Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that ectoplasm (pod goo) is illegal in all empire space except the Minmatar Republic?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: The Alignment System Game!  (Read 30257 times)

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
Re: The Alignment System Game!
« Reply #60 on: 20 Jun 2013, 15:34 »

I'm not supposed to be here, but couldn't resist this -

Mitty - LG  (How *I* see Mit = LN with G or E tendencies depending on who/what the subjects are)
Aldy - LG(chaotic leanings)
Merd - LG
Samira - LN(G)
Silas - LE
Karm - NE
Nicoletta - LG
Vince - CE with more EEEEEE :)
Victoria - TN
Seriphyn - LG
Lyn - CN
Katrina - LN
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #61 on: 20 Jun 2013, 15:36 »

This thread is encouraging me to interact with characters more, if I knew the appropriate venues/channels to do so!

Gwen Ikiryo

• Omelette
« Reply #62 on: 20 Jun 2013, 18:25 »

Man, this is not one of those threads you wanna come in on late.

You might be surprised by how judgemental Gwen is when you get down to brass tacks. From the top... (characters who I've/Gwen has interacted with a decent bit only)

Anslo: Chaotic neutral. Seems to like beating people up and confrontation way too much for Gwens taste. Often shows himself to be fairly irresponsible and uncaring of the problems of others, even when they directly concern him. Has crazy wild mood swings.

Makkal: Probably true neutral? Gwen struggles to make heads or tails of her, since she seems to vary from extremely formal to extremely informal and also from knowledgeable to naive on different matters. She'd be unwilling to call her "good" because she simply dislikes the Kingdom in general and people from it.

Pieter: Lawful good approaching lawful neutral. She thinks of him as a mostly well-intentioned, kind person (If not the sort she generally hangs out with) but one who can occaisonally be surprisingly cold or ruthless in certain circumstances.

Silas: Neutral evil. Too petty and impulsive to be lawful, too into old tradition and core Amarrian ideas to be utterly chaotic. Why she thinks she's evil is probably obvious.

Steffaine: Hard for her to say yet. Probably Chaotic good, since she thinks of the whole knighthood idea as a bit quirky and childish, but ultimately well-intentioned.

Merdaneth: Lawful neutral, based on her couple of experiences with him.

Katrina: Chaotic neutral. Somewhat childish in public places. Often unkind and impolite, which is pretty much all it takes in Gwens mind to not be considered "good", more often then not.

Saede: Chaotic good/sometimes neutral. She generally seems a good sort, even though she has some very strange ideas about how to change the world, but the occasional out of the blue violent or apparantly selfish act she hears about bothers her.

Aria: She thinks of her as lawful good (despite her outward insistance that this is not the case), but is aware of her own bias enough to suspect she might actually be true neutral, considering the sort of unpredictable and somewhat deceitful nature of her.

Aldrith: Lawful good, even though he's a little terrifying.

Silver Night: Neutral good. Not much experience, but seems like a nice sort, and she's heard plenty of good things. And he actually ran a party which wasn't completely horrid!

Seriphyn: Neutral good, also. She thinks of him as a bit of a well-intentioned goof, attributing what other people see has him being petty or controlling more to a lack of self-awareness.

Diana Kim: Lawful evil. Though she makes Gwen more sad then angry, more often then not.

Samira: Lawful neutral. She does what she's told, by all impressions, and does it without arrogance or pride. Probably would have been lawful good until pretty recently.

As for Gwen herself, I'd probably say True Neutral, really. While she's a kind, empatheticand polite person and dislikes the idea of violence and any sort of cruelty, she is, at her core, pretty self-interested (if in a weird sort of way), as she will admit to others willingly. She's not the sort who would sacrifice any of her own well-being for anything short of an extremely close friend, and doesn't feel that making the world a "better place" in any respect, since it's not really her business.

« Last Edit: 20 Jun 2013, 18:28 by Gwen Ikiryo »

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #63 on: 20 Jun 2013, 18:37 »

Katrina: Chaotic neutral. Somewhat childish in public places. Often unkind and impolite, which is pretty much all it takes in Gwens mind to not be considered "good", more often then not.

Gwen Ikiryo - Neutral Good; Naive, emotional, and healthily judgmental in her views of the world. Seems too public with her emotions, often speaking about how sad she is. Reminds Katrina of herself before becoming embittered. Otherwise her heart is in the right place, but Katrina figures she'll eventually realize how horrible the cluster really is.

