Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Frentix is a very powerful painkiller?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: EVE Rubicon  (Read 20477 times)

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
EVE Rubicon
« on: 26 Sep 2013, 14:56 »

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

Link to official expansion page:
http://www.eveonline.com/rubicon/
« Last Edit: 26 Sep 2013, 20:58 by Saede Riordan »
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
Re: EVE Rubicon
« Reply #1 on: 26 Sep 2013, 15:03 »

Should I transfer all the information into one post in this thread? I think I should  :)

21:06 - Stream starts, CCP Guard is presenting, Rise and Fozzie will be supporting.

First guest is CCP Seagull, talk is about the future of Eve. Thinking about the long term vision, core theme of space colonization. "There is a lot that can be done... Unprecedented level of control over the universe for capsuleers"

"Eve is not just a game, but a living sci-fi world" Player stories, etc.

Pictures of Badgers building stargates - "These pictures are to illustrate the kind of things we are considering... All about building things, destroying things, the spread of human empires and by extension the separate force of the Capsuleers. Capsuleers want to master the forces fo the universe, the technologies (mechanics) of space travel"

"The question of what would happen if capsuleers were not bound to the known universe. This is what we want to do, start a journey outside of this universe"

21:10

"The Empires are starting to be worried about capsuleers, and they should be. This journey will question many of the rules that have governed the universe for a long time. This vision lets us start questioning some of the long term fundamentals."

"These (stargate building) pictures do not represent what you will get right away, but it is where we want to go"

21:12 - Expansion name.

The new expansion is the 'start of the journey', will be released on the 19th November.

Eve Online: Rubicon

"Kickass events for christmas"

"Taking us to the point of no return?"

Features are well on the way, handing over to Fozzie and Rise.

21:14 - Fozzie, Rise and Guard

"All the teams are right in the thick of it, some stuff is almost done, some still being worked on"

"Players might be nervous about rules changing in systems... High-sec customs offices are becoming player controlled. As usual, offices will be destroyed then replaced by player owned ones, changeable tax rights etc. Intended to allow highsec corps to have 'their own space'. Expected to generate conflict based on the worth of the planets."

"Favorite mechanic of Fozzie's as it generates income but not out of thin air, comes from other players."

21:20

"New set of deployable structures (yaay more hitpoint grinding ._.) not based on the current POS code."

"4 new types, maybe extra sub types. Siphon Unit (names are all in progress, dev blogs etc are on the way), allows people to steal resources from starbases, particularly moon mining and reactions. Anybody can take from it, does not provide notifications. People can only know it's there if they actually visit the POS"

"Intended to allow players to "poke each other in the eye"

"Depot. Inexpensive in-space hangar. Literally a home base. May Does have refitting ability, cargo hold for loot dropping. All structures are destructible, including CONCORD response (meaning there isn't any). Can be dropped anywhere including in deadspace or safespots."

"My little home"

"Deployable automatic tractor beam and looting device. Doesn't salvage for you, but groups all the wrecks together." (lol Noctis)
"Doesn't work on wrecks you don't own"

"Deployable, temporary (1 time use), cyno jammer. 100km/70km undecided range. Prevents you being hotdropped at 0, not snipers. Has a spool up. Does not block covert cynos. Very cool effect"

"Will we get a cyno-jammer jammer? Maybe someday"

21:27 Still Guard, Fozzie and Rise

Changing the old warp acceleration mechanicss

"Every ship has the same acceleration time, so warp speed doesn't matter. Now warp speed also effects warp acceleration. Small ships are fast, big ships are slow, freighters have higher warp speed, t1 cruisers are the base line and have no change. Small ships will now be able to properly catch big ships that warp off, possibly arriving first  :twisted:"

"Interceptors will be able to actually intercept."

21:29 Ship rebalancing

"Not everything is ready, but Marauders, Interceptors, EAFs and Light Interdictors are being worked on"

"Interceptors are planned to be bubble immune (all kinds, anchored or HICs). Not big combat buffs, actually losing some hp, but far enhanced tackle and scouting ability. Probably won't be able to fit cynos :P Less safety for bubble spamming ratters. Thread should be up by early next week, feedback is of course appreciated"

Marauders

"Picture of Kronos in transformed mode, front plates are raised by glowing blue tubes. 'Neons on a car hood'. Not all art is finished yet, all very different from each other. Mechanics wise, 'Bastion' (name is sticking) EW immune, can't move, massive tank. Reduced MJD timer stays. (Pretty much what is in the marauder thread) More updates are coming for the official thread"

Interdictors

"Not that far through the process, interdictors are crap in a weird way right now. Core role remains as bubblers, warp changes are really gonna help them, they will be fast. Weapons and tank are all changing. New bubble art!"

EAFs

"Almost really cool, but hard to use. Becoming quite a bit better, doubling the range on their secondary EWAR, webs/points/neuts etc are now much closer to recon range, 35km neuts etc. CSM love them."

21:37 New missile launcher

"BS sized launcher to pair with the Rapid Light Missile Launcher, this one fires heavies. Missile launchers have few options compared to turrets, balancing this out. Looks cool."

