Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That being a cruel slaver is actually a fitting description for Angel Cartel members as well?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: "Out of Game" and le devs  (Read 13327 times)

Gwen Ikiryo

• Omelette
Re: "Out of Game" and le devs
« Reply #45 on: 27 Apr 2015, 07:27 »

Collusion is an awsome thing. The problems only come when CCP says something like, "Hey, those guys were pretty cool, right? Why don't we ask them if they want to do <x thing> as well..." One too many times, without looking at other options. At that point, you get people dangerously close to becoming the protagonists of a multiplayer game.

I don't think that will happen, but I can get why people tend to fret about it. That's why we should be doing our best to make sure there aren't any closed circles, or even percieved closed circles.
« Last Edit: 27 Apr 2015, 07:48 by Gwen Ikiryo »

Aelisha

• Egger
  • Maker of ISK, Supplier of SRPs
« Reply #46 on: 27 Apr 2015, 07:36 »

None of us are going to get any answers about how CCP works on this forum.

A question to the floor: have we resolved that slack is not a unique or more effective means of obtaining access to CCP? To follow, have we also resolved that Slack is not a platform that seeks to elevate some individuals above others?

I agree with Jev that if we're down to discussing tone, that is something that a forum thread is ill served to discuss. If however there are on going issues that we, the players, can address in a lack of knowledge regarding social media integration and the EVE meta game, then I for one welcome polite, concise questions on the matter.

Semantics aren't going to get us far and neither will hostility. I can deal with closed circles, but I for one cannot stop any man jack or woman jane among you from perceiving any circle I am in as closed if you so choose. I will entertain questions about how to solve the latter through telling you the means by which i got involved so you might do the same. The latter is probably best posed in the appropriate level of sociological study; I personally would not dare to redefine what you see, even if it is a closed door when there is none.

Let's focus on what we can learn and how we can contribute, here.
« Last Edit: 27 Apr 2015, 07:46 by Aelisha »

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #47 on: 27 Apr 2015, 07:56 »

I actually (maybe unpopular opinion here) want more collusion and pilfering of the player community stoof. Hoover that stuff up, there's pages and pages and pages of OC from players sitting idle.

I liked AURORA, I liked small events involving RPers all over with small, low stakes arcs that were cannon. People need to be excited about low stakes events and low stakes content, and have patience that it doesn't involve their character or their faction. 

I don't want every dev thing to involve all peoples in galaxy shattering events.  I want the B team of player DM's running small things, or including small content to flesh out the world.

I want them rotating through all the factions, doing events for all the things, tiny things, and moving on.  This month it's a Serpentis event.  Next month the TLF get tipped to take out a rogue fleet commander.  Next month a new prayer book gets released to the Ni Kunni.

On and on.

« Last Edit: 27 Apr 2015, 07:58 by Silas Vitalia »

Gwen Ikiryo

• Omelette
« Reply #48 on: 27 Apr 2015, 07:57 »

Well, a circle doesn't have to be locked to be closed. But what I mean is, there shouldn't be any places where CCP is interacting with the Roleplay/Lore community that is not very easy to find out about through in game channels. The solution to this is both:

1) CCP making it a bit clearer to everyone where they're watching, and
2) Us as a community making it clearer to everyone where we're operating.

Hopefully the two being the same thing.

Gwen Ikiryo

• Omelette
« Reply #49 on: 27 Apr 2015, 08:00 »

I actually (maybe unpopular opinion here) want more collusion and pilfering of the player community stoof. Hoover that stuff up, there's pages and pages and pages of OC from players sitting idle.

I liked AURORA, I liked small events involving RPers all over with small, low stakes arcs that were cannon. People need to be excited about low stakes events and low stakes content, and have patience that it doesn't involve their character or their faction. 

I don't want every dev thing to involve all peoples in galaxy shattering events.  I want the B team of player DM's running small things, or including small content to flesh out the world.

I want them rotating through all the factions, doing events for all the things, tiny things, and moving on.  This month it's a Serpentis event.  Next month the TLF get tipped to take out a rogue fleet commander.  Next month a new prayer book gets released to the Ni Kunni.

On and on.

Silias, I gotta ask, how come you're getting so invested in this stuff? I was under the impression that you'd quit the game for good.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #50 on: 27 Apr 2015, 08:03 »

I'm not playing the game but there are a lot of rad people who I like who still are?

I would be sad to not chat with you all and pack up and move out completely.

Also I'm drinking my coffee and delaying starting my work day :P

My job can be very high stress long hours so I like being off in Eve land sometimes.
« Last Edit: 27 Apr 2015, 08:07 by Silas Vitalia »

Gwen Ikiryo

• Omelette
« Reply #51 on: 27 Apr 2015, 08:05 »

I'm not playing the game but there are a lot of rad people who I like who still are?

I would be sad to not chat with you all and pack up and move out completely.

