Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the Minmatar military specifically recruits hardened criminals for service in its elite Valklear units, and that many of the Republic's most senior officers were originally recruited in this way?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: General New Release and Upcoming Vidjo Games Thread  (Read 5642 times)

Velarra

• Wetgraver
  • Angel
    • DED Profile
Re: General New Release and Upcoming Vidjo Games Thread
« Reply #45 on: 09 Oct 2015, 13:20 »

Recently released as in yesterday?  :)

Armored Warfare Open Beta, purely for its very immersive PVE gameplay and crytek environments. 'Have played more than a little (8k+ matches in WoT) and lost much of my taste for its PVP as well as moba style pvp games in general. I blame this partly on the caustic WoT community and Eve teaching pvp = murder & not a casual sport with vaguely equal teams on two sides of a field.

Assetto Corsa 1.3 was released with a new track, new set of cars and continued improvement to its handling, tire, & physics characteristics. Plays very enjoyably with a 360 controller, even if many of its sim community aficionados are prone to claiming it's only viable with a wheel/pedal setup. Criticisms of note would include a tacked on career mode, and the AI if really new to the game and/or driver in need of improvement as they can be a little violent. Equally, you will not find night driving, multiple light sources and rain/snow as often advertised in other games. Criticisms aside the game is a great, visceral ~driving sim~ first and foremost, great for hot lapping, VS AI once you get used to how they drive, as well as online racing.

AW - aw.my.com

AC - http://www.assettocorsa.net/en/
AC Race Department category for tracks/cars/liveries - http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/categories/assetto-corsa.1/
(note the 3k+ and growing AC mods available for easy free DL)
« Last Edit: 09 Oct 2015, 13:38 by Velarra »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]