Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that Frentix exists in a diluted version called Frenetix?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: CSM minutes  (Read 6627 times)

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
CSM minutes
« on: 29 Oct 2014, 12:04 »

http://cdn1.eveonline.com/community/csm/CSM9Summer_Minutes_2014.pdf

of immediate interest to RP people:

possibilities of:
More clothes
Race change certificates
Gender change certificates
Name change certificates
Hats
\o/

Jace

• Veteran
Re: CSM minutes
« Reply #1 on: 29 Oct 2014, 14:00 »

Name change certificates is an absolutely horrid idea. Terrible. If that is implemented, someone at CCP should be fired and publicly shamed.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #2 on: 29 Oct 2014, 14:03 »

Name change certificates is an absolutely horrid idea. Terrible. If that is implemented, someone at CCP should be fired and publicly shamed.

it does say that name changes would retain history, and a search for either name would find the character.
\o/

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: 29 Oct 2014, 14:08 »

it does say that name changes would retain history, and a search for either name would find the character.

I personally support the immediate, blatant, and instinctual reaction you get with recognizing names. It triggers the immediate need to actually look at their history or ask about them. Continual changing of names will put a much heavier load on others to figure out who everyone is - and this game already has a heavy burden in that area.

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #4 on: 29 Oct 2014, 14:10 »

I don't know. I was always a 'live with the consequences' kind of guy, but if it was linked to your old name as well I'm not sure I would have any huge objection. Particularly if it was limited to every 6 months, year, or even 1 time. Particularly if it was just 1 time.

As far as clothes, that is always nice - though I'd also like to see the (probably way more difficult to implement) different heights and body types. Of course, I'd also like to see what's outside the door some day.  :(

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: 29 Oct 2014, 14:16 »

Yes, I would probably flail less if it was a one-time change. But I'd still be sore about it.

Clothes are \o/ but hairstyles are the most important in my list of customization priorities. A combination of new and fixing the one we have that are just awful.

Also, I want a ship shaped like a unicorn with glitter engine trails. And rainbow lasers. And cotton candy torpedoes. And...

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #6 on: 29 Oct 2014, 14:18 »

Well, it would be a nice feature for people who made poor naming decisions - I would also say they should have a record of old names in 'show info' for clarity. So you click on someone and can immediately see the old name(s) too.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #7 on: 29 Oct 2014, 14:25 »

one of the usages they mentioned, was that if you allow gender changing, you require a name change as well.
\o/

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: 29 Oct 2014, 14:27 »

Yeah, the only people I have sympathy for are the ones that created their character during a drinking binge and named it 'BuTshecks4LyFe'. But I can't get over the 'handle your consequences' approach.

But things like a gender change? They better write new PF making that realistic. A lot of it. With scientific World News, development, execution. Everything.

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #9 on: 29 Oct 2014, 14:30 »

Yeah, the only people I have sympathy for are the ones that created their character during a drinking binge and named it 'BuTshecks4LyFe'. But I can't get over the 'handle your consequences' approach.

But things like a gender change? They better write new PF making that realistic. A lot of it. With scientific World News, development, execution. Everything.

Roleplaying a post op trans man or woman. Sounds interesting!

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #10 on: 29 Oct 2014, 14:48 »

Given cloning tech, and presumably the state of medical science in general, the gender change seems like it would actually be less difficult than the legal hoops that would presumably be required for a name change.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: 29 Oct 2014, 15:03 »

Given cloning tech, and presumably the state of medical science in general, the gender change seems like it would actually be less difficult than the legal hoops that would presumably be required for a name change.

With the lore mentions of dysphoria and other things that go along with a major clone change, it seems like it should require extra explanation unless the character was actually trans.

Nissui

« Reply #12 on: 29 Oct 2014, 17:11 »

...possibilities of:

Race change certificates
Name change certificates

Hoping 'possibilities' was stressed heavily in this conversation. Consider me biomassed if these go live.

Other than that, still digging into the veteran retention section which is pretty meaty for a non-vet.

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #13 on: 29 Oct 2014, 18:13 »

I was quite intrigued by the ammount of discussion regarding PvE content....escalations, COSMOS, missions, Standings, etc.

I think missions and standings in general need to be reviewed throughly.....but not sure the path they have been discussing is the appropiate one.

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #14 on: 29 Oct 2014, 19:13 »

With the lore mentions of dysphoria and other things that go along with a major clone change, it seems like it should require extra explanation unless the character was actually trans.

Clone tech advances, surgery after clone has been created? PF can change over time. Don't see why people are getting butthurt over such additions.

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4