Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Defiants were a splinter group of the Minmatar fleet that waged guerrilla war against the Amarr?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16

Author Topic: The Alignment System Game!  (Read 30250 times)

Anslol

The Alignment System Game!
« on: 20 Jun 2013, 11:26 »

This is a thing I just came up with because WHY NOT?!

Go here: http://easydamus.com/alignment.html
Read through the alignments and see which applies to your main RP character, then share it here and why you think the character is thus aligned/what makes them aligned in such a way. No major explanation needed, just a quick one!

Once you do that, pick an alignment for the person above you and explain why you think they are what they are.

NOTE: This is for fun, not to snipe at people. Please don't use this thread as a means of passive aggressive whatever. Let's just keep it fun and enjoy!

I feel Anslo is True Neutral due to his lack of interest save for himself and those close to him. He's sort of given up the 'grr defend fredumbs' thing for the Federation and really doesn't care what other's do until it messes with him or his own people (being friends and family, capsuleer and baseliner). He'll also take pot shots and call out shit from anyone regardless of race. Though more often than not, he finds himself doing this to other Gallenteans cause...welp...:gallente:

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
Re: The Alignment System Game!
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jun 2013, 11:45 »

400 - Bad Request

Link would appear to be broken.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Anslol

« Reply #2 on: 20 Jun 2013, 11:46 »

When I click it, it works fine O_o...just Google alignment system.

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #3 on: 20 Jun 2013, 11:52 »

Link worked for me.

Putting aside the limitation of the D&D alignment system. I'd say Karm has shifted over the years from Lawful neutral (PIE and early KotMC years), to true neutral(late KotMC through Douma), finally to neutral evil (2nd time in PIE until present).

Edit: didn't read the rules. Anslo seems to me to be neutral good due to his general inclination to help people and get upset when other characters do bad things.
« Last Edit: 20 Jun 2013, 11:56 by Karmilla Strife »

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #4 on: 20 Jun 2013, 11:53 »

Question: Should I say how I view the character or how Makkal views the character?

After all, Makkal hasn't heard you talk about Anslol torturing people or being psychotic while I have.
-----------------

Anslol - Makkal considers Anslol chaotic good. Like most Gallente, he seems to have little regard for tradition or customs, and he doesn't seem to be part of any larger group. However, he's shown himself to be caring when he's not being bitchy.

Karm - Makkal sees Karmilla as being neutral. Your character drifts from place to place and does not appear to have any firm ideological mooring.
« Last Edit: 20 Jun 2013, 11:57 by Makkal »
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #5 on: 20 Jun 2013, 12:05 »

Pieter is lawful neutral, with a shard of lawful good. He genuinely thinks an orderly and well regulated life is the best thing for everyone concerned - starting well before conception with extensive genetic engineering. The concept of leaving things to chance reduces him to horrified wibbling.

The only thing that makes him lawful neutral instead of lawful good are the things he's willing to do - if ordered by a lawful authority.

Makkal - Is basically lawful in her outlooks, I think, but has a history of 'opting' out when it suits her - such as her marriage and her decision to go to I-Red instead of staying within the Empire. I really haven't RP'd opposite her enough to know any of her REALLY hidden secrets, so I'd assume she's basically Good - since she seems to have the best interests of people at heart, but I'm aware that she's pretty much a stranger to me.

Anslol

« Reply #6 on: 20 Jun 2013, 12:05 »

The alignment of both if they differ! For instance, both player and character Anslo see Makkal as Lawful Neutral from every time he's watched her do...well anything. She's simply a good soldier.

Pieter: Anslo (c) and (p) thinks Pieter is a Lawful Good more so than Lawful Neutral, since he follows orders, but finds ways around them without breaking rules if he finds those orders morally reprehensible. He has a good conscious.

Karm: Agree with the True Neutral label (p) wise, but (c) leans more to Neutral Evil, most because Anslo (c) see's Silas as rather manipulative and able to use others as a tool without them even knowing it. So, he's wary of her.
« Last Edit: 20 Jun 2013, 12:09 by Anslol »

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
« Reply #7 on: 20 Jun 2013, 12:17 »

Pieter - LN. Pieter fits well into the Caldari mold of a dutiful soldier. She assumes he's good natured but will get his hands dirty of that's part of the job. Rumors about Pyre and his odd behavior of late means she's keeping an eye on him though, and so her opinion is fluid at the moment. 

...staying within the Empire...

Ahh.
« Last Edit: 20 Jun 2013, 12:20 by Makkal »

Current Events

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #8 on: 20 Jun 2013, 12:19 »

Kala is a Lawful Good character, but only in relation to her family/tribe and very close friends. As far as she's concerned everyone else can go fuck themselves :P As a Minmatar, tradition and ritual are quite important to her, as are following the laws or her family and tribe. She is far less interested in the laws enforced by the Republic as she sees it as corrupt and crippled by infighting and indecision between the tribes.

