Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that Scagga once lost 800,000,000 isk in one night due to his gambling problem?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: BATTLETECH. UNNNNNGH.  (Read 11589 times)

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
Re: BATTLETECH. UNNNNNGH.
« Reply #46 on: 03 May 2018, 02:55 »

Good grief what a pack of crybabies. I have never understood why something can't just be a bit chill. A slow pace fits perfectly with Battletech. This isn't Doom 2016 or Unreal Tournament, it's a turn-based strategy. Maybe there's a significant under use of anti-anxiety meds or something out there.

Hell, it's no slower than the XCOM games either.

Utari Onzo

« Reply #47 on: 03 May 2018, 08:46 »

It’s a matter of taste. I think there’s fair comment on the artificially inserted pauses and if some people want to fine tune the speed a little through options I don’t see what the issue is given it doesn’t impact my personal enjoyment.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #48 on: 03 May 2018, 10:34 »

Official patch one is including options for reducing the lag between turns, etc, due to numerous backer suggestions. woot

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #49 on: 03 May 2018, 10:41 »

Never going to argue against more options, letting people tune their own experiences. I'm talking about the people who throw the perfectly good bathwater out with the baby over something that unfathomably inconsequential. Check the comments on that article for an example of it. People returning the game because of something that might add a minute to the bigger fights of the game.

This is pretty objectively one of the finest additions to the turn-based strategy genre we've had in ages, quite impressively managing to package a highly in-depth and complex system into a surprisingly good (and addictive) game that on top of it all oozes BattleTech from every single pore.

Trash talking it over something that ridiculous is just utterly daft, when there's actually valid things that could be complained about, and improved. This is one of those things that annoy the hell out of me, since it gives the whole 'entitled gamers' bullshit actual legs to stand on.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #50 on: 03 May 2018, 16:05 »

I think the mistake there is validating or invalidating other opinions with another opinion. People love or hate games for all sorts of reasons that may seem silly to people who don't feel that way. 

That the battles take forever and those minutes add up is personally a pain in the ass for me with as someone with limited play time, and seems a lot of people feel the same way. It's all good we shouldn't get bent out of shape about it either way.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #51 on: 05 May 2018, 09:09 »

PC Gamer interview with devs.

Salient points would be their current focus on bugfixing, performance improvements and so on. DLC Conversations have started, but they haven't nailed down anything yet, except that the first DLC most definitely will not be Clans. They're looking at more incremental movement along the BattleTech timeline.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #53 on: 05 May 2018, 15:23 »

That article got close to it, but didn't mention that there's still randomness involved even if you follow that slavishly. I've gotten three salvage parts from coring a mech (Battlemaster Assault Mech), and I've headshot a mech and gotten just one piece of salvage. I'm waiting for Word of God (HBS Devs) before I take these things too much to heart.

67 hours in and almost two full campaigns, I've come to terms with there just not being any guarantees for salvage. 500+ dead mechs have taught me that much. What I do know for certain is that Tac9 is the most important thing to level. 18% chance of headshots makes for glorious hail mary moments.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]