Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That, even on non-capsuleer vessels, ship command sections are designed to be sheared off and function as an escape capsule? (The Burning Life p. 85)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21

Author Topic: CCP Falcon: Live from OOC  (Read 39543 times)

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
Re: CCP Falcon: Live from OOC
« Reply #45 on: 12 Sep 2013, 13:55 »

So, someone is just imagining some form of huge CCP favouritism to some faction, as regards event actors turning up in player-made events ?
\o/

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #46 on: 12 Sep 2013, 13:58 »

EDIT: Kat, you're misunderstanding the issue.

The problem isn't that there's now a CCP public channel for these things. The problem is that an actor is now forbidden to - IC or OOC - recognize the contributions of a segment of the RP playerbase by discussing anything with them in a private manner, even when factional loyalty would normally push them to. Upcoming plans, ongoing operations, fleet comms, thanks for aid in operations... these can no longer be given in anywhere but a "public" channel.

I am not misunderstanding the issue. I'm debating the gravitas of the issue. CCP has only specified three channels, not every single channel other than their own. They are removing themselves from those three channels because of the complaints made by a certain **** about how they were banned for making real life threats at me because of video game roleplay. I am really not concerned with the outcome of this. I'm sorry if any of you are, but hey - few of you had to deal with that person knowing where you live and being within driving distance to put a gun to your forehead, hmm?

I'm saying I don't give a flying fuck. I'd rather have everybody from CCP pull out of the channels than let the likes of ********* *** back in it. I'm saying I agree with CCP, and I'm openly confirming that there are strong grudges and hatreds at work here.

I have been encouraging people to go find somewhere else to play if they don't like the Summit since I first caught on to this community. It's what I would do. It's what I have done. I'm glad that CCP is providing it.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #47 on: 12 Sep 2013, 14:11 »

example of psychopathic derp

Katrina is giving a great example of the sort of mentality we were referring to.

This is the person that is asking for these changes, let's not kid ourselves as to their motives being pure, or good hearted, or for the betterment of the community.

Anslol

« Reply #48 on: 12 Sep 2013, 14:21 »

OK let's be real...one person bitching didn't cause this. Our own drama aside, just one person constantly stomping their feet didn't make CCP pull out like this.

Not saying it's anyone else's fault specifically. Just pointing out that one person does not move mountains.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #49 on: 12 Sep 2013, 14:22 »

OK let's be real...one person bitching didn't cause this. Our own drama aside, just one person constantly stomping their feet didn't make CCP pull out like this.

Not saying it's anyone else's fault specifically. Just pointing out that one person does not move mountains.

You would be surprised. 

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #50 on: 12 Sep 2013, 14:22 »

You're just guessing.

We're not guessing.

I can't say more than that, so please don't ask.

Anslol

« Reply #51 on: 12 Sep 2013, 14:30 »

OK then.

Be that as it may, let CCP go do whatever. They've never really shat on world building and such that I've seen so far (then again I'm not seeing everything). We can just keep doing what we're doing and churn out amaziball content for evelopedia and other people's enjoyment. It's like what was said before, we're self sustaining. We can just keep doing that.

Yeah we have our drama and differences and blablabla and people can legitimately hate others but at the end of the day we're the same community. I know I'll get shit for saying this but here goes.

We don't need CCP to keep doing cool shit that gets lauded.

Zsaryna Adrelana

• Clonejack
« Reply #52 on: 12 Sep 2013, 14:32 »

We can just use the block function for this person possibly?

Anslol

« Reply #53 on: 12 Sep 2013, 14:33 »

They're banned Zsaryna. It's less that they're interacting with us and more that they attacked us in a different way since they got banned.

Zsaryna Adrelana

• Clonejack
« Reply #54 on: 12 Sep 2013, 14:37 »

They're banned Zsaryna. It's less that they're interacting with us and more that they attacked us in a different way since they got banned.

Ok, sorry.
What I meant was we could just block them on NEOCOM in Summit 2.0 when they start to mess about. But then again I don't want to step on anyone's toes here so if I'm talking out of line I apologise.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #55 on: 12 Sep 2013, 14:46 »

CCP Falcon > the second is called "Intergalatic Summit" - which is exactly that
Emphasis mine. Please tell me the channel name is spelled correctly?

And, uhm... I find it hard to judge the way the mod team on The Summit functions, but I don't think it's free from IC bias, or mods covering eachothers backs IC.
I once wrote a IC message to Graelyn concerning one of the mods breaking rules, and I never got a response, which kind of gives me the idea that it went straight to the trash bin.

I can't judge wether the complaints made to CCP were justified, but I've seen enough IC bias from the mod team to know it's there, and it wouldn't hurt if you would be a little more critical on yourselves and how you handle certain things.

Anyway, I'm interested to see what will happen to The Summit and Intergala(c)tic Summit channels.
-OOChé

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #56 on: 12 Sep 2013, 14:54 »

Not much hope there, Ché. From what I've seen, the mods in those channels are using this development as an excuse to be even less critical of their own decisions.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #57 on: 12 Sep 2013, 14:57 »

If you want to bring something to our attention, the best thing to do is bring it to our attention.

The number of times I've seen people claim to have an issue after the fact, but never approach us to try and work it out is... frustrating.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #58 on: 12 Sep 2013, 15:00 »

Not much hope there, Ché. From what I've seen, the mods in those channels are using this development as an excuse to be even less critical of their own decisions.

I've come across only a handful of instances where people were removed from channels undeservedly, at which point moderator decisions were rescinded by Graelyn.

You do not know how much of a tight ship that channel is run as.  There is lots and lots of consultation for most tings, logs, etc. and the VAST vast majority of player derpery/banning situations are agreed upon by the channel mods.

While I'm sure the Summit will continue to be a well-ordered environment for 99% of role players, it looks like some of you will certainly get you wish for an alternative.

But be careful what you wish for.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #59 on: 12 Sep 2013, 15:03 »

Good to see you back to your usual tone, Ixiris! :P

I'm sure you've got some good points to make (no sarcasm) so out with it here if you become more comfortable with it
Here's a hint: observe which faction the preponderence of events visited by CCP actors belonged to. Then consider the reasons why this is so.

You going to back that up, or not ? Which faction are you implying favouritism for ?
\o/
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 21