Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The voice of the AI on capsuleer ships was recorded by Excena Foer? Read more here

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Your Character's Alignment  (Read 14862 times)

Helen Ohmiras

Re: Your Character's Alignment
« Reply #30 on: 23 Oct 2011, 22:31 »

The strange thing is, going strictly by that test, many Amarrians would be Lawful Good.  Even my own Amarrian character, that I would have pegged as Lawful Neutral at best, seems to be a Lawful Good character according to the test.  I think it says a lot about my own perspective that this was quite a shocking revelation to me.  It does make sense looking at it from a different point of view.

Thank you for linking this test!  I actually learned something about myself.  This is a very, very good thing.  :D

Z.Sinraali

• Pod Captain
  • You're a Jovian spy, aren't you?
« Reply #31 on: 24 Oct 2011, 06:54 »

I'm not very fond of the D&D alignment system, or that test, even within the confines thereof. To work at all, it should minimally be sliding scales rather than simple categorization, but given that there's game rules that explicitly rely on those categories to function, oh well.

If you put a gun to my head, I'd say Ze'ev is probably neutral or neutral good. While he's philosophically in explicit favor of the rule of the law qua the law, he's proven perfectly willing to break it when it benefits him, not just with the illegal boosters but bribery, false identities, and fraudulent business transactions. And while he commits a fair bit of time and money to altruistic causes, it's not clear to me that he has sufficient commitment to them in and of themselves to qualify as "D&D Good." He's never really sacrificed for them, he just throws money (acquired through business transactions that ultimately, inevitably feed into the cycle of capsuleer violence) at them.
The assumption that other people are acting in good faith is the single most important principle underpinning human civilization.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #32 on: 24 Oct 2011, 07:10 »

Does it seem odd to anyone else to use a system formulated for a medieval fantasy setting, for a grimdark futuristic where the questions are barely applicable?
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #33 on: 24 Oct 2011, 07:39 »

Does it seem odd to anyone else to use a system formulated for a medieval fantasy setting, for a grimdark futuristic where the questions are barely applicable?

Not really, no. ¬¬
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #34 on: 24 Oct 2011, 07:53 »

I've used a hammer to drive screws before. I see no problem with this.

Senn Typhos

• Pod Captain
  • Strong, Silent Type
« Reply #35 on: 24 Oct 2011, 08:05 »

I've used a hammer to drive screws before. I see no problem with this.

... actually, yeah, that's a pretty good analogy for this.
An important reminder for Placid RPers

One day they woke me up
So I could live forever
It's such a shame the same
Will never happen to you

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #36 on: 24 Oct 2011, 08:20 »

Interesting to note that those with matching alignments appear more pre-disposed to get along with each other in-character, regardless of factional alignments

Misan

• Shady Thukker & Ninja Admin
  • Pod Captain
    • Serious Thukking Business - Blog
« Reply #37 on: 24 Oct 2011, 08:54 »

Some of the stuff is hard to answer accurately given context (especially the ruler related questions) at least in Misan's case. Ended up getting Neutral Evil, though if I had to pick one on my own it would probably be Chaotic Neutral instead.
EVE Blog and Project Status: on hold -- busy being Thukker-esque IRL.
Twitter
What I'm busy with, if you're curious.

Ryven Krennel

• Wetgraver
« Reply #38 on: 24 Oct 2011, 09:21 »

Ryven prior to his suddenly gaining a conscience: Chaotic Evil.  He would piss in cereal and feed it to orphans just because it was tuesday.

Now, neutral good.  He serves Amarr, but for spiritual reasons.  His attachment to laws and governance are predicated on a need to serve something higher, this being the god of the Amarr, and via that, the empire.  His goal is to good, and if the empire stopped being his preferred way, he would leave it.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #39 on: 24 Oct 2011, 09:33 »

Some of the stuff is hard to answer accurately given context (especially the ruler related questions) at least in Misan's case. Ended up getting Neutral Evil, though if I had to pick one on my own it would probably be Chaotic Neutral instead.

I had to make analogies to answer some of the questions. For the Ruler ones, I usually shoved in "CEO" or "FC". People in either of those positions might have to make other analogies - alliance executors, or actual more literal "rulers" like Roden, Shakor, Heth, Jamyl, etc.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Bataav

• Egger
    • Intaki Liberation Front
« Reply #40 on: 24 Oct 2011, 10:54 »

As I suspected Bataav came out as Neutral Good, but I could see him drfiting to True Neutral quite easily.
#FreeIntaki | #IntakiPride

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #41 on: 24 Oct 2011, 13:20 »

Next to impossible.  Some of them are so irrelevant to Bacch that I just kinda closed my eyes and clicked. 

EDIT:  FWIW, it said CE, but I don't think that's an accurate reflection.

Valdezi

• Pod Captain
    • Stories by me
« Reply #42 on: 24 Oct 2011, 16:52 »

Mammal got Lawful Good:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article2.asp?x=dnd/dx20001222x

I saw him more as Neutral Good in my head.

Jalenar Frost

• Clonejack
  • Green Meany
« Reply #43 on: 24 Oct 2011, 20:54 »

Jalenar came out as Neutral.  A little suprised.  I figured there'd be a 'good' in there somewhere.  Oh well.
"The difference between a warrior and an ordinary man is that a warrior sees everything as a challenge, while an ordinary man sees everything as either a blessing or a curse.
-Don Juan; A Seperate Reality

Chell Charon

• Egger
  • IC: Main> Lord Crow Alts> Too many
« Reply #44 on: 25 Oct 2011, 04:24 »

Well.. Lord Crow:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Khorothis#p/u/0/zZL7ncwS4Gg
L-N
Considering it is actions that are judged it seems fair for the time being.
1. Think what you are about to say.
2. Know why you are about to speak up.
-This is here for me, I need the reminder.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6