"Time machine to 5 years ago, RAVEN WILL BE AWESOME, CALM DOWN"

21:39

New ships

"Sisters of Eve (new pirate faction 'oops' -Rise)"

Holy shit they look cool. OMG that's some good art

"Gallente/Amarr bonused. Long deployment exploration, versatile, combat capable when away from home a long time. Amarr armour resists bonuses, Gallente massive drone bays, exploration bonuses hacking, probing and cov ops cloaks. Probably not quite as combat worthy as the other pirate faction ships. Able to work on almost any PvE exploration site, but also capable in combat"

"SoE are peacekeeping, humanitarian. Self defence with a vengeance"

21:42 Usability features

"Certificate system is being completely reworked, dev blog out soon. Certificates will no longer have other certs as pre-reqs. Better organisation, new concept called 'Mastery', shows how generally good you would be at a ship. Just one cert for eg Navigation, split into 5 levels. No longer a seperate window to the character sheet, Faar better for new players"

"Tells you when you are super-elite"

" 'Interbus ship progression tree' lists all the ships in Eve, shows what you can fly and how well you can fly it. They light up if you're awesome. Still WIP, dev blogs on the way. Better guidance for where you're going and how to get there."

21:47 Character selection screen

"More information, slicker, better looking. New functionality - more on that soon"

Last on the list for Fozzie and Rise:

"Integrating Twitch TV into the Eve client. Makes it easier to stream, share what you're doing, no 3rd party software required at all. Push button, receive stream. Adds more usability for people in game and out. Please give feedback, we really want it."

The list is not final, things may be added or changed

Moving swiftly on, announcements:

Collectors edition ships late October, still available to pre-order

Eve Vegas, Guard, Fozzie, Rise, Loxy and Bro will all be there, speakers, prizes, workshops etc. First 500 pilots to show up get one of the remaining resin cast BS models, Valkyrie will be available to try in HD. Tickets can be brought in cash or plex.

Eve Down Under at end of November for the Aussies, Fozzie will be there, Chribba too.

21:54 Stream ends, after thanks and requests for feedback when the threads go up.

DISCUSS.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Akrasjel Lanate

• Omelette
« Reply #2 on: 26 Sep 2013, 15:11 »

Anslol

« Reply #3 on: 26 Sep 2013, 15:26 »

Do we need to be in a player corp to deploy that personal home/pos thing? If not than +1 OMG

Also lol@SOE stealing a vulcan cruiser and making it their own. Well played Sisters..well played...

* Anslol squees like a school girl at the ever loving fuck of amazing that are the SOE ships.
« Last Edit: 26 Sep 2013, 15:29 by Anslol »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #4 on: 26 Sep 2013, 15:53 »

And what do they look exactly ? Not to ruin the atmosphere but you are all squeaking about those ships and not giving any link...

Iwan Terpalen

« Reply #5 on: 26 Sep 2013, 16:04 »

And what do they look exactly ? Not to ruin the atmosphere but you are all squeaking about those ships and not giving any link...
For the benefit of the instant gratification generation: http://www.eveonline.com/rubicon/.

Gesakaarin

« Reply #6 on: 26 Sep 2013, 17:19 »

You know the most interesting aspect I see there is the concept of player/corporation owned stargates. I've seen missions where the pirate factions have their own deadspace stargates and I think the ability for players/corps/alliances to deploy their own super secret stargate networks would make things very interesting in low/null space.

Sure some people will whine they can't camp lowsec chokepoints with sebo Lokis or deploying bubbles in null, but I still hope it works out just so I can hopefully watch smaller nullsec groups able to do Chairman Mao style raiding/guerilla wars in mega-bloc space or indy groups being able to enter lowsec territory while giving the finger to smartbomb BS campers.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #7 on: 26 Sep 2013, 18:07 »

I'm curious how it will be for those of us who intend to remain loyal to the empires.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #8 on: 26 Sep 2013, 18:36 »

...meh... "We want you to be able to take control and colonize space," but we aren't going to talk about how we are going to make the building part more interesting/enjoyable.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #9 on: 26 Sep 2013, 19:12 »

...meh... "We want you to be able to take control and colonize space," but we aren't going to talk about how we are going to make the building part more interesting/enjoyable.

This.

It feels like the first step for the whole 'Capsuleers can make their own Empires!' bulletin that got sent out a while ago. Unfortunately it's not exactly delivering on that aspect, and Rubicon isn't pushing out anything to the scale of Retribution.

Too early to tell, but the few candy features aren't doing that much for me. Good potential of course, but how they are going to use it isn't translating.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Demion Samenel

• Commander
  • Egger
    • 4TH blog
« Reply #10 on: 26 Sep 2013, 20:10 »

We can sing shanties while we do it?

found it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frtqbwcWw_U
« Last Edit: 26 Sep 2013, 22:08 by Demion Samenel »

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #11 on: 26 Sep 2013, 20:49 »

Think I'll stick with the Jade Doctrine: We burn empires, not build them.    :yar:

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #12 on: 26 Sep 2013, 21:14 »

http://www.flickr.com/photos/33092407@N06/sets/72157635933607495/

Took high res photos of the slides for everyone.

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #13 on: 26 Sep 2013, 21:44 »

Think I'll stick with the Jade Doctrine: We burn empires, not build them.    :yar:

But I am not even talking about building empires.  I am taking about building ships, modules, and consumables, the very things needed to burn empires.  The game play for turning asteroids & moons into stuff is using tools that are largely from before Trinity.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #14 on: 26 Sep 2013, 22:00 »

I'm quite enjoying building actually, and protecting what I've built.
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10