Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Samuel Rackham Premium Caldari Ale is made with aroma hops from the widely recognized agricultural facilities of Haatomo III? For more, see here.

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]

Author Topic: CCP Falcon: Live from OOC  (Read 39447 times)

Lyn Farel

Re: CCP Falcon: Live from OOC
« Reply #300 on: 04 Oct 2013, 09:13 »

You just happened to ninja post just before I hit the submit button. >.>

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #301 on: 04 Oct 2013, 09:22 »

Well if that's the case, I wouldn't mind a little further explanation as to whether you were agreeing with me or disagreeing, since you clearly took the line from me, Lyn. :P

I don't think there's favoritism between the factions, but I also disagree with the sentiment that a faction/bloc not having any live event arcs means it's unfair to everyone else (who had multiple event arcs) for actors to appear at player-hosted events for that under-evented faction.

Guess if I agreed with the sentiment one could make the claim for favoritism, but since I don't... vOv
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #302 on: 04 Oct 2013, 09:32 »

Holishit this exploded overnight.

Confirming that I was referring to previous Federation days, which were still player organized and did in fact get a Fed actor. I didn't know an SoE actor was specifically requested for this year's event, but that does make some more sense about why they would appear rather than another Fed actor.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #303 on: 04 Oct 2013, 09:42 »

I got the impression that CCP Falcon, who I am guessing is the one that people are insinuating is the "crooked Amarrian-favouring dev", had a whole lot more time to be doing stuff with events because of:
Having a role at CCP that allowed interaction with players without (too much) interruption
Having a physical constitution that allowed apparent 20 hour days D: like, I log on at different times, having gone to sleep in the meantime, and Falcon's still there when I come back D: D: D:

while CCP Eterne and any other dudes, seemingly had roles that required them to be elsewhere a lot of the time, or like, they liked to sleep once in a while.
\o/

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #304 on: 04 Oct 2013, 09:45 »

... No, you have that backwards. Eterne is the one usually responsible for Amarr stuff.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #305 on: 04 Oct 2013, 10:03 »

Then clearly I have no god damn clue about anything.
\o/

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #306 on: 04 Oct 2013, 10:32 »

This tread makes me

Andreus Ixiris

• Omelette
« Reply #307 on: 04 Oct 2013, 11:54 »

First off, Esna's not misinformed. He was referring to a previous Federation Day, just like others have several times before him in this thread.
The current live events team weren't even active the previous Federation Day, which means it has precisely zero relevance to this conversation.

Second: The reason there was an SOE actor at the Federation Day event is because the person who organized the event explicitly asked for an SOE actor.
That's not what they told me.

Furthermore, the Live Events team has more people on it than are able to participate with proper speaking roles. If someone who is responsible for one or more actors is not available at the time of the event you're planning, that's your problem, not theirs. The person responsible for the Fed actors likely wasn't available that day due to having a real life outside of the office, and the person(s) responsible for the Amarr and SOE ones were.
Incorrect.

As stated before, if only one of the people who is authorized to 'play' the part of an actor in answering mails or showing up to events - CCP-hosted or not - is available, then the onus is on your end to try and find a time that works for the actor(s) you want to appear, not to throw a fit when the people who are available show up to events scheduled when they're available just because they're not your event.
Again you fail to understand that this is only about "who turned up at my event" (which you're misrepresenting anyway since Federation Day wasn't arranged by me) in as much as an example of why the "live event actors don't turn up at player-run events because it could make CCP appear biased" was a good idea.

AURORA's problem was not favoritism toward a specific faction based on story arcs or events. It was people inside it cheating and giving information about the events to other parties that allowed them to be 'pushed' to those volunteers' player-characters' benefit.
... and those parties were almost always Amarrians. Next time you back up one of my points, please do so in a less round-about manner.

Furthermore, your apparent position that live events and player events are (or should be) wholly separate from one another is not a good precedent to set in a world where we're supposed to be able to cause ripples, not just react to ones caused by CCP.
a. That's alright, the current state of the roleplay community honestly makes me pretty happy that our influence on the prime fiction is limited.
b. The game can't be endlessly reactive to our actions. There's simply not enough devs or mechanical flexibility.

The Amarrians have had absolutely NO live events since last year, and that's questionable at best considering that the only event I can think of actually involved Blood Raiders faffing about in highsec and then moving on to Oyonata where they got smashed in (there was a minor thing for people collecting Navy tags for the Blood Raider actors as well, but no actual 'event' behind it afaik). On the other hand, the Caldari have had this huge arc with the destabilization of Heth's Provist regime and its fall to the CEP, they also shared the Caldari Prime arc with the Gallente, who shared the Midular/Colelie arc with the Minmatar, who finally had the Tribal Council (or whatever it is) set back up after 5 years. Even several of the pirate factions have had small arcs as part of the Dust 514 connection.

