Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Lai Dai megacorporation has far ranging interests, is one of the foremost research companies in the cluster, and has strong links to the Khanid Kingdom?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: General New Release and Upcoming Vidjo Games Thread  (Read 5639 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod

As we have separate threads let's leave out Fallout, Star Citizen, Elite, etc.

What's on the horizon you are pumped for and why?

Have any of you played Galactic Civilization 3? Hearing mixed things.

XCOM 2 coming as well.  Enjoyed the first one, even if Koronakesh obliterated me the handful of times we tried multiplayer.

Witcher 3 getting fantastic reviews too?

What else?!

Nissui

Re: General New Release and Upcoming Vidjo Games Thread
« Reply #1 on: 03 Jun 2015, 12:30 »

Now that W3 is live, I'm looking forward to more news on Cyberpunk 2077. I played a fair bit of 2020 in my youth and am hoping that the promise of a non-linear adventure in the life-is-cheap/grindcore vein is fulfilled.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 03 Jun 2015, 12:35 »

Now that W3 is live, I'm looking forward to more news on Cyberpunk 2077. I played a fair bit of 2020 in my youth and am hoping that the promise of a non-linear adventure in the life-is-cheap/grindcore vein is fulfilled.

What's up with that game? Wasn't that first trailer years ago? Stalled?

Jev North

• Egger
« Reply #3 on: 03 Jun 2015, 12:48 »

10:1 the team making it got cannibalized in the end run of Witcher III.
Pinocchio forces another handful of flesh into his tiny wooden mouth. "You are what you eat," he sobs. "You are what you eat."

Lyn Farel

« Reply #4 on: 03 Jun 2015, 13:15 »

Galactic Civ 3 interests me, but... I played GalCiv 2, which is a nice 4X game in itself, but it felt... Not plain. Something was lacking. It became old pretty fast.

Also, the ship designer/fitter was annoying (I hear it's awesome now in GalCiv 3).

I will have to watch a few vids to see the depth of the gameplay. The whole idea that everything has to be run on a balanced budget made the game interesting and complex enough, but the lack of... other features was what didn't hold me very long on that game. That and the fact that choosing evil was always full of benefits and choosing good full of cons...

On upcoming releases i can't wait for the last 2 episodes of Life is Strange, which was the biggest surprise for me this year, especially after their latest game which was... good(graphics)/mediocre(gameplay) at the same time.

Also waiting for the slooooow release of the chapters of Dreamfall...

Not sure if there is anything else on my radar...

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #5 on: 03 Jun 2015, 22:01 »

Witcher 3 is fantastic. I spent so many hours fighting the greatest Gwent players of the land. I slogged through rain and mud to reach every Gwent player to challenge them for money and cards so I can buy more cards. I challenged blacksmiths, merchants, peasants, barons and even kings in that card game and beat them all! Unfortunately, I am now stuck fighting this senile old man whose deck is beyond unfair. Seriously, put down one card and draw two more from deck to lay down on the table? What the bloody hell I am supposed to do against that with my Northern Army deck?

Monster-hunting, difficult decisions with grave consequences and all that? Never heard of it!
« Last Edit: 03 Jun 2015, 22:03 by Elmund Egivand »
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 10 Jun 2015, 13:55 »

Hearts of Iron IV.

The previous in the series veered far too much into terrible UI / Menues / static hex combat military sim for my tastes (or patience), but this looks like a step in a more interesting direction (in my opinion).

Might this be sort of the end all be all military complicated sim if you want to spend days slugging it out in glorious detail rewriting WW2?

https://www.google.com/search?q=hearts+of+iron+4&oq=hearts+of+iron+4&aqs=chrome..69i57.2172j0j1&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=93&ie=UTF-8

Lyn Farel

« Reply #7 on: 10 Jun 2015, 14:23 »

Ohh yes, I completely forgot about that one.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #8 on: 10 Jun 2015, 14:28 »

Loving the crap out of Witcher 3, personally. It's like a super-pretty Skyrim that actually feels populated by people.

Still not entirely the best at Gwent, but it's fun. I'd totally play it for real.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #9 on: 15 Jun 2015, 09:36 »

Loving the crap out of Witcher 3, personally. It's like a super-pretty Skyrim that actually feels populated by people.

Still not entirely the best at Gwent, but it's fun. I'd totally play it for real.

