Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Gallente Federation loyalist and [EL-G] CEO Seriphyn Inhonores is originally from Caldari Prime?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: CSM minutes  (Read 6626 times)

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
Re: CSM minutes
« Reply #30 on: 30 Oct 2014, 14:54 »

Also, it sounds like standings would decay negatively, but not positively (i.e., your standings would never slowly tick up if you stopped shooting a given faction for a while).

The only way I can see this working is if there were some fairly heavy restrictions on how the decay worked. For instance:
- A hard cap on how far the decay goes. You might decay down to +5, but never below +5.
- A very long timer before the decay begins; for instance, completing a mission every few months would be enough to prevent decay beginning.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Dessau

« Reply #31 on: 30 Oct 2014, 16:11 »

These are certainly interesting approaches to veteran retention.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #32 on: 30 Oct 2014, 17:06 »

Summary of other bits that might be of interest to us:

- CCP is looking into ways to make escalations more interesting.

- Escalation rate from a given combat site is low, 2-4%

- Between that low rate and a number of escalations that are completely broken, CCP considers a lot of the escalations to be "hidden content" and wants to change this. They want to do this and reveal "hidden content" before making new content.

- COSMOS missions are being looked at for a reworking down the line. On an RP note, this this might mean finally updating some of the funkier COSMOS missions to match current PF.

- The system which renders portraits is broken for agents and NPCs, forcing new agent creation to be a labor- and time-consuming process. This is "almost fixed". Not mentioned in the notes, but this is a big part of why NPCs continue to languish in outdated positions (e.g., Karin Midular) - it's difficult at the moment to create new ones to replace them.

- CSM delegates suggest updating mission and fluff text to remove out-of-date inconsistencies. CCP responds that they try, but there is only one writer at CCP "to keep up with everything" (not named, but possibly Abraxas).

- Populating mission and complex pockets is done via the POS-creation tool. For those of us who have set up a POS, let us shed a tear for the poor devs who get this job. They are looking for ways to streamline this process, although they acknowledge it means that there are no two missions in the game with identical environments. NPC creation takes the longest time - 4-5 days per NPC. This is the limiting factor on the creation of new missions.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #33 on: 31 Oct 2014, 08:27 »

Yeah, the only people I have sympathy for are the ones that created their character during a drinking binge and named it 'BuTshecks4LyFe'. But I can't get over the 'handle your consequences' approach.

But things like a gender change? They better write new PF making that realistic. A lot of it. With scientific World News, development, execution. Everything.

As someone who is trans in the real world, right now, it is plenty realistic already. I've also played transgender characters in the past, so I think this is a pretty neat addition to the world. Its great if someone say, started playing EVE, made a male character, then came out as trans and wanted to have a female character to match their identity. It means they wouldn't have to completely reroll. I can only see this as a good thing.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #34 on: 31 Oct 2014, 10:17 »

- Populating mission and complex pockets is done via the POS-creation tool. For those of us who have set up a POS, let us shed a tear for the poor devs who get this job. They are looking for ways to streamline this process, although they acknowledge it means that there are no two missions in the game with identical environments. NPC creation takes the longest time - 4-5 days per NPC. This is the limiting factor on the creation of new missions.

That's just embarrassing.

Although it's enough to make me feel some sympathy.

Some.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #35 on: 31 Oct 2014, 15:34 »

Yeah, the only people I have sympathy for are the ones that created their character during a drinking binge and named it 'BuTshecks4LyFe'. But I can't get over the 'handle your consequences' approach.

But things like a gender change? They better write new PF making that realistic. A lot of it. With scientific World News, development, execution. Everything.

As someone who is trans in the real world, right now, it is plenty realistic already. I've also played transgender characters in the past, so I think this is a pretty neat addition to the world. Its great if someone say, started playing EVE, made a male character, then came out as trans and wanted to have a female character to match their identity. It means they wouldn't have to completely reroll. I can only see this as a good thing.

I think you missed my other posts. I agree with everything you just said. What I have said elsewhere, further explaining my position, is that CCP misused the term 'dysphoria' in their fiction and that needs to be handled (or as others pointed out, simply retconned/ignored). They used it in some circumstances as a way to describe mental issues that can happen with drastic clone changes and ignored what the term actually means in real life.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #36 on: 31 Oct 2014, 23:12 »

As someone who is trans in the real world, right now, it is plenty realistic already. I've also played transgender characters in the past, so I think this is a pretty neat addition to the world.

Raze Valadeus > Miss Truzhari is a sexually transgendered male turned female and is currrently engaged in a susbsequently lesbian relationship with Miss Saskia?

I will never not save that quote.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #37 on: 01 Nov 2014, 11:17 »

I think you missed my other posts. I agree with everything you just said. What I have said elsewhere, further explaining my position, is that CCP misused the term 'dysphoria' in their fiction and that needs to be handled (or as others pointed out, simply retconned/ignored). They used it in some circumstances as a way to describe mental issues that can happen with drastic clone changes and ignored what the term actually means in real life.

dysphoria means a state of unease or generalized dissatisfaction with life. It doesn't necessarily apply to gender and there are plenty of non gender related forms of dysphoria.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #38 on: 01 Nov 2014, 12:18 »

I think that's just further strengthening the argument that it is the wrong word to be using in this case, Saede.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #39 on: 02 Nov 2014, 07:24 »

I liked some of the discussion in the veteran retention segment, about CCP being terrified to change the status quo due to incarna PTSD for far too long. I think they have a difficult road ahead.

They seem to be saying the right things about the need to shake things up, but that's a long way from a deliverable.

I suppose acknowledging the funk they are in is a good step, I just hope they aren't just rearranging deck chairs on the titanic at this point..

As far as gender/name/race changes they dont currently mean shit to the actual gameplay of the game so I don't see the issue.   I would prefer those things were a bit more entwined into the game than a small ID picture.  Captains quarters needs to be shut down or expanded, its a constant insult this many years later.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #40 on: 02 Nov 2014, 07:41 »

I think that's just further strengthening the argument that it is the wrong word to be using in this case, Saede.

Yes, this.

Kohiko Sun

• Duckling
  • Egger
« Reply #41 on: 03 Nov 2014, 06:13 »

At the moment, all members can now freely aggress each other. We are looking to change this so that being in the same member corp does not give you the right to legally kill your corp mates. The main goal of this is to make recruitment safer for the recruiter and the recruitee.
There goes giving everyone love taps. "Green stars are just like red stars, except you share a corp chat," is going to get me CONCORDokkened when/if that happens. <.<
Will work for pretty sig.

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #42 on: 03 Nov 2014, 06:19 »

I'm not up to date on this. Did they say if you can still rep awoxers?

Ex: RR domi forgets to set drones to passive will cause everyone in rep squad to get CONCORDED.

Edit: Nevermind. This isn't a thing yet, is it?
« Last Edit: 03 Nov 2014, 06:28 by Anyanka Funk »

Kohiko Sun

• Duckling
  • Egger
« Reply #43 on: 03 Nov 2014, 07:25 »

Not yet. It's part of the changes they want to make to corp and alliance stuff. I like to give a quick scram or shoot a gun at corpies before I warp off, so forgetting while I have a red safety would be bad. (Even if I'd probably do it anyway just to laugh about it if I do remember it first.)
Will work for pretty sig.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #44 on: 03 Nov 2014, 09:40 »

The consensus - which I agree with - seems to be that sending it straight to CONCORD is a bad idea. Giving someone who shoots a corp member suspect would seem like a better way to balance out the need for protection against the need for flexibility.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4