Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that hovercraft are common vehicles on stations? (p. 88)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Your Character's Alignment  (Read 14864 times)

Kiki Truzhari

• Dirty little space witch
  • Wetgraver
  • No Light! No Light!
Your Character's Alignment
« on: 21 Oct 2011, 15:21 »

To go along with the topic of what the alignment of the factions are, I thought I'd do something more fun and discuss what the DnD alignments of our characters are! So what do you think your characters alignment is? Do others agree or disagree?

For me, Kiki definitely comes off as Chaotic Good, shading into neutral good on some occasions. She definitely puts her friends and family before The Law, or Justice, but that doesn't mean she doesn't believe in right or wrong, and she holds her loved ones to that, but she's willing to completely put the law, or even right and wrong, aside for their sake if the need arises.
Prohasar man opre pirende - sa muro djiben semas opre chengende

Helen Ohmiras

Re: Your Character's Alignment
« Reply #1 on: 21 Oct 2011, 15:41 »

Strongly Chaotic Neutral.  People will probably strongly agree.

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #2 on: 21 Oct 2011, 17:29 »

I have always wondered where people would place their characters in a D&D setting of alignments. For John I would put him as Lawful Neutral, though I am sure some people would insist he is Lawful Evil in some aspects.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #3 on: 21 Oct 2011, 19:59 »

though I am sure some people would insist he is Lawful Evil in some aspects.

I don't see it. If anything, John strikes me as Neutral Good. He's willing to do whatever it takes to see that piracy is stopped and the good of Ishukone is served. Even if it means breaking a few laws.

Katrina is definitely Neutral Good though. She follows certain laws and customs, but completely ignores others. Either way, she wants the best for the world and herself, and does her best to bring some good to whoever she meets.

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #4 on: 21 Oct 2011, 20:35 »

Hmmmm. Vince has changed a lot over the course of years.

He's teetered from True Neutral to Chaotic Evil, but has long since drifted away from Chaotic Evil, and as he is now I don't think Chaotic Neutral or Neutral Evil describe him either.

So, I wasn't sure what he was at this point and time and after some pondering I decided to do the official WotC test from his perspective to see where he stands to day as a persona outside the setting or organization today.

According to the WotC own alignment test Vince stands currently as Neutral Good. Make of it what you will. I was somewhat amused and surprised to see  that one pop up.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #5 on: 21 Oct 2011, 21:16 »

An important thing to keep in mind is that the DnD alignment system is based on our outside perspective looking in. In morally ambiguous settings, it gets turned to swiss cheese.

Traditional alignment:
Ghost Hunter - Lawful Evil
Integrator Yeliana - Neutral Evil.

[spoiler]Actual alignment:

Ghost Hunter - Lawful Good
Integrator Yeliana - Lawful Neutral[/spoiler]
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #6 on: 21 Oct 2011, 23:19 »

This is a little difficult. Not only trying to avoid being self-indulgent but also over the years Seriphyn has become infinitely less two-dimensional than generic loyalist A.

As a father/friend/lover, when the "greater politics" of the world and all the shades of grey are taken away, probably just neutral good. But as someone with a military sense of moral conviction, this sometimes veers on lawful neutral or even lawful good. He is never chaotic.

I'd echo what others have said in terms of looking at characters as the only protagonist in the EVE universe (relative) instead of placing them in the entire setting which would be absolute, and thus shades of grey etc. etc. I think it more boils down to whether the intentions are sincere and whether one has principles or not....perhaps even...

Selfless/neutral/selfish
Principled/neutral/unscrupulous

Maybe even sincere/neutral/ulterior but that might fit in with the selflessness scale v0v

Shae Tiann

• Sweet little bad girl
  • Egger
    • Sweet Little Bad Girl
« Reply #7 on: 22 Oct 2011, 02:02 »

Shae is tricky to classify with the standard DnD alignment system, but as everyone else has said, it all depends on the character's point of view and everyone else's point of view, and Eve being very much painted in shades of grey makes things blurry.

As a pirate and outlaw, many people seem to see Shae as "Evil", in the classical sense. Given her general outlook on authority, she'd probably be seen as Neutral- or Chaotic Evil, depending on how extreme someone feels her actions are.

On the personal side, however, Shae's fallen to a life of piracy through a combination of unabashed pragmatism and distrust for the standing legal systems of New Eden. She has firm, personal definitions regarding innocence ("You signed on to a vessel going into hazardous territory or intending to engage other vessels; you knew the risks") and culpability ("As the captain of your ship, it is your responsibility to preserve the lives of your crew; if you'd rather not pay a reasonable ransom, their blood is on your hands, not mine"). By that definition, she could be seen as Chaotic Neutral or even Chaotic Good.

Scary  :eek:

Tiberious Thessalonia

• Everyone's favorite philositoaster
  • Pod Captain
  • Panini Press
« Reply #8 on: 22 Oct 2011, 05:13 »

I think Tib is Neutral Good or Lawful Good pretty much any way you shake the stick.

It amuses me to RP a good guy in Grimdark Grimdark:  Grimdark in Spaaaace
Do you see it now?  Something is different.  Something is never was in the first part!

Lyn Farel

« Reply #9 on: 22 Oct 2011, 07:21 »

Lyn is a little hard to describe in that system :

In terms of political alignement, she is neutral (more or less), but she still fights usual "piracy" and strongly supports concord. I would say in that case that she is mostly lawful good.

In social terms, she is neutral good.

In terms of everything else, she is pure neutral.

Myrhial Arkenath

• Omelette
  • One does not simply walk into Curse.
    • Diary of a Pod Pilot
« Reply #10 on: 22 Oct 2011, 07:50 »

Took the same test as Vince, ended up with Neutral. It really depends on who's viewpoint though, and who Myrhial interacts with. She'd go to great lengths for the Cartel and for the corp / alliance, where she's probably Lawful Good by their rules. Others however, she's be Neutral Evil. Sneaky, rather than overt. Except for sworn enemies like the Sansha. She'd still use covert techniques, but she also will very happily just blow them out of the sky without the slightest bit of remorse and in fact being quite happy about it.

CEO of Ghost Festival :: Executor of Naraka.
Diary of a Pod Pilot

Norrin Ellis

« Reply #11 on: 22 Oct 2011, 08:14 »

Someone called me lawful evil recently.  As for my character(s), I couldn't really say, but the WotC test gave me Neutral (True Neutral).
« Last Edit: 22 Oct 2011, 08:28 by Norrin Ellis »

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #12 on: 22 Oct 2011, 09:53 »

Morwen is apparently Neutral Good. Not too surprised, tbh.

I don't RP with Naoko enough to really do hers. :X
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #13 on: 22 Oct 2011, 12:03 »

where is this WotC test?  Not that we really need it, people who know stecker will probably peg her as...

Choatic What-the-fuck. 

her habit of doing randomly cruel things contrasted with her willingness to take bullets for her friends makes the good/evil thing hard to figure. Downside of being psychotic I suppose.

Edit: Due to the nature of the questions, the test in question says (unsurprisingly) Chaotic Evil. Rawr.
« Last Edit: 22 Oct 2011, 21:38 by Victoria Stecker »

Lydia Tishal

• Wetgraver
« Reply #14 on: 22 Oct 2011, 14:53 »

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20001222b

Lawful Good here. Which in Eve is the same thing as walking around with a "Please Kick Me" sign taped to your back. :)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6