Gwent prayers answered.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/06/14/table-simulator-gwent-mod/

Nissui

« Reply #10 on: 15 Jun 2015, 10:18 »

Well, uh Dishonored 2 is also looking pretty enticing now. I have the first but have never played it, so I guess that goes to the top of my playlist.

Valadeus

« Reply #11 on: 15 Jun 2015, 11:22 »

Well, uh Dishonored 2 is also looking pretty enticing now. I have the first but have never played it, so I guess that goes to the top of my playlist.

Missing out on a very good game...

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #12 on: 16 Jun 2015, 00:23 »

Galactic Civ III feels like GC II with better graphics and different AI. Sometimes better AI. Sometimes 'one civilization is warlike and begins to roll through all the other AIs who offer little to no resistance.'

I won my first game by ignoring any sort of diplomacy and just conquering all the idiot AIs for their own good so I didn't have to fight another empire seven times my size.

The X-Com II trailer got me to reinstall X-Com. I am looking forward to it.

I have Witcher 3 and have been playing it on and off. It's better than the first three in many ways. I just finished with the Crones and I'd say it's a classic 'you don't get to be a hero' Witcher quest.

My friend at BioWare got me a free, year long subscription to TOR, so I automatically get the new expansion when it rolls out. That ought to get me excited and eager to level my various PCs, but it doesn't. There are a bunch of QoL improvements that won't be hitting until fall, so whenever I start playing, I'll run into something annoying/unnecessary and think 'If I wait a couple more months, this will go away,' and end up logging off.

Once, I loved Dragon Age, but despite my liking Inquisition, I've gotten bored with the series. What I've heard about the upcoming DLC and their plans for DA 4 has just fizzled all my enjoyment.

Alternatively, the new Mass Effect stuff sounds fun.

Like others here, I'm interested in the new Dishonored. I'm hoping that the new Mirror's Edge does well as I know there's a lot banking on that. I’ll pick up Batman: Arkham Knight and expect I’ll like it but not love it. Alternatively, I plan to love Deus Ex: MD – I’ve enjoyed all the games in the series, even Invisible War.

Nu-Doom is apparently a bit of a dud. Divinity: Original Sin is getting an Enhanced Edition, and I’ll probably pick that up. I liked the Tomb Raider reboot, so am looking forward to that.

Most MP isn’t my thing, so no interest in SW: Battlefront, Tom Clancy’s: The Division, or Destiny.
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #13 on: 16 Jun 2015, 01:00 »

The Battlefront trailer was, to me, one of the most disappointing things in the show. It cemented my opinion that Battlefront has been gutted of a lot of the core mechanics and themes that defined it, and I'm sorry to see that.

Also, the Star Wars lore nerd in me cringed pretty hard, but Battlefront games have never been particularly had in that respect so it gets a pass there.  :P
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #14 on: 16 Jun 2015, 09:11 »

Yea I've got less than 0 interest in anything Battlefield related.  The SW skin on the games has sometimes been entertaining but I've got a huge mental block these days I really have to struggle to get over for some of the big publishers and the preorder/dlc/marketing shittery to deal with.   

The thing is the way they show it, yea it's probably a ton of fun, but we know how those games actually play, a bunch of idiots standing around waiting to spawn into tanks or planes and 90% of your 'team' make you want to facedesk the entire match ;)

NEW DOOM.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NteAPGprDJk  I'll bite if only for nostalgia reasons as Doom 1 shareware on 3.5" hard disk was a pivotal gaming experience for my tiny mind at the time.

I don't know what to think about new Mass Effect.  I know a lot of people had a ton of fun with the multiplayer in ME3 but that's not why I play Mass Effect.  I wouldn't mind if Andromeda was a spinoff or something and we got a proper
M4SS EFFECT sequel.  It looks maybe too 'sexy' and actioned up if that makes sense?

Mirror's edge was just a wonderful, surprising game to come out at all, I really, really appreciated the whole thing. Interested if this one keeps to the same feel.

I liked some of the Fallout 4 stuff they showed, I think the playerbase will really like the crafting and base building elements, and the mod scene will have a field day with this!  But then I remember it's Bethesda and I'm sure you'll get the $400 'horse armor' dog armor DLC :P that you'll have to use to get some other special thing in the game :P

I also have to add SOUTHPARK SEQUEL.  That was the last console game I purchased a few years back, and it was brilliantly hilarious making fun of all the RPG tropes, so funny.  Anyway I will have a blast with this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB6P5gpNan0

« Last Edit: 16 Jun 2015, 09:17 by Silas Vitalia »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4