Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Signatories to the Federal Charter retain the legal right to regulate shipping and security in their original territories, among other things? Read more here.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: EVE Rubicon  (Read 20474 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Re: EVE Rubicon
« Reply #135 on: 17 Nov 2013, 21:21 »

I love when these trailers come out. People always complain that it doesn't match game mechanics/logic.

I have particularly fond memories of the reactions to the Dragon Fleet trailer.

That was the one where somebody overlayed a TS3 recording of Supertwinky FCing over the trailer and it fit perfectly.

So yes. It was quite nice.

Although I admit in retrospect I liked it for another reason: Capsuleers were not infallible demigods of DOOOOOOOOM. In fact, they were very fallible throughout the trailer:
- They fail at killing a critical target before it performed its duty.
- They show up late at critical times.
- They make critical mistakes in the midst of battle.
They were normal people doing epic things... and that made it all the more epic.

I chalk that up to these being newer capsuleers.  Like any group of people you've got your professionals and you've got your 'lol lets go haxing' fresh out of academy set. It's all valid and them dying works better for the trailer, compared to 'dragon fleet' showing up in the other trailer and 'kill everything' deus exing mofos.

Makoto Priano

« Reply #136 on: 18 Nov 2013, 14:41 »

So. Random Rubicon and post-Rubicon randomness.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/18/eve-rubicon-sets-up-ccps-greatest-mystery-yet-interview/

So. Confirmation that the next step (over several expansions) is going off into the vastness. It also sounds like there'll be an element of 'you must be THIS fancy with warping to use/make/hump the gate,' and also random bits.

Mind, this is somewhat like the still-unknown elements of Apocrypha. Evidently there're still some secrets that people haven't dug up from the various structures.

Myyona

• Spilling beans
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #137 on: 19 Nov 2013, 04:55 »

Adding new systems to explore is sure to gather a lot of player interest (myself included). I just hope it is in consideration to allow access to it for both big and small groups as well as solo players. Like w-space.
EVE Online Lorebook at eve-inspiracy.com

Mebrithiel

• My main is my falcon alt ♥
  • Egger
  • A wild Meb approaches!
    • Blood Inquisition
« Reply #138 on: 19 Nov 2013, 09:21 »

http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/18/eve-rubicon-sets-up-ccps-greatest-mystery-yet-interview/

So. Confirmation that the next step (over several expansions) is going off into the vastness. It also sounds like there'll be an element of 'you must be THIS fancy with warping to use/make/hump the gate,' and also random bits.

Mind, this is somewhat like the still-unknown elements of Apocrypha. Evidently there're still some secrets that people haven't dug up from the various structures.

Eeeeee! It's so awesome to see my mates article getting around without mine or CCP's effort haha!

Also, unless they're inty rat frigates, my Rattlers Garde II's will nuke them at 20km easy. I tend to prefer not to let them get that close though  :P

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
« Reply #139 on: 19 Nov 2013, 09:39 »

My hopes is that the "conquest" of new space...goes in two specific vectors, within empire space into less-than-desirable systems (nebula, proto-stars, whitedarfs) and opens resource gathering albeit in less profitable areas...and also outwards, into new colonizable systems starting out from current nullsec and beyond with prime real state.

WH itself i don't think it can be "expanded" through stargates, as it would be a contradiction, but if more systems were added into the pool would be dandy.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #140 on: 19 Nov 2013, 10:56 »

Eeeeee! It's so awesome to see my mates article getting around without mine or CCP's effort haha!

It was posted by CCP on their facebook page yesterday :)

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]