So the Amarrians have had basically no attention from the Events team since it got put back together again, and somehow it's not cool for them to have a couple actors show up for about half an hour at an event put on by one of the oldest corporations in the game for their 10th anniversary, which, by the way, they left so that the person (or persons) playing them could go show up to the Federation Day event that was scheduled at the same time?
Everything you're saying here amounts to "it's alright for CCP to break their own internal rules if it's for the benefit of X organisation because I don't personally feel they're getting enough love," which is an excellent example of the reason CCP put this rule into practice in the first place and a brilliant argument as to why the answer to your question is a definitive "no."

I'm not even really a member of the Amarrian RP subcommunity and I think that's a crock of shit.
Well that's is, as ever, your right.

Oh, it's Andreus's well-known dislike of amarr players again, seeing pro-amarrian things everywhere.

vOv
There are actually a lot of Amarrian roleplayers I intensely enjoy the company of, several of whom were at the EVE meet last Saturday, and what's even better is that a lot of them share my opinions about the current crop of Amarrian roleplayers. It may come as a surprise, but just because I don't happen to be friends with you, it doesn't mean I dislike all Amarrians.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #308 on: 04 Oct 2013, 12:45 »

Well at least we're not speaking between the lines anymore and making veiled hints of accusation.

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
« Reply #309 on: 04 Oct 2013, 12:45 »

There are actually a lot of Amarrian roleplayers I intensely enjoy the company of, several of whom were at the EVE meet last Saturday, and what's even better is that a lot of them share my opinions about the current crop of Amarrian roleplayers. It may come as a surprise, but just because I don't happen to be friends with you, it doesn't mean I dislike all Amarrians.

"All my friends share my opinion that Amarr players suck", ok.

You never get tired of foaming at the mouth and saying Valerie or Synthia is "doing it wrong" in your opinion.

You are not very convincing.
The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #310 on: 04 Oct 2013, 13:07 »

[nevermind, redacted, reports inc]
« Last Edit: 04 Oct 2013, 13:09 by Lyn Farel »

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #311 on: 04 Oct 2013, 13:12 »

Sooooo.  OOC Rage.  Noted!

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #312 on: 04 Oct 2013, 13:12 »

For the record, I would like to point out that Pyre Falcon had the attention of a Dev Actor for about as long as PIE did, during our lawsuit.

I certainly feel like we were singled out for special attention, which I loved, but then I feel like Pyre tries to do its bit for the RP community every day with lots of cross-faction interaction in the IGS and also being around in the Summit. Also attendance at Live Events - where we were there for every significant event in the fall of Heth.

Does anyone grudge us thirty minutes alone in a chat-channel with a Kaalakiota lawyer, getting seriously carpeted over public statements? Why then would you begrudge the longest serving RP alliance in the game and guests thirty minutes in  a chat-channel with a MinOrd bishop?

I don't feel that ANY of us are OWED the private time of developers, personally. I think it's awesome when they manage to free up enough time in their schedule to come play with us - but this is the first MMO I've played where the RP community hasn't been left to their own devices completely.

Arista Shahni

• Pod Captain
« Reply #313 on: 04 Oct 2013, 13:18 »

I know I don't grudge anyone any time with dev actors,because they are not integral to my roleplay - never have been, never will be.  My attitude about certain things should make  it painfully clear that I would not rate the RP attention of a staff member any higher than anyone else.  Unless it is involves official mechanics of gameplay and stability of my account status, they're 'playing' just as we are. 

They are people and not gods, so I won't flop on the ground and feel particularly 'blessed' of one shows up to talk to me IC,  nor 'shunned' if they don't.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #314 on: 04 Oct 2013, 13:59 »

[mod]Thread removal for the following reasons : Extreme derailment, flame war territory, unnecessary drama mongering[/mod]

Although shaky grounds when it first started, this thread did amiably for the first 7 or so pages. However it derailed rather quickly from that point. Barbed commentary, violent images, and inflammatory gestures soon followed. Specific warnings will be issued privately, but as a general notice for all participants :

You are invited to review the rules, with the understanding that this is not high school. We are not here to make allusions to vague ideas, insinuate motives other than what is presented, or dig up history as a weapon for cheap shots. The conversation is intended, and will be held to, a standard of decency so that all parties may involve themselves based on the discussion's merits - and not anything else.

If the community is still interested in the merits of contemplating CCP's Live Event Team policies and management, please make a new thread on it.
« Last Edit: 04 Oct 2013, 16:43 by Ghost Hunter »
Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]