Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The language of the Amarr empire is spoken by more people than any other language? Read more in this Chronicle.

Author Topic: Is This Wiki Creative Commons?  (Read 2194 times)

Abaris Fagimasad

• Clonejack
Is This Wiki Creative Commons?
« on: 19 Jun 2018, 19:22 »

Hello everyone,
I'm a brand new member of this community coming over from EVE University, and I noticed that the Uni's wiki is woefully lacking in even the most basic lore information. While it would of course be counter-productive to try and recreate the amazing resources developed here, there are a few key elements that I'm planning to add to the Uni's wiki, one of which being an overview of Chronicles. In particular, the page here listing each Chronicle and its owner is simply too valuable to just recreate word by word. While editing a page over there I noticed that there's a disclaimer stating that the information being published there is all strictly under Creative Commons licensing and can be used by anyone for free. Is that also true of this wiki?

To put it bluntly, if I attributed the page, would there be any issue with taking a table from this wiki and adding it to the University's wiki?

Thank you,
Abaris

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
Re: Is This Wiki Creative Commons?
« Reply #1 on: 19 Jun 2018, 20:49 »

Go right ahead. The Backstage wiki is, itself, ultimately just a repost of the original official EVElopedia, which CCP made available for people to use when they took it down.
« Last Edit: 19 Jun 2018, 20:52 by Samira Kernher »

Aradina

• Behold.
  • Wetgraver
Re: Is This Wiki Creative Commons?
« Reply #2 on: 19 Jun 2018, 21:42 »

The Backstage wiki is mostly stuff from the old Evelopedia, so I don't think we can entirely tell you not to copy stuff from it without being hypocrites :P

That list is fairly old though, and needs updating.
I exist sometimes.