Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the Society for the Conservation of State Traditions is a fiercly nationalistic Caldari lobbyist organization that unleashed a scathing rebuke of PIE Inc. pilot Kostantin Mort in late YC106.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: "Out of Game" and le devs  (Read 13320 times)

Jennifer Starfall

• Egger
Re: "Out of Game" and le devs
« Reply #75 on: 27 Apr 2015, 11:03 »

Anslo, Mizhir, Liuni/Kalo, and Kyber went above and beyond to pick up the lore ball and run with it. The paper was published on IGS and was mentioned notably on the Hydrostatic Entosis lore podcast. And they got recognized by CCP for it.

Want to know the real kicker? Anslo will be the first one to credit those who worked on it with him.

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #76 on: 27 Apr 2015, 11:19 »

Yes, Silas - the community is in a horrible state. Anslo mentioned 'faction hopping' and favouritism as being the two things that people are most interested in - and he's bang on 100% right.

My own experience with the RP community has turned Eve from a near-obsession to something I log into when I know a fleet is going out - something I have Slack to thank for, ironically, since I don't have to be logged in to know what's happening in my alliance now. Quite frankly, the ability of some people to be OOC hostile to me because of the people I fly with initially shocked me, but events like these are increasingly common and my experience is certainly not novel.

Now, I took your comments in the light of "I'm confused, please educate me about what I'm seeing and not understanding." but certain people in this community are always setting a wire and then hiding in the bushes so that they can leap out and get their feelings hurt.

I'm not surprised that the horribly under-resourced Eve Community team has latched onto Slack as a low-maintenance way of interacting with a large chunk of their currently interested userbase. Should they? No. But they don't have the resources to do the job properly and it's either something like this (used to be the IGS and was LiveEvents after that) or nothing.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #77 on: 27 Apr 2015, 11:39 »

Yes, Silas - the community is in a horrible state. Anslo mentioned 'faction hopping' and favouritism as being the two things that people are most interested in - and he's bang on 100% right.

My own experience with the RP community has turned Eve from a near-obsession to something I log into when I know a fleet is going out - something I have Slack to thank for, ironically, since I don't have to be logged in to know what's happening in my alliance now. Quite frankly, the ability of some people to be OOC hostile to me because of the people I fly with initially shocked me, but events like these are increasingly common and my experience is certainly not novel.

Now, I took your comments in the light of "I'm confused, please educate me about what I'm seeing and not understanding." but certain people in this community are always setting a wire and then hiding in the bushes so that they can leap out and get their feelings hurt.

I'm not surprised that the horribly under-resourced Eve Community team has latched onto Slack as a low-maintenance way of interacting with a large chunk of their currently interested userbase. Should they? No. But they don't have the resources to do the job properly and it's either something like this (used to be the IGS and was LiveEvents after that) or nothing.

Nice post, thank you.

Half confused, only.  But if I want to disagree with people I usually just do it, I don't feel a need to be passive aggressive as I'm not out to get anyone if I disagree with them or not.   

If people read some of my thread topics as argument baiting I apologize, and please believe I'm trying to be somewhat neutral and give people a venue to discuss the things in hopefully a civil environs, If I agree or not with the posters. 

Ashley

• Wetgraver
« Reply #78 on: 27 Apr 2015, 13:52 »

omg, so much dramalama 'cause of a good thing it's bloody hilarious.  :D

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #79 on: 27 Apr 2015, 15:04 »

Apparently telling people they did an awesome job is a personal attack. Whatever.

The autopsy trailer was awesome guys, I enjoyed it.  :P

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #80 on: 27 Apr 2015, 15:33 »

To the people concerned about using social medias for eve stuff. If you haven't noticed it already, then there are many eve players who are on twitter under their eve char identity. My twitter account has nothing to do with RL stuff: https://twitter.com/MizhirStarsurge I am normally not much active on social media but I have found that twitter, and now slack as well, is a great tool to get in touch with eveplayers without actually logging into the game and it will likewise serve as a great source of information. So I see no difference between that and this place in terms of commitment or gating. Everyone is welcome. And regarding advertisement. Both slack and this place (as well as ingame channels) have been spread through the users and if anyone asks about what slack is, people have told them about it.

Same.  Arkon, you can just make a char called Eve-Arkon or something on twitter and no one needs to know who you are in rl!

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #81 on: 27 Apr 2015, 15:59 »

Though it can be amusing when people forget whether a Twitter feed is IC or OOC. For mine, they are me the player not the character. Some folks have gone the other route and made them an IC broadcast.

That being said, a tend to prefer Slack to Twitter because Slack groups are more cohesive than Twitter lists. I'm not actually a member of any of the roleplayer/content Slacks since it became a thing while I was away from EVE - but I do use it for other EVE friends.

Arkon Sarain

• Egger
« Reply #82 on: 27 Apr 2015, 18:20 »

To the people concerned about using social medias for eve stuff. If you haven't noticed it already, then there are many eve players who are on twitter under their eve char identity. My twitter account has nothing to do with RL stuff: https://twitter.com/MizhirStarsurge I am normally not much active on social media but I have found that twitter, and now slack as well, is a great tool to get in touch with eveplayers without actually logging into the game and it will likewise serve as a great source of information. So I see no difference between that and this place in terms of commitment or gating. Everyone is welcome. And regarding advertisement. Both slack and this place (as well as ingame channels) have been spread through the users and if anyone asks about what slack is, people have told them about it.

Same.  Arkon, you can just make a char called Eve-Arkon or something on twitter and no one needs to know who you are in rl!

Thanks Mizhir and Luna :D I might look into doing that, I am insanely cautious about social medias what with being a teacher it isn't a joke to say they can ruin your career :P But that is a good idea so thanks for bring it up :)

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #83 on: 27 Apr 2015, 18:29 »

Thanks Mizhir and Luna :D I might look into doing that, I am insanely cautious about social medias what with being a teacher it isn't a joke to say they can ruin your career :P But that is a good idea so thanks for bring it up :)

Depending on how paranoid you are, you can exclusively connect to Twitter via a proxy server.

Vikarion

« Reply #84 on: 27 Apr 2015, 22:12 »

Incidentally, how can I get an invite to this channel?

EDIT: thanks morwen!
« Last Edit: 27 Apr 2015, 23:37 by Vikarion »

Ollie

• Egger
« Reply #85 on: 28 Apr 2015, 06:35 »

This probably doesn't belong in this thread given the last six pages of how it's turned out and the unfortunate way Anslo's first thread got canned but anyway...

Anslo, Kyber, Kalo and Mizhir - speaking from a medical perspective myself, your two reports were immersive and really well put together.

Nicely done and thanks for the effort made.

Liuni Kalthis

• Wetgraver
« Reply #86 on: 28 Apr 2015, 09:10 »

This probably doesn't belong in this thread given the last six pages of how it's turned out and the unfortunate way Anslo's first thread got canned but anyway...

Anslo, Kyber, Kalo and Mizhir - speaking from a medical perspective myself, your two reports were immersive and really well put together.

Nicely done and thanks for the effort made.
Thanks for the kind words!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]