Gwen Ikiryo

• Omelette
« Reply #64 on: 20 Jun 2013, 18:48 »

Actually, thinking over it again, I'd probably change Katrina's entry to True Neutral, since she seems to often go back and fourth from being very formal in some contexts to extremely silly in others. It's obviously a surface-level judgement, in either case.

Makoto Priano

« Reply #65 on: 20 Jun 2013, 18:55 »

Wait, wait.

Can I-- can I do just the one above me?

S'easy.

Katrina Oniseki me strikes me as either Lawful Neutral or Lawful Good, depending on your take on Caldari Liberal philosophy. She's certainly not neutral, given her being compelled to support Heth despite moral reservations -- though I suppose that pushes her more toward Lawful Neutral than Lawful Good.

Aaaaand, er, I think I'll expand to others once I've had a chance to read through the thread. :x

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #66 on: 20 Jun 2013, 19:46 »

As for Makkal herself, I'd say that she's amniotic (true neutral) in her stage of moral development. Previous to becoming a capsuleer, she was almost wholly under the control of her family and her only real decision was to be obedient so as to not be punished. The change in her circumstances - suddenly having huge amounts of power and freedom- has left her drunk and confused.

She's attempting to become lawful good but finds it a struggle and sometimes fails miserably because her feelings override her sense of right and wrong. Thankfully, she's found someone trustworthy to follow.
« Last Edit: 20 Jun 2013, 20:06 by Makkal »
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Natalcya Katla

• Captain farkin' Cardboard
  • Omelette
« Reply #67 on: 20 Jun 2013, 20:21 »

I would say Natalcya is Lawful Evil. Definitely Lawful, to the point of insisting that reality in some respects is defined by human law (she'll argue that she is human because the law says so, for example). Evil because, even though she's not without compassion, she won't think twice about working the law to further her own ends, and because she holds some pretty twisted attitudes and has done more than her share of shitty stuff for utterly petty reasons, over the years.

I see Ruby as Neutral Good. She wants everybody to be happy. Everybody. Forever.

Other characters, filtered partly through Katla's eyes, partly through OOC impressions:

Anslo: Chaotic Neutral. Moody, unpredictable, apparently prone to violence at the drop of a hat, no clear loyalties to anybody except for his personal friends, but doesn't come off as malicious.

Makkal: True Neutral. Comes off as a highly talented social chameleon, seemingly able to find common ground with most people she seems curious about, the number of which seems high. Though she is a Khanid noble, she seems perfectly at ease in a number of very different social situations and company.

Pieter: Lawful Good with tendencies toward Neutral Good. Apparently attacked authority representatives at one point when he was ordered to fire on civilians?

Silas: Lawful Evil. Although she can seem impulsive and capricious at times, it is probably not out of disdain for law as a concept, but rather from a belief that the law begins with her.

Steffaine: Neutral Good. Her altruistic bent seems clear enough. Adhering to a knightly codex would be lawful in itself, but this is counteracted by the seeming fact of her conjuring it out of thin air.

Merdaneth: Lawful Neutral, fairly typical Amarrian loyalist as far as Katla is aware.

Katrina: Lawful Neutral. Seems too petty (and sometimes verbally abusive) to be good. Although her often informal and flippant attitude might suggest a chaotic influence, her loyalty and dedication to her faction, alliance and corp seems thoroughly genuine.

Saede: True Neutral. Comes off as a scientist first and foremost, passionate about her field of study, fond of professional debate, but perhaps a bit socially detached, and not overly concerned with laws or for that matter ethics. Very utilitarian in outlook.

Aria: True Neutral. Another very rational-minded character. Philosopher who cares about societal ethics to the point of obsession, and yet seems highly detached from them in her own personal life. Analytical and insightful, and perhaps so preoccupied with self-analysis that she forgets to simply be herself. Aria is probably the kind of person who'd be liable to connect the vision centers of her brain to a camera drone following her, and live her life in third person.

Aldrith: Lawful Evil, judging only by hearsay and limited personal interaction. Comes across as a fire-and-brimstone avenger kind of person, with a reputation for killing people (and himself) up close in nasty ways, and display their body parts as trophies.

Silver Night: Lawful Good. A true altruist with dreams of a society where everyone can live together in peace. Withdrew from the Nation camp because of regrettable but understandable conscientuous objections.

Seriphyn: Lawful Good. Can come off as vain, but seems to be genuinely interested in making his sandbox nation a peaceful, orderly and prosperous place.

Diana Kim: Lawful Evil. Racist, aggressive and completely loyal to her master.

