Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That naturalist cafes on space stations go to great lengths to create the illusion that one is not in space? (The Burning Life, p. 62)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: The Alignment System Game!  (Read 30210 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Re: The Alignment System Game!
« Reply #30 on: 20 Jun 2013, 13:29 »

Just a quick 'don't take this alignment stuff too seriously' people.  This is level 1 painting with broad brushes, we know people are more nuanced and complicated.

Its for fun :P

Lyn Farel

« Reply #31 on: 20 Jun 2013, 13:34 »

That's amusing, it's true that Lyn could be considered Chaotic Neutral in the way she seems to create chaos where she evolves, which probably compensates for her Lawful political side.

Lyn always considered Aria Chaotic Neutral herself. Very well thought and detached in her neutrality and insight, something Lyn obviously likes, but extremely destructive and corrosive first to herself, then in her grim view of the universe.

Anslol

« Reply #32 on: 20 Jun 2013, 13:35 »

Just a quick 'don't take this alignment stuff too seriously' people.  This is level 1 painting with broad brushes, we know people are more nuanced and complicated.

Its for fun :P

All of my this. Please don't think so hard about it guys. This isn't permanently defining who is what alignment or anything. It's just for fun. Like I said, I like seeing opinions about Anslo. I crave feedback and I thought others might like to see feedback as well. So just treat it like that, not a debate into the systems accuracy. ><

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #33 on: 20 Jun 2013, 13:36 »

[mod]Please keep it on topic. Discussion of how bad/how relatively applicable the D&D alignment system is are off topic and will be modded. [/mod]

Steffanie Saissore

• Knight Commander (in training)
  • Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #34 on: 20 Jun 2013, 13:37 »

Just trying to think of how Steff views some of the other characters that are being mentioned...with the exception of Silas and Diana Kim...she see's most of the others as being neutral with hopefully good tendencies.

Silas falls into Lawful Evil...and just scary...stay away from her

Kim...Lawful to Neutral Evil...adherence to the law, yet that became more an adherence to a philosophy/ideology that seemed more self-motivated.
"And if the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.  All the hope and glory, all the sacrifice in vain.  And if love remains though everything is lost, we will pay the price, but we will not count the cost."

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #35 on: 20 Jun 2013, 13:41 »

Aldrith - Chaotic evil. Scares her more than any other character she's interacted with.

LOL do elaborate!

Repentence Tyrathlion

• Omelette
  • RIP?
« Reply #36 on: 20 Jun 2013, 13:44 »

So, funny story.

This isn't the first time this kind of thread has gone around.  Last time I did the test, Reppy came out as Neutral Good (which I didn't much agree with).  This time, she came out as Neutral Evil.  Ahh, how they grow up.

Realistically speaking, Reppy's difficult, as she has a lot of contradictory elements.  Fundamentally, though, she's Chaotic Neutral with a slice of Chaotic Evil when she's feeling vicious.  She's selfish, aggressive and doesn't really give a damn about anyone else's rules - but she does have Standards, and reserves her most spiteful moments for those she thinks deserve it.  She's also utterly loyal to those she has attached to - although it's worth noting that said attachments are by no means permanent.

Skipping the ones I'm not so familiar with (all from Reppy's perspective)...

Anslo: Chaotic Good.  She only only knows him through IGS as what she rather dismissively refers to as a 'bleeding heart liberal', but he stands up for what's right (or at least, thinks he does) and she does agree with him sometimes.
Karm: Neutral Evil sounds about right.  Again, limited to IGS viewing of late, but she's seemed to lack either the ambition or manic tendencies of the other Evil alignments.
Kala: Chaotic Good.  She means well, but I would by no means consider her to be 'stable'.
Steffie: Still trying to work you out.  The Squeaker is curious.
Makkal: Lawful Neutral.  They've already butted heads over this basic opposition of world views.
Silas: Lawful Evil.  Ambitious, malevolent and moustache twirling to the core.
Kat: Lawful derpy - I MEAN NEUTRAL.
DK: Time for an outlier vote: Lawful Neutral.  Evil would imply that she's doing it for personal gain or personal enjoyment, when that's very clearly not the case.  Kim's vendetta is about unbending loyalty to her faction for good or ill.
Aldy: In flux.  She'd need to interact with him more, and she's not sure she wants to.

