Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Lonetrek dialect of the Caldari language is sometimes called the "throat infection" dialect?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: BATTLETECH. UNNNNNGH.  (Read 11527 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
BATTLETECH. UNNNNNGH.
« on: 14 Oct 2015, 09:31 »

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webeharebrained/battletech

Original creator of Battletech.  People who did the recently awesome 'Shadowrun Returns.'

Turn Based. Tactical. Giant Mechs.

Story driven, campaigns, pew pew.

Lyn Farel

Re: BATTLETECH. UNNNNNGH.
« Reply #1 on: 14 Oct 2015, 09:37 »

Too bad i'm not much into mechas... Intriguing anyway.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #2 on: 14 Oct 2015, 09:41 »

Yeah, I was told about this yesterday and immediately threw them 125 USD. I considered going for the jacket, but given that they're that high on the stretch goal list I can't justify that expense. I'm definitely hyped.

Jev North

• Egger
« Reply #3 on: 14 Oct 2015, 09:41 »

Yess.

Harebrained did good with the Shadowrun adaptations, and Battletech is Battletech, so I'm very much looking forward to this one.
Pinocchio forces another handful of flesh into his tiny wooden mouth. "You are what you eat," he sobs. "You are what you eat."

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #4 on: 14 Oct 2015, 09:44 »

This will wash my effing palate of terribad MWO and MW Tactics ptw goldfarming nonsense. Ugh.

I think property is now with the right people.

Will look you all up there when we have it :)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #5 on: 14 Oct 2015, 09:48 »

Too bad i'm not much into mechas... Intriguing anyway.

The original property is very cool, sort of Dune family houses meets mechas, yea...

Should be a fun story you command a group of mercenaries, so you pick which houses to work for and things develop from there...

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 14 Oct 2015, 11:03 »

After that lightning strike melted my router, I just spent two weeks playing almost nothing but WH40K Armageddon and Shadowrun: Hong Kong (which should teach me to keep more offline games installed at any given moment), but given what I'm hearing about what the devs have planned here I'm quite excited. They did some absolutely fantastic things with Shadowrun (particularly Dragonfall and Hong Kong when they didn't have to spend so much time/effort on the actual game engine/mechanics as they did with Returns), so I am really looking forwards to this.

Hong Kong was good enough that I played through it four times in a row clocking in just shy of 50 hours, so if they manage to squeeze in that level of quality writing in Battletech it'll be a goty contender for me.

I wonder what these guys could have done with the WH40K setting? Ah well, wishful thinking I suppose, but some day... some day I'll have a good Dark Heresy computer game.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #7 on: 15 Oct 2015, 06:26 »

Aff.

Vizage

• Egger
« Reply #8 on: 15 Oct 2015, 15:16 »

One of my friends wrote an article about this! You all should read it. For reasons and stuff!

http://www.cgmagonline.com/articles/features/kickstarter-done-right-harebrained-unveils-battletech/

Gottii

• A Booty-full Mind
  • Veteran
« Reply #9 on: 15 Oct 2015, 22:21 »

This post makes me overheat.
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"
― Isaac Asimov

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #10 on: 03 Dec 2015, 16:46 »

2.8m USD total, not counting addons or second chance backers. That's a successful kickstarter, guys. Every single goal met and every backer mission completed. Check your e-mails and make sure you update your pledge with addresses and what platform you want your keys on. I'm waiting giddily for my awesome Battletech swag.

Backerkit lockdown is January 15th, so don't dawdle or forget.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #11 on: 03 Dec 2015, 16:55 »

2.8m USD total, not counting addons or second chance backers. That's a successful kickstarter, guys. Every single goal met and every backer mission completed. Check your e-mails and make sure you update your pledge with addresses and what platform you want your keys on. I'm waiting giddily for my awesome Battletech swag.

Backerkit lockdown is January 15th, so don't dawdle or forget.

I gave it the 24 hour rule after just about giving them way more than I should have, and ended up just buying the game and multiplayer access :P

Nissui

« Reply #12 on: 03 Dec 2015, 17:16 »

Good for them. I really enjoyed SRR, so I'm glad they are doing well.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #13 on: 03 Dec 2015, 19:38 »

After that lightning strike melted my router, I just spent two weeks playing almost nothing but WH40K Armageddon and Shadowrun: Hong Kong (which should teach me to keep more offline games installed at any given moment), but given what I'm hearing about what the devs have planned here I'm quite excited. They did some absolutely fantastic things with Shadowrun (particularly Dragonfall and Hong Kong when they didn't have to spend so much time/effort on the actual game engine/mechanics as they did with Returns), so I am really looking forwards to this.

Hong Kong was good enough that I played through it four times in a row clocking in just shy of 50 hours, so if they manage to squeeze in that level of quality writing in Battletech it'll be a goty contender for me.

I wonder what these guys could have done with the WH40K setting? Ah well, wishful thinking I suppose, but some day... some day I'll have a good Dark Heresy computer game.

GW doesn't treat its IP with as much tender loving care as the ex-FASA guys do with theirs.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Kador Ouryon

• History's Greatest Meatshield
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #14 on: 09 Dec 2015, 18:57 »

I regret not backing the kick starter when I had the opportunity being quite the fan, if not a table top player, the lore of the universe.....

I love the designs especially the King Crab and the Jaegermech.

I'm really looking forwards to a game that lets me replay all my mercenary ideals out in the battletech universe.
"We ripped up the ending and the rules...and cast aside destiny...leaving nothing for us but an endless cycle of death and rebirth. Which is all well and good, except... Well, what if I've made the wrong choice? I have faith that it wasn't.....but how am I supposed to know? I'm getting ahead of myself. Let me tell you my story.Let me tell you everything."
- [name redacted] Truest Adamance
Pages: [1] 2 3 4