Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the corp with the most holders of the Kourmonen Campaign medal, handed out by Yonis Ardishapur himself, today reside in PIE?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: CSM minutes  (Read 6624 times)

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
Re: CSM minutes
« Reply #45 on: 03 Nov 2014, 10:12 »

It'll make webbing friendlies into warp a bit of a pain.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #46 on: 03 Nov 2014, 10:36 »

I'd made a suggestion that some people seemed to like on Twitter but ofc it's obviously too late to really make a difference ingame for tomorrow:
- Freely allow intra-corp aggression (as it is now)
- Apply penalties (sec hits, concordokken, whatever) on destruction of a corpmate's ship, IF the Limited Engagement timer between the two corpmates was caused by aggression from one corpmate to the other. (That is, when you aggress someone you are given a Limited Engagement with them. If this happens, a kill results in a penalty.)
- However, if those two corpmates had a Limited Engagement with each other prior to the initial aggression (ie, a duel), then any ship (or pod) destructions that occur subsequently between those two players for the duration of the Limited Engagement go unpunished/sanctioned.

There's a few holes in it, like what happens if two corpmates are just screwing around w/o a duel and one accidentally destroys the other (a "forgiveness" mechanic would be useful here - give the 'victim' 24-48h to reverse the penalty applied to the other person), or if a third party comes along and blaps one of them, etc.

In the end, I guess, the issue is a question of how to balance the risk, and CCP has decided that the simplest method is to just prevent direct-consequence AWOXing wholesale. Which I guess is fine in some ways (though I think it excessive) but for non-hostile aggression between corpmates there's always the duel thing. And it totally fucks RVB up the ass, which is definitely not cool. :\

Miz: use a duel. I've had to do that (hauler alt is not in Morwen's corp and hasn't been for ages), it works and is annoying, but it still is better than nothing.
« Last Edit: 03 Nov 2014, 10:40 by Morwen Lagann »
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #47 on: 03 Nov 2014, 10:44 »

I keep forgetting duels exist now. Thanks.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #48 on: 03 Nov 2014, 10:46 »

It also makes intra-corp tournaments a fair bit harder to set up.

Back in KOTMC we had a really fun frigate free-for-all involving dozens of frigates spit out of an orca for people to hop into and start shooting.

If we were doing that now, we would have one of two options:
- Everyone duels everyone else, and we pray nobody forgot any connections.
- We all go suspect by yanking from a can or something, although this requires finding an out-of-the-way system to do it in where we know we won't be scanned down and blapped by someone looking for easy kills.

Even then, there's the possibility we might end up wrecking our faction standings, depending on how that loss works.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #49 on: 03 Nov 2014, 11:06 »

The consensus - which I agree with - seems to be that sending it straight to CONCORD is a bad idea. Giving someone who shoots a corp member suspect would seem like a better way to balance out the need for protection against the need for flexibility.

On a superficial level the CSM idea had some appeal but then more I thought about it the worse and worse it sounds in practice.  ILAW usually has a fun corporation tournament every year including a free for all.  I'd go with marking suspect (with no standings/sec status loss) if something *had* to be done, but (wearing my director hat here) just making it easier to kick people should be sufficient (and aren't they doing that?)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #50 on: 03 Nov 2014, 11:23 »

Would that proposed thunderdome PvP deployable structure solve some of these issues?

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #51 on: 03 Nov 2014, 11:44 »

Would that proposed thunderdome PvP deployable structure solve some of these issues?
Sure.

If it ever makes it off of Duality and onto TQ.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #52 on: 03 Nov 2014, 15:41 »

On the corp pvp, one interesting suggestion I saw was in the main forums:

"Make being able to engage corpies a global on/off option, within the corp, for a specific member or role. Then the corp could use it as needed for pvp practice or internal discipline etc ..."
« Last Edit: 03 Nov 2014, 15:57 by Lunarisse Aspenstar »

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #53 on: 04 Nov 2014, 14:25 »

*Kat activates the Energized Adaptive AstroGlide and slowly approaches the gate with her carrier. She pushes the tip in gently, slowly spreading the tight temporal orifice open. Groaning in pleasure as she feels the smooth stargate swallowing her Chimera, she backs it out a little bit, letting the stargate 'kiss' the tip of her ship again. Pushing it in further this time, she makes it roughly amidships inside, the gate twitching and throbbing around her shields. The heat and electric crackle of the overstrained wormhole sends pleasure wracking down her spine, but she can only continue to push, to ~force~ her way into that stargate until in a scream of carnal bliss she has managed to bottom out in that slutty little systems gate and pops out the other side in Jita. The stargate lays gaping wide, unable to return to its former size for a while, and Kat's carrier wiggles its stern a little bit in a goodbye tease, before warping off to 4-4...*

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #54 on: 04 Nov 2014, 14:28 »

The fuck did I just read
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #55 on: 04 Nov 2014, 15:39 »