably come back when I have a real answer, but Ston works for now.)

:lol: :lol:

That's actually a great answer.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette
« Reply #5 on: 10 Apr 2013, 21:17 »

Aria Jenneth. Both for Katla and Ruby, actually, but in entirely different ways and for entirely different reasons. Katla has a lot of affection for Aria, for all that they invariably find themselves ideologically opposed to each other. Ruby, on the other hand, loathes Aria with a passion. Aria is really the only person Ruby has ever hated.
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!

Gwen Ikiryo

• Omelette
« Reply #6 on: 10 Apr 2013, 21:22 »

I'm not sure my character would be considered enough of a credible threat by anyone to have a nemesis.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #7 on: 10 Apr 2013, 22:31 »

As far as organizations go, it's the Goons, with the Blood Raiders a very close second.
No individual really fits the bill since The Broker has apparently died, so Ché has to settle for himself for a bit (the song I've chosen as Ché's themesong is about The Sentry/The Void).
But if Ché would ever become sure that Sansha is indeed evil, it would be him and his Nation. At least for as long as he is pissed about being deceived.
« Last Edit: 10 Apr 2013, 22:34 by Ché Biko »
-OOChé

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #8 on: 10 Apr 2013, 22:41 »

Silas Vitalia.  8)

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #9 on: 11 Apr 2013, 00:48 »

I could cheat and just boringly say "herself"... but I'll give detail.

It's the haunting memory of Simca Develon.

Easily her most debilitating weakness. The sudden loss of Simca crippled Katrina and has left the entire window she saw the world through webbed with cracks in the glass. She questions everything now, everybody. Effects from the loss are an arm long list.

~ tumultuous relationships with her friends, often seeing the worst in everything they do and ignoring the best
~ severe decline in career performance resulting in her assignment away from the Syndicate zone
~ seclusion from most of the places she used to frequent, preferring only to float her liver at the I-RED Lounge
~ paranoia that borders on the superstitious now (she was already paranoid before)
~ frequent nightmares of losing Simca or others in various ways, often clearly at fault
~ "pod terrors", a form of waking nightmare or delusional panic attack while plugged into the capsule
~ decreased interest in diplomatic approaches, increased aggressive attitudes

She is known as the face of I-RED, and she's going insane. It's a miracle only few have noticed the signs and begun to question her merit. I say it's a miracle because that would only make things worse.

In my opinion, nobody and nothing is a greater threat and hinderance to Katrina than her inability to let go of Simca's memory.

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #10 on: 11 Apr 2013, 00:51 »

Pieter's nemesis is probably his temper and, therefore, himself. He strives to be even-handed and reasonable when he's in control of himself, but secretly he fears getting angry enough to do.... well, bad things.

Thus far the bad things include beating an insurgent to death with his own buddy's assault rifle and shooting up crippled Capital ships over Home.
« Last Edit: 11 Apr 2013, 01:19 by Pieter Tuulinen »

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #11 on: 11 Apr 2013, 02:10 »

When Karmilla was an Amarrian loyalist it was going to be Laerise.  I had this great plan to take on some petty feud, spawned over nothing (a convo while I was running highsec anomalies to be precise.) However after a certain point, I had zero contact with Laerise, and I'm not even sure they (player or character) realized something was up. The whole thing fizzled and became nothing.

Years later, exactly the same thing has come up. Except it's not my idea. I guess that's what it's really supposed to be about. So I think my nemeses are Mitara and Aldrith.

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #12 on: 11 Apr 2013, 04:06 »

I never tried to position my characters as Lex-es or Superman-s, Jokers and Batmans. And, citing one of my characters, I would like to say, that for me "having personal nemesis is not professional".

As close to nemesis, or personified enemy, I could name only leaders of opposite factions, but I guess everyone understands, that just killing a leader doesn't kill faction. Thus, no nemesis for me.

Oh, and my favorite RP against enemies is putting on stormtrooper helmet and screaming "Die, rebel scum!"  :P

Lyn Farel

« Reply #13 on: 11 Apr 2013, 04:36 »

In her youth until she got into the pod, her mother without a doubt. Her death was like a rite of passage for her.

After, probably Jade Constantine. She is one of the strongest antithesis Lyn has ever had : anarchism vs lawful order, and a way to twist transhuman/posthuman ideals in such a way that it made hers and Jade's completely opposed eventually. Where Jade was only concerned about a variant of the law of the strongest, Lyn is obsessed with society control.

After TEA, she may have find herself opposed to PIE Inc on several occasions. Not that it made them a true nemesis, but it could have been.

It has now been pretty much replaced by the Ardishapur heir, or their family in general.

Sepherim

• Omelette
  • Too fucking serious for himself... or not
    • The Chronicles of Sepherim Catillah
« Reply #14 on: 11 Apr 2013, 06:17 »

As far as nemesis goes, new-Seph would have to choose Silas Vitalia, as she's the most visible head of the Blood Raiders. Koronakesh would come second.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8