Also I'm drinking my coffee and delaying starting my work day :P

Well, I didn't mean chatting in general. Just that you seemed to be passionately speaking about very specific things you'd like to see from CCP personally. You seemed more excited about it all then I would've expected!

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #52 on: 27 Apr 2015, 08:11 »

Perhaps my que to shut up as since I'm not giving them money anymore my opinions count for jack.

Hmm.

Arkon Sarain

• Egger
« Reply #53 on: 27 Apr 2015, 08:11 »

Perhaps my que to shut up as since I'm not giving them money anymore my opinions count for jack.

Hmm.

Or perhaps a sign to return? :D

Aelisha

• Egger
  • Maker of ISK, Supplier of SRPs
« Reply #54 on: 27 Apr 2015, 08:13 »

It doesn't strike me that Gwen meant that at all, Silas. They seemed more surprised at your enthusiasm while not being directly involved in the game client aspects of the world. Possibly because they might not be so enthusiastic themselves were they not playing?

It will not do to accuse some of being reactionary and hostile, then doing so oneself.

Liuni Kalthis

• Wetgraver
« Reply #55 on: 27 Apr 2015, 08:15 »

I come back to find a thread deleted and people upset...
Guys if you want to get help with talking with CCP in these channels why not just ask someone who created the paper or morwen or many others in that slack? No one is going to tell you no or to fuck off.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #56 on: 27 Apr 2015, 08:26 »

It doesn't strike me that Gwen meant that at all, Silas. They seemed more surprised at your enthusiasm while not being directly involved in the game client aspects of the world. Possibly because they might not be so enthusiastic themselves were they not playing?

It will not do to accuse some of being reactionary and hostile, then doing so oneself.

Not a bit of hostility here, that comment was directed at myself, out loud.  Apologies if construed otherwise.

Backstage is home to a lot of non-subscribers, it's the last EVE train stop is all.

Anskek

« Reply #57 on: 27 Apr 2015, 08:32 »

Silas no offense, and I'm sorry if this seems mean, but this entire situation has just seemed to me like a bunch of passive aggressive suggestions of favoritism presented in a 'civil' way for the sake of discourse that led to my thread being closed, our work being basically muddied, and now probably going to lead to another IA incident. If you really don't mean to stir shit as Morwen said, please let this fucking topic drop.

I'm already discouraged as it is.

No I don't need your reassurance. No I don't fucking want your explanation. If you actually do respect me and the others, drop this bullshit, all of you. At this point I don't even know if I wanna bother with this again given all the shit it got. I don't care about the intent behind your discourse in all this. Intent is irrelevant. How the message is received is all that matters.

I wanted to do something fun, I wanted to move the story along, I wanted you all to see the potential of what could happen here. But no, jealousy, bitterness, and nit picking at pointless details won the day. Congrats. You all won. I learned my lesson.
« Last Edit: 27 Apr 2015, 08:35 by Anskek »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #58 on: 27 Apr 2015, 08:39 »

Collusion is an awsome thing. The problems only come when CCP says something like, "Hey, those guys were pretty cool, right? Why don't we ask them if they want to do <x thing> as well..." One too many times, without looking at other options. At that point, you get people dangerously close to becoming the protagonists of a multiplayer game.

I don't think that will happen, but I can get why people tend to fret about it. That's why we should be doing our best to make sure there aren't any closed circles, or even percieved closed circles.

I can remember at least one case where it more or less happened, back in the sansha live events. Not sure if people really went mad over it, or at least, I don't remember well.

Actually maybe it was the same issue. Maybe people didn't know that day how to contact CCP but one or two players, who happened to monopolize most of the official/CONCORD info, as far as I recall.

Or maybe not. I wasn't privy to what was going on.

I come back to find a thread deleted and people upset...
Guys if you want to get help with talking with CCP in these channels why not just ask someone who created the paper or morwen or many others in that slack? No one is going to tell you no or to fuck off.

Well, that's what we actually tried to do here... : |

Vikarion

« Reply #59 on: 27 Apr 2015, 08:50 »

I wanted to do something fun, I wanted to move the story along, I wanted you all to see the potential of what could happen here. But no, jealousy, bitterness, and nit picking at pointless details won the day. Congrats. You all won. I learned my lesson.

Uh. I might be misreading something here, but that's not the impression I got at all, of Silas or the thread.

I didn't know about these channels before, and now, having known, I'd like to figure out how to participate. If this thread hadn't been posted, I wouldn't have known.

As for accusations of favoritism...(obligatory whine :P ) I'm not really worried about under-the-table favoritism when CCP is doing things like having the Republic mindlessly attack the Fed so they can have more "Fed-wins-everything-yay!". It's like worrying about sunburn when one has just set one's pants on fire.

More to the point, I've been in the news two or three times myself. It's not that big a deal. Just enjoy the content CCP produced.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6