Makkal and Pieter I'm afraid I have never interacted with, so I cannot give any real assessment. What they've written seems to fit with my knowledge of them from chat logs however :)

Edit: I got the link working >_> No idea what broke it, but it was temporary.

Steffanie Saissore

• Knight Commander (in training)
  • Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #9 on: 20 Jun 2013, 12:26 »

I see Steffanie as being lawful good: adherence to the law while espousing altruism and protecting the innocent from tyranny.

Pieter...from the little I have seen of him in EVE, his comments on the forums, and other people's comments, I would say lawful neutral.  Adherence to the law in all things and the willingness to enforce said law regardless of the action necessary.

Anslo, I would say is chaotic good...despite the 'giving no fucks' attitude, I think that's just a facade and behind it is a good guy.

Makkal...I'm not really sure where I would put her.  I could see her being lawful neutral or neutral good.

Karmilla...don't know well enough, but lawful neutral might be appropriate from what I have seen.
"And if the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.  All the hope and glory, all the sacrifice in vain.  And if love remains though everything is lost, we will pay the price, but we will not count the cost."

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain
« Reply #10 on: 20 Jun 2013, 12:28 »

The old D&D alignment systems don't tend to work too well in shades-of-gray (or rather realistic) worlds. In fact, I've banned alignment from all my campaigns, since once you put an alignment system on most characters, people start behaving like they're chained by it.

Merdaneth is obviously Lawful Good for example:

A lawful good character acts as a good person is expected or required to act. He combines a commitment to oppose evil with the discipline to fight relentlessly. He tells the truth, keeps his word, helps those in need, and speaks out against injustice. A lawful good character hates to see the guilty go unpunished.

That is 100% applicable to him.

He tries to follow what the Amarr traditions and society says a moral person is excepted or required to do. He opposes evil and fights relentlessly. He never lies, is friendly to those in need, and speaks out against injustices. And he certainly wants to see all guilty people punished. Just what is just and unjust, and good and evil to him is different from many others.

From his viewpoint most of the Matari terrorists he fights are Chaotic Evil:

A chaotic evil character does whatever his greed, hatred, and lust for destruction drive him to do. He is hot-tempered, vicious, arbitrarily violent, and unpredictable. If he is simply out for whatever he can get, he is ruthless and brutal. If he is committed to the spread of evil and chaos, he is even worse. Thankfully, his plans are haphazard, and any groups he joins or forms are poorly organized. Typically, chaotic evil people can be made to work together only by force, and their leader lasts only as long as he can thwart attempts to topple or assassinate him.

In his opinion they attack the Amarr out of lust for destruction. They are quick to anger, ready to kill innocents for their cause, lie if it suits their 'greater purpose' and trying to destabilize Amarr society is the very epitome of trying to spread evil and chaos. Fortunately, the Tribals are haphazard, poorly (non-centrally) organized and their hatred easily turns inward when not opposed by a strong target. Portioning out parts of Providence to belligerent allies with the purpose of turning it into some kind of a 'Fight Club', centered on murder, brutality and destruction is *the* proof that Ushra'Khan are a Chaotic Evil organization for example.

Star Fraction as an organization tended to be neutral evil although Jade. Use rules and principles only if it works to your advantage:

A neutral evil villain does whatever she can get away with. She is out for herself, pure and simple. She sheds no tears for those she kills, whether for profit, sport, or convenience

That was the typical Freecaptain for you from Merdaneth's point of view.

Gallente society: Chaotic Neutral.

And so on and on.

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
« Reply #11 on: 20 Jun 2013, 12:30 »

Kala - Who is Kala?

Steffanie - Unknown. More evidence needed. Suspected chaotic neutral.

Merdaneth - Another 'unknown.' Lawful as he's one of the Imperial crusaders.
« Last Edit: 20 Jun 2013, 12:37 by Makkal »

Current Events

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #12 on: 20 Jun 2013, 12:31 »

Kala = Kalalalalalalalalalalala

Anslol

« Reply #13 on: 20 Jun 2013, 12:31 »

While applying this to a new character may be a hindrance, I started this thread just to see what others consider other people to be. We all have preconceived behaviors for our characters, even if we didn't have the Alignment System in mind. That's not to say people don't change but, still. It's interesting to see what people think of other characters given their actions. I'm kinda surprised to see lawful good popping up for Anslo tbh, I expected lawful evil or neutral. Makes me feel all warm inside.  :D

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
« Reply #14 on: 20 Jun 2013, 12:34 »

Kala - Who is Kala?

This is going in my bio when I resubscribe >_>

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16