Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Jove Empire is isolated from the rest of the world to all but a selected few? read more here.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: The Alignment System Game!  (Read 30254 times)

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
Re: The Alignment System Game!
« Reply #45 on: 20 Jun 2013, 14:18 »

Samira Kernher - NE when kept in check in a lawful organization.

NE? O.O

I'm interested as to the rationale behind this belief.

Steffanie Saissore

• Knight Commander (in training)
  • Omelette
  • Lawful Good Pirate
    • Ebon Rose Forum
« Reply #46 on: 20 Jun 2013, 14:18 »

I'm amused to see the number of Chaotic Neutral mentions Steff is getting.  I think it's pretty cool actually
"And if the music stops, there's only the sound of the rain.  All the hope and glory, all the sacrifice in vain.  And if love remains though everything is lost, we will pay the price, but we will not count the cost."

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #47 on: 20 Jun 2013, 14:19 »

Kala: Chaotic Good.  She means well, but I would by no means consider her to be 'stable'.

The lack of stability is something I truly want to expand on when I get back. Kala is a nice girl who's had some turbulence in her life, and more than a bit of it is likely to catch up with her sooner or later :D

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #48 on: 20 Jun 2013, 14:27 »

Huh, well I did not expect this result... I expected more true Neutral for Vince or Neutral Evil... Instead. For a younger Vince it'd be spot on. I guess he has not changedthat much;

Chaotic Evil

Chaotic Evil- A chaotic evil character does whatever his greed, hatred, and lust for destruction drive him to do. He is hot-tempered, vicious, arbitrarily violent, and unpredictable. If he is simply out for whatever he can get, he is ruthless and brutal. If he is committed to the spread of evil and chaos, he is even worse. Thankfully, his plans are haphazard, and any groups he joins or forms are poorly organized. Typically, chaotic evil people can be made to work together only by force, and their leader lasts only as long as he can thwart attempts to topple or assassinate him. Chaotic evil is sometimes called demonic because demons are the epitome of chaotic evil. Chaotic evil is the best alignment you can be because combines self-interest and pure freedom. However, chaotic evil can be a dangerous alignment because it represents the destruction not only of beauty and life but also of the order on which beauty and life depend.
Few people who posted before me;

Seriphyn - True Neutral 'He is not inherently evil and more leaning on the side of good, but Seriphyn will always do what's best for Seriphyn - if he can get away with it.

Silas - Lawful Evil Silas maybe a vicious blooder but she has her code of conduct in every instance she engages, and those rues seem to follow from situation to situation.

Lyn - True Neutral She's always struck me this way, if she can logically reason something to make sense she act on it in good conscience, wether it's morally objectionable or not, but she is by no means malevolent or cruel.

Karmilla - A steady descent from Neutral Good to Neutral Evil It's been a course of events shaping her. When Vince met her I'd say she was Neutral Good, and sometime after that it's been a slow decent with her friends turning their backs on her she grown more uncaring about other people.

Aldrith - Neutral Good Aldrith is at heart a good man, but life's taught him a few bitter lessons so he seems willing to bend, and if need break, a few rules and laws for the greater good. He doesn't do it often, but he does. There was a brief moment he was Chaotic Good. Willing to burn every evil motherfucker alive to make the world a better place.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #49 on: 20 Jun 2013, 14:41 »

Seems I forgot a few people, if I didn't get you, poke me. E.g. by putting a L-C/G-E label on Nico.

Pieter - LN, leaning towards G on the G-E axis.

Karmilla - CN

Kat - LN

Vincent Pryce - CN with tendencies towards E

NE? O.O

Samira seems to be primarily driven by self-interest and is apparently following laws and regulations more out of fear of punishment and because she has the desire to 'fit in' rather than because she believes in law and order themselves.

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #50 on: 20 Jun 2013, 14:44 »

Oh yeah, doing the test...am not surprised by it...(Lawful Good). I generally find it enjoyable playing a LG-type character in a deliberately grimdark universe.

Alignment:
Lawful Good ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (32)
Neutral Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (30)
Chaotic Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (22)
Lawful Neutral -- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (26)
True Neutral ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (24)
Chaotic Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (16)
Lawful Evil ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)
Neutral Evil ---- XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
Chaotic Evil ---- XXX (3)

Law & Chaos:
Law ----- XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXX (11)
Chaos --- XXX (3)

Good & Evil:
Good ---- XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX (19)
Neutral - XXXXXXXXXXXXX (13)
Evil ---- (0)

Very interesting some of the replies! I think they are fundamentally based on perspective from what we can see of the characters, and that's completely fine. CG and TN for Seri are certainly a couple I wasn't expecting! Few more folk...

Vincent Pryce - Neutral Evil

Nicoletta Mithra - Lawful Neutral

Pieter Tuulinen - Lawful Neutral

Samira Kernher - Moral independence not found! (Undecided Neutral or I-don't-know-anything Neutral). Perhaps just Lawful and only Lawful.

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #51 on: 20 Jun 2013, 14:48 »

I guess Luna is Lawful Good within the confines of the Amarr mindset (the Alignment test seems to agree for what it's worth) although sometimes she trends Neutral Good but those impulses have been reigned in lately after her personal moral crisis and 60 day retreat. 