Interesting point about Lawful Good being a damn scary villain.  The quote I always remember from a PnP group on the subject was 'Lawful Good doesn't mean Lawful Nice'.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #37 on: 20 Jun 2013, 13:47 »

Makkal Hanaya - Lawful Good; The girl has got her head in the clouds, and seems completely oblivious to the realities of New Eden. Katrina hopes she can be let down gently, but fully expects Makkal to think the worst when Kat's backroom dealings eventually come to light (when Makkal raises in rank).

Synthetic "Synthia" Cultist - Chaotic Neutral; She's a blooder, but she's a nice blooder. She's also not human and totally unpredictable. She's cute, but be careful.

Saede Riordan - Chaotic Evil; Clearly subscribing to Nation philosophy with anarchist tendencies, she's demonstrated a complete disregard for basic human rights. Drank too deeply of her own kool-aid, doesn't realize how bad she's gotten... and worse yet, she seems to make sweeping policy changes at random. Dangerously unpredictable.

Lyn Farel - Lawful Good; Seems to be one of the few genuine CONCORD supporters out there and unapologetic about it. Would be a great ally to have.

Diana Kim - Lawful Neutral; Standard Loyalist. Very Similar to Katrina... except Provist. Has no issue killing those who get in the way of those she's loyal to, but otherwise is more than willing to cry foul of crime and treason if her enemies attack the State.

Samira Kernher - Lawful Unknown; Assumed Standard Loyalist. Clearly subscribes to PIE doctrine without visible hesitation. Unknown sense of morality.

Aldrith Shutaq - Lawful Neutral; Standard Loyalist. Subscribes to a set of rules laid down by PIE and the Empire, is willing to get the job done no matter the human cost 'For God and Empire', but is not intentionally malicious.

Silas Vitalia - Lawful Evil; Dangerous, cunning, manipulative. Quite possibly one of the worst people to have paying attention to you. Even worse when Silas likes you. Seems to like Katrina, seems to want Katrina's loyalty. Must tread carefully, as Cold Wind hath no fury like a woman scorned!

Steffanie Saissore- Unknown Good; Total sweetheart, but seems oddly quiet on what side of the law she's going to be on. Must keep a close eye on this one.

Anslo - Chaotic Good; Bright and hopeful boy, but seems hyperactive and prone to fits of emotion when the realities of New Eden (meaning bad things done by bad people) confront him. Generally unpredictable, but in a good way.

Veikitamo Gesakaarin - Neutral Evil; Clearly has no sense of morality, but is extremely loyal to her shareholder's bottom line. Will follow the letter of the law only so far as it allows her to get the job done, but otherwise ignores the rest of it. Dangerous.

« Last Edit: 20 Jun 2013, 13:51 by Katrina Oniseki »

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #38 on: 20 Jun 2013, 13:48 »

I have this in my bio.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #39 on: 20 Jun 2013, 13:55 »

Aldrith: "Agreed?" As in, you agree that Aria's Neutral Good?

... Hm.

Aria would probably categorize Aldrith as still LG-- he's too dedicated to a highly orderly cause for her to move him out of the Lawful column.

Steffanie: if she's serious about establishing a knighthood, a very eccentric Lawful Good. Otherwise, Chaotic Neutral.

Silver Night: a tragic Neutral Good.

Anslo: probably Chaotic Good. Good intentions crossed with a strong iconoclastic streak and a firm insistence on seeing things his own way.

Silas Vitalia: obvious Lawful Evil-- though the "Lawful" bit may be something of a front. Aria regards Sani practice in general as having no respect for anything but power, so "order" is probably just another tool to be used and abused.

Makkal: apparent Lawful Neutral, though her expressed sympathy for certain Sani kind of has Aria raising an eyebrow.