Samira: Lawful Neutral. Obedient and meek toward her superiors, and judgmental of those she'd naturally perceive as standing outside of the hierarchy she belongs to.

Gwen: Lawful Good. Generally good-natured, and highly self-conscious about her own behavior in regard to the expectations of everybody around her, and those of her native culture.
Ava Starfire > There is evil.
Ava Starfire > Outright evil.
Ruby Amatucci > Hello!

Sepherim

• Omelette
  • Too fucking serious for himself... or not
    • The Chronicles of Sepherim Catillah
« Reply #68 on: 20 Jun 2013, 20:33 »

Alignment:
Lawful Good ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (31)
Neutral Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (22)
Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (15)
Lawful Neutral -- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (35)
True Neutral ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (26)
Chaotic Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (19)
Lawful Evil ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (19)
Neutral Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Chaotic Evil ---- XXX (3)

Law & Chaos:
Law ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (19)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXXX (10)
Chaos --- XXX (3)

Good & Evil:
Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXX (12)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (16)
Evil ---- (0)

So, supposedly Seph is Lawful Neutral. I'd consider him lawful evil, of course (I mean, favour the Reclaiming and slaving?!) and he'd think of himself as lawful good. As for the rest, commenting only on those I have a personal opinion of:

Anslol: neutral good, he really seems to have good intentions.

Karmella Strife: chaotic evil, I mean, she tried to ruin our parade and speech! Evil for sure!

Makkal: same as Anslol, neutral good.

Pieter: lawful neutral or evil, mostly because caldari ideals are about promotion, economic gain and self-interest in the end.

Merdanth: same as Seph.

Silas: Neutral Evil. She already left the lawful side once, and I believe that, if pressured enough, she would turn on the Sabik ideals for her own benefit and good.

Katrina: lawful neutral?

Synthia: bots can't have ideas and values! xD But would fall on the Lawful evil side, I think.

Samira: NN, she goes with the flow of orders and commands, not on her own will. In fact, she should actually have no alignment.

Diana Kim: lawful evil like Seph.

Aldrith: NE. No one who was in the Ordo can really be lawful, and all amarrians are evil, so...

Seriphyn: CG?

Nicoletta: same as Seph and Merdaneth.

Lunarisse: NG?

Mitara: same as Seph, Merdaneth and Nico.

Gwen Ikiryo

• Omelette
« Reply #69 on: 20 Jun 2013, 20:46 »

Natalcya Katla: Lawful Neutral. Gwen thinks she's an ultimately well-intentioned person (Man, if there's one thing I've learned today, it's that I really like the phrase "well-intentioned" for some reason) who is capable of a great deal of compassion, but has a somewhat scary - bordering on inhuman - regard for the law and the social contract, even though she's come to understand why that is. Oddly, she feels more pity for the fact that she's aligned with Nation then any sort of contempt for it, despite her obvious deep-seated loyalty.

...You know, comparing my characters reasoning on these to those of others (Yours in paticular, Natalcya) it sort of speaks to the ultimately self-centered streak I was talking about, earlier. While other people make judgements based on more then just how they treat others - Like, someone who has shown paticular conviction to an ideology or an organization might be considered Lawful by that virtue regardless of their general behaviour - Gwen exclusively puts people in boxes based on how they treat her, personally.

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #70 on: 20 Jun 2013, 21:24 »

She thinks people who are nice to her are good and people who are mean or rude are evil or neutral?
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Gwen Ikiryo

• Omelette
« Reply #71 on: 20 Jun 2013, 21:31 »

Well, sort of. Maybe a bit more self-aware then that. She makes her judgements from a very personal pedestal, was what I meant.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #72 on: 20 Jun 2013, 21:32 »

This thread is making me realize I may be overplaying Katrina's frustrations with the greater community. People are geniunely questioning if she's a good person!

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #73 on: 20 Jun 2013, 22:11 »

Interesting to see LG applied to Amarrians at all, what with the whole slavery as part of religious beliefs thing.

As for Havo, D&D players will recall that your average beastie is N.  Worgs, sharks, etc.  The above average ones are typically NE, and that's how I see Havo.  Doesn't matter to him if there's order or chaos, he'll use whatever approach achieves what he wants to do at that moment.

And it's always bad.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #74 on: 20 Jun 2013, 22:35 »

Man, people's judgment's of Aldy's alignments are all over the place! :o

I've come to the conclusion that people view him like this:

Which is probably pretty accurate.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16