Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Gallente Federation loyalist and [EL-G] CEO Seriphyn Inhonores is originally from Caldari Prime?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21

Author Topic: CCP Falcon: Live from OOC  (Read 39488 times)

Laurentis Thiesant

• Egger
Re: CCP Falcon: Live from OOC
« Reply #15 on: 12 Sep 2013, 11:44 »

CCP Falcon > I couldn't care less if people want to mess with this channel

Steffanie Saissore

• Knight Commander (in training)
  • Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #16 on: 12 Sep 2013, 11:52 »

That doesn't mean much to me really...is he saying he doesn't care if people mess with the new channel or the Summit?

If it is a case of not caring about people messing with the new CCP channel...that to me means further proof that I'll avoid it.

I would like to think that there is good intention behind the intent, but having seen some of the stuff that has gone on in a moderated channel, I don't have much hope for this project of theirs.
"And if the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.  All the hope and glory, all the sacrifice in vain.  And if love remains though everything is lost, we will pay the price, but we will not count the cost."

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #17 on: 12 Sep 2013, 12:02 »

This is functionally acting like local for them : they can say if you want to interact with us (CCP), use these channels to reach us directly. No more player moderation in Live Events, OOC, etc, banning people from the channels CCP is involved in.

It's essentially open door policy due to certain people being stonewalled from CCP interaction.

We (the Sansha) are familiar with this from the pre-Incursion live events, as we heavily moderated the Sansha actor channel for intelligence security. Similarly, the anti-Sansha heavily policed their channel from us interacting with the Empire actors, etc etc.

In that capacity the channel serves a purpose, but I wouldn't use it for anything else.
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Mister Screwball

• Wetgraver
    • http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/7203/eatingevidencez.gif
« Reply #18 on: 12 Sep 2013, 12:04 »

See that is a very bad thing  :lol:

Laurentis Thiesant

• Egger
« Reply #19 on: 12 Sep 2013, 12:09 »

See that is a very bad thing  :lol:

Falcon did note that they would remove trouble makers during Actor's events for the duration of said events, to be fair.

So for those events. Cool.
Anytime else, who knows...

Rin Kaelestria

• Egger
  • The fluffly Rinyan!
« Reply #20 on: 12 Sep 2013, 12:14 »

Seeing the state that the current CCP ran Faction channels are in, I'm not going to hold out a lot of hope for these new channels. Trolling City, is what they're going to become, and from the sounds of it, no one's going to give a care if people mess with the channels in this way (with the exception of during LEs). Oh well, I'll miss talking to those guys...  :ugh:

Though I am curious on just how many complained about the OOC/Summit moderation to CCP. :roll:

Anslol

« Reply #21 on: 12 Sep 2013, 12:23 »

Neat.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #22 on: 12 Sep 2013, 12:29 »

Though I am curious on just how many complained about the OOC/Summit moderation to CCP. :roll:

If you knew how deep the derp gets with some of these folks, you'd find it rather disheartening.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Zsaryna Adrelana

• Clonejack
« Reply #23 on: 12 Sep 2013, 12:32 »

It'll be a rather interesting development
I wish ccp every success with the Intergalactic Summit and Out Of Character channels. Whining about how this new channel is going to suck isn't going to help anyone, and it'll just make what you say happen.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #24 on: 12 Sep 2013, 12:47 »

Like Graelyn said, if you knew the extent to which a few person(s) made this their cause celebre to get their way, you might feel differently.

It's not the case of the majority of summiters complaining about horrendous treatment at the hands of the tyranical moderator team, which would mean a different set of things had happened and a different set of needs to be provided by ccp.

It's very loud and concerted effort from a very small number of people(s) to take their ball and go home sort of attitude

"if I can't participate then I will make it my mission to take something away from you that you like" 

While those people(s) might be right in principle for a ccp-provided channel of this nature, our little self-made RP channels and periodic actor appearances had overall been doing just fine for the last many many years.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #25 on: 12 Sep 2013, 12:57 »

I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Rin Kaelestria

• Egger
  • The fluffly Rinyan!
« Reply #26 on: 12 Sep 2013, 13:01 »

It'll be a rather interesting development
I wish ccp every success with the Intergalactic Summit and Out Of Character channels. Whining about how this new channel is going to suck isn't going to help anyone, and it'll just make what you say happen.

I could be wrong, but I don't think anyone was whining about this change? Expressing opinions on how it may end up, and 'good luck, they'll need it' words spoken, yes.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #27 on: 12 Sep 2013, 13:05 »

I am personally frustrated with the behind-the-scenes whinefest that lead to this;, rather than something organic provided by CCP or something provided by CCP due to overwhelming number of requests by large numbers of players.

The new channel isn't the issue, the 'actors never appearing in player channels' by actors is the frustrating part.

IE if these butthurt people can't participate due to their countless (and I mean countless) examples of them alienating 99% of the RP community and constantly shitting up everything around them, then NO ONE CAN.

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #28 on: 12 Sep 2013, 13:16 »

The new channel isn't the issue, the 'actors never appearing in player channels' by actors is the frustrating part.

IE if these butthurt people can't participate due to their countless (and I mean countless) examples of them alienating 99% of the RP community and constantly shitting up everything around them, then NO ONE CAN.

Fun fact: they were never supposed to appear in player-run channels to begin with. What you're seeing now isn't just a response to players complaining about biased moderation, it's CCP actually enforcing its own rules for live event actors properly.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #29 on: 12 Sep 2013, 13:21 »

Fun fact: they were never supposed to appear in player-run channels to begin with. What you're seeing now isn't just a response to players complaining about biased moderation, it's CCP actually enforcing its own rules for live event actors properly.

That's all super and dandy, it's just the butthurt motivations behind it by certain people that are pathetic is all.

I understand and accept completely the possible need for a ccp-run destination for live events, actors, etc.

I strongly disagree with the complaints of a few people removing these things from ever happening from other player run locations.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21