Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

as Emperor, Doriam Kor-Azor changed the name of the fourth planet of the Kor-Azor system to Eclipticum and its moons to Black Viperia, Griklaeum, and Kileakum in honor of the champions who won him the throne.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Your Character's Alignment  (Read 14863 times)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
Re: Your Character's Alignment
« Reply #15 on: 22 Oct 2011, 15:28 »

Ahhh, did that one. Typical. Lawful good. Easier to apply without the metaknowledge of the wider universe, I suppose.

Helen Ohmiras

« Reply #16 on: 22 Oct 2011, 15:54 »

Heh, Chaotic Neutral on the test.  :D

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #17 on: 22 Oct 2011, 17:17 »

Deadie got an unsurprising Chaotic Evil in the WotC test. Pretty much how I see her.

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #18 on: 22 Oct 2011, 18:44 »

Gottii got "neutral good".   I prefer "barely good". 
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Crucifire

« Reply #19 on: 22 Oct 2011, 18:50 »

Neutral Evil. Not really opposed to laws and ordered society, but will only follow the rules when it suits her. She also believes she holds herself to a code of conduct (though it often comes across as hypocritical and probably is) and is rather honest in her dealings about being evil (or outwardly "good", as Ghost mentioned above).
« Last Edit: 22 Oct 2011, 19:37 by Crucifire »

Vieve

• Unreliable Narrator
  • Omelette
  • The Dark Powers Are Always Happy To Help
« Reply #20 on: 22 Oct 2011, 19:49 »

The WoTC alignment test was amusing.

Celeste - Lawful Neutral.
Vieve - Lawful Good.
Sabi - Lawful Good.
Maris - Chaotic Good.

I was surprised Celeste came out as 'Neutral' instead of 'Evil', but considering she does evil things for what she believes are noble reasons, I guess it balances out, or something.  The others don't surprise me a bit -- though I'm reasonably certain neither Vieve nor Sabi would (or should) be viewed as universally good.

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #21 on: 22 Oct 2011, 21:52 »

Shae is tricky to classify with the standard DnD alignment system, but as everyone else has said, it all depends on the character's point of view and everyone else's point of view, and Eve being very much painted in shades of grey makes things blurry.

This.  In reality, Bacch is probably Neutral Evil.  From a random site with a fairly in-depth description of the various alignments, some of the things that match with Bacch very well despite what he may think of himself:

Natural forces which are meant to cull out the weak and stupid are artificially suppressed by so-called good, and the fittest are wrongfully held back, so whatever means are expedient can be used by the powerful to gain and maintain their dominance, without concern for anything.

This fits with his philosophies on capsuleers vs non-capsuleers.  To Bacch non-capsuleers are an inferior race, much as Homo Erectus are to humans in modern evolutionary terms.  Those capsuleers that do not acknowledge their own innate abilities and superiority are fools that need liberating, and the only effective way of liberating them is to ruthlessly demonstrate to them the power of those who embrace their full potentials and rise above the petty squabbles of nations that are merely tribes of non-podder refuse.

Their only interest is in getting ahead. If there is a quick and easy way to gain a profit, whether it be legal, questionable, or obviously illegal, they take advantage of it. Although neutral evil characters do not have the every-man-for-himself attitude of chaotic characters, they have no qualms about betraying their friends and companions for personal gain. They typically base their allegiance on power and money, which makes them quite receptive to bribes.

This bit is not entirely true.  While Bacch has absolutely no qualms stealing, spying, scamming, or otherwise betraying people's trust, he is also fiercely loyal to his corporation and would not do anything that might damage Stimulus' mission and message of freedom.  That said, his reputation is such that over time he has been marginalized somewhat in the leadership of the organization insofar as its role inside the alliance is concerned, and while this has not bothered him, it has solidified his feelings that the other organizations flying with Stimulus are akin to mercenaries--they are pilots that may or may not embrace the Stimulus philosophy, but they are effective pilots that serve to deliver the message in a cluster where it becomes harder and harder for smaller groups to make an impact.

So in a sense, if you take that paragraph and change the "I" to "Stimulus," it works.  That said, there are some friends he would not betray (Veto, Eternal Rapture when it still existed, for instance, a very small group of individuals here and there) under any circumstances.  And others he would have no problem betraying for the right price (Viper Shizzle, for instance).

...natural and man-made forces, if allowed to take their course, weed out the weak and useless in society. The deserving should take advantage of this condition to further their own goals by any means possible, especially to destroy weaklings who put forward "good" actions to promote the well being of all, which is just an excuse used to deny the deserving their due. To the neutral evil being, life is of no value, for those who cannot take advantage of their superiority don't deserve it, and they'll only interfere with the rightful pursuits of those who do.

This sums it up almost perfectly, actually.

I should point out that Bacch does not see himself as evil or a villain, but simply as driven and ruthless in his methodology.  In fact in general I think that the notion that any persona sees themselves as evil for the sake of evil is absolutely silly.  Those that are evil are generally simply out for themselves with little or no concern for any other, or are so ruthless in pursuing their goals that there is room for no concern for the repercussions of pursuing them.
« Last Edit: 22 Oct 2011, 22:35 by Bacchanalian »

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #22 on: 22 Oct 2011, 22:53 »

Deadie got an unsurprising Chaotic Evil in the WotC test. Pretty much how I see her.

Hikari is the evil twin!  :o :cube:

DA5UN

• Wetgraver
  • Even drones can fly away
« Reply #23 on: 22 Oct 2011, 23:40 »

Kiruss came out Neutral Good.
Which is what I was guessing.

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #24 on: 23 Oct 2011, 01:45 »

I did the test, John came out as Lawful Good even with breaking some rules  :lol:

Lyn Farel

« Reply #25 on: 23 Oct 2011, 06:36 »

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/20001222b

Got this

Neutral Good

A neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others. He works with kings and magistrates but does not feel beholden to them. The common phrase for neutral good is "true good." Neutral good is the best alignment you can be because it means doing what is good without bias toward or against order.

Sakura Imoru

• Wetgraver
« Reply #26 on: 23 Oct 2011, 07:02 »

Did the test as well, according to it Sak is Chaotic Neutral.

Chaotic neutral is the best alignment you can be because it represents true freedom both from society’s restrictions and from a do-gooder’s zeal.

Carmilla

• Clonejack
« Reply #27 on: 23 Oct 2011, 07:16 »

Carmilla comes out as Chaotic Evil..... which I'm not that surprised tbh though Chaotic Good is better on a resume.

Personally I think she's more Chaotic Good  :twisted:

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
« Reply #28 on: 23 Oct 2011, 15:17 »

Simca got Neutral Good which isn't a surprise.  Though in some ways I would say she will be leaning to lawful or chaotic depending on the circumstances, but I'm happy with it.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #29 on: 23 Oct 2011, 22:10 »

Mitty is Lawful Good!

\o/
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6