Not much to add to the very interesting discussion above, but I agree Silas is a lawful evil (versus chaotic, etc.)  Samira and Aldrith both scare me as characters who could wildly off the rails if the right circumstances were present!

Repentence Tyrathlion

• Omelette
  • RIP?
« Reply #52 on: 20 Jun 2013, 14:48 »

Although it's been a while since I've played with you, Vince, you'll always be CE poster boy for me in my head. :P

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #53 on: 20 Jun 2013, 14:50 »

Let’s see here… I’m working with info that’s about a year old and will sadly exclude newer players. Impressions are strictly IC.

Anslo: Chaotic Good/Neutral/Stupid. Determined, willing to sacrifice, sometimes too willing to sacrifice.

Kalaratiri: Chaotic Good. Unpredictable, but generally good to friends and loved ones and who else matters?

Karmilla: Chaotic Neutral. Been with all manner of different corps and factions, no clear signs whether she’s good or bad. This is based on distant observation, never known much of her.

Merdaneth: Lawful Lawful Lawful maaaaaybe Good. Probably good in his own eyes. Entertaining from a distance.

Silas: Neutral Evil. Organized, driven, strong, but probably enough impulsiveness hidden in there to avoid being considered Lawful.

Katrina: Lawful Neutral. Loyal soldier.

Saede: Chaotic Neural. I’m trying to remember if Saede was even around before I quit or if I’m confusing her with another character.

Synthia: Chaotic Neutral. Unpredictable. OOC, I’d call her Lawful because she does work off of certain rules, but because Stecker doesn’t know them, she’s unpredictable.

Lyn Farel: Lawful Neutral. Concord supporter.

Aria Jenneth: Neutral. Thoughtful and methodical but not driven to support law and order.
Aldrith Shutaq: Chaotic Neutral leaning toward Evil. Convinced that he’s good. Rocking some serious self-righteousness. See Karm’s summary above, Stecker doesn’t have quite as extensive knowledge but saw bits and pieces.

Seriphyn: Neutral Good.

Nicoletta: Neutral Good. Flammable. Huggy.

Vincent Pryce: Chaotic Neutral. Unconcerned with rules, somewhat selfish, seems to take care of those around him.

Stecker probably sees herself as Chaotic Neutral, but only because she thinks her loyalty to her friends balances out her less commendable behavior. More objectively, chaotic evil.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #54 on: 20 Jun 2013, 14:54 »

I think they are fundamentally based on perspective from what we can see of the characters, and that's completely fine. CG and TN for Seri are certainly a couple I wasn't expecting! Few more folk...

True that. I think it's no contradiction to describe Seriphyn as CG and LG, as the Federation if big on the freedom stuff and their laws to a good degree about protecting freedoms. Maybe Seri is lawful towards a system of laws that promotes 'chaos'? ;)

Samira Kernher - Moral independence not found! (Undecided Neutral or I-don't-know-anything Neutral). Perhaps just Lawful and only Lawful.

Good point. Someone running around freely without moral independence is as 'good' as someone who's evil. At least to Nico's eyes. Maybe I as a player would assign a 'neutral' there, but to be sure I'd have to think about that sometime.

Victora Stecker - Chaotically oscillating between CN and CE, CG isn't entirely out of question.

Makkal

• Pod Captain
  • Khanid victor
    • At the End of Your Journey
« Reply #55 on: 20 Jun 2013, 14:56 »

Nicoletta Mithra - Lawful Good. Obviously respectful of the law and tradition but one of the few Imperials visibly engaged with spiritual enlightenment.

Vincent Pryce - Karmilla's husband. Probably chaotic but otherwise unknown.
Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars!

Current Events

Anslol

« Reply #56 on: 20 Jun 2013, 14:57 »

Nicoletta Mithra - Lawful Good. Obviously respectful of the law and tradition but one of the few Imperials visibly engaged with spiritual enlightenment.

Vincent Pryce - Karmilla's husband. Probably chaotic but otherwise unknown.

WHY DID I NOT KNOW THIS OH GOD

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #57 on: 20 Jun 2013, 15:00 »

Relax Anslo, it'll be ok.  :twisted:

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #58 on: 20 Jun 2013, 15:00 »

NE? O.O

Samira seems to be primarily driven by self-interest and is apparently following laws and regulations more out of fear of punishment and because she has the desire to 'fit in' rather than because she believes in law and order themselves.

She's definitely driven by self-interest and obeys primarily out of fear (though much of it has become indoctrinated and doesn't need external pressure by this point), so this is certainly a valid way of viewing it.
« Last Edit: 20 Jun 2013, 15:05 by Samira Kernher »

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #59 on: 20 Jun 2013, 15:07 »

Merdaneth - LG

Kalalala - CG

Lunarisse Aspenstar - LG

She's definitely driven by self-interest and obeys primarily out of fear (though much of it has become indoctrinated and doesn't need external pressure by this point), so this is certainly a valid way of viewing it.

Yah, that's why Nico wouldn't really blame her. It's not Samira's fault she ended up like that, but some Holders.
« Last Edit: 20 Jun 2013, 15:09 by Nicoletta Mithra »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16