Samira: what little Aria's seen comes across as heavily-indoctrinated Amarrian Lawful Good.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #40 on: 20 Jun 2013, 14:02 »

Lyn Farel - Lawful Good; Seems to be one of the few genuine CONCORD supporters out there and unapologetic about it. Would be a great ally to have.

Well enjoy it while it still last because her beliefs in CONCORD have been so shaken recently that she might... change her mind. Especially since she is not emotional on that kind of things.

Damn CONCORD incompetents.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #41 on: 20 Jun 2013, 14:06 »

Using Good and Evil as synonymous to Selfless and Selfish respectively...(also, isn't True Neutral the same as Lawful Neutral?)

Synthia - Lawful Neutral. Motivated by logic rather than any system of morality.

Anslo - Going with the pack with Chaotic Good here.

Silas Vitalia - Yeah, Lawful Evil as well.

Kat - Lawful Neutral

Diana Kim - EVIL CHAOTIC GOOD LAWFUL

Lyn - Neutral Neutral

Saede - Chaotic Neutral or Chaotic Good

Don't know the other characters well enough to comment on them :E

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #42 on: 20 Jun 2013, 14:10 »

Repentance - Chaotic Good. Fights Nation and managed to gain Morwen's love, so she's likely good. Apparently rebelled against her family while young, was a criminal at some point, and continues to be unmarried so highly unlawful.

Aldrith - Chaotic evil. Scares her more than any other character she's interacted with.
LOL do elaborate!

I'd rather not do so here, but I'll reiterate that Makkal's views on a character aren't mine. They are a product of her viewpoint, experiences, and what others have discussed with her.
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #43 on: 20 Jun 2013, 14:15 »

Nicoletta Mithra - Lawful good, with tendencies to neutral on the law-order axis.

Aldrith Shutaq - LG, with tendencies to neutral on the good-evil axis[

Makkal Hanaya - LN

Synthetic "Synthia" Cultist - Not applicable. Follows a NE codex, though.

Saede Riordan - Typical example of LN being dangerous.

Lyn Farel - CG

Repentence - N or CN?

Diana Kim - LE

Samira Kernher - NE when kept in check in a lawful organization.

Silas Vitalia - NE

Steffanie Saissore- CN?

Anslo - CN?

Veikitamo Gesakaarin - LE

Aria Jenneth - N

Silver Night - N

Seriphyn Inhonores - CG

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #44 on: 20 Jun 2013, 14:17 »

Time to catch up with the thread. I left out people that I've had zero interaction with or no IC opinion.

Pieter: Lawful neutral. Seems to be an archetypical duty-bound Caldari. Put's on a good Jello wrestling show.

Makkal: True Neutral, maybe leaning towards Lawful but she's far too friendly to pirates and heretics to fully live within her expected social rules (Either Khanid law or I-red's).

Merdaneth: Lawful Good, a Paladin's Paladin. Karm used to be a Merdaneth fangirl in her early career. His going away post years ago on the PIE forums broke her heart.

Silas: Lawful Evil and I think I like it. It's odd to think that the two people most closely looking out for Karm's well being are generally Evil. She's not being manipulated, nope!

Saede: Chaotic Neutral. I haven't interacted closely enough to see particular good or evil traits. Saede seems to pursue/do whatever she wants, when she wants.

Synthia: Lawful Neutral. Seems very preoccupied with rules, scripture, etc.

Samira: Lawful Neutral. Samira seems thoroughly indoctrinated by Amarr society and the PIE hierarchy. Karm wants to see what happens when she slips the leash.

Aldrith: Neutral Evil.  I can tell Aldrith really wants to be a good guy, but he's violent, angry, and at times manipulative. He wants to uphold the laws of the Empire, but also feels like he can go vigilante and do horrible things to people that he has decided "deserve it." Karm may have gone Sabik, but Aldrith had a torture dungeon first.

Lyn: True Neutral. Lyn's always seemed like an outside observer. Someone more concerned with understanding something than doing anything about it. Her pro-concord stance might make her lean to Lawful Neutral though...

Katrina: Lawful Good. Consistently seems to stick to her corporation like a good Caldari should. Can't tell if she's really that good or if Ishukone just has good PR.  :D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16