Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That docked frigates are hooked in with massive electromagnetic anchors? (The Burning Life p. 75)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Your Most Horrible Experience In EVE  (Read 19584 times)

Creep

• Omelette
Re: Your Most Horrible Experience In EVE
« Reply #15 on: 12 Jun 2013, 16:31 »

I have reportedly been the cause of several players' "Most Horrible Experience". These have all been related to corp theft/internal sabotage. Sometimes the only way to get roles and hangar access has been to cause my predecessor to leave on his own.

Worst for me was when I lost an entire haul (freshly liberated from a WH pos) to a lowsec camp because I am a derp who scouted one gate, and warped to a different one. I laughed about it, but the laughter was not that genuine. I still mentally facepalm thinking about it.

DeadRow

• Bit of a Dick
  • Omelette
  • Loyal to herself
« Reply #16 on: 12 Jun 2013, 17:37 »

I once logged in and my skill queue was empty.

[12:40:50] Kasuko Merin > He has this incredible talent for making posts at people that could be <i>literally</i> quoted straight back at him and still apply.

Shintoko Akahoshi

• Red Mom of War(?)
  • Pod Captain
  • Red Mom of War!
« Reply #17 on: 12 Jun 2013, 17:39 »

The entire thing was OOC. Despite being a RP, most everything in JF was all OOC at the time.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #18 on: 12 Jun 2013, 18:26 »

When I was with PYGAL, I had gotten a decent amount of corporate rights. Not director, but pretty close. During our time in Anoikis, I knew we had to transport some minerals to our HQ in K-space. When a high-sec wormhole appeared, I loaded up an Iteron V with all my fittings (I used one set of fittings for each ship type for both K-space and Anoikis) and as many minerals I could, and set course to our HQ.
All went well until I reached a gate and didn't immediately jump for some reason, probably distracted. The next 5 seconds went like this:
 :|Mmm, why does that guy have a yellow square around him?
 :s...Where did my ship go?...wait...is that my capsule?! :o Is that wreck my itty?!
 :eek: Faaaaak...

I knew a little about suicide ganking, but this was my first first-hand experience with that fenomenon. I then realized I made the mistake of loading my hauler without considering the value of the cargo I transported.

I then had to explain to my CEO that I had just lost what he told me was going to be most of the corp members bonus for that month, around a billion ISK (quite a lot for us at the time). Of course he was upset and asked me what I was thinking, but he softened up after I mentioned that I also felt bad about losing my crew.

But I also felt bad about losing the minerals and the bonus of my colleagues. So bad that I didn't dare ask my CEO to reimburse some of my fittings so I could be useful again until a week or 2 had passed.
-OOChé

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #19 on: 13 Jun 2013, 11:49 »

Someone called me a homophobe because I used the word "they".

That was after I had generously given them a second chance to not be a terrible person, so vOv.
« Last Edit: 15 Jun 2013, 09:36 by Louella Dougans »
\o/

Anslol

« Reply #20 on: 13 Jun 2013, 11:52 »

I once logged in and my skill queue was empty.

My condolences...

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #21 on: 14 Jun 2013, 06:25 »

I have reportedly been the cause of several players' "Most Horrible Experience". These have all been related to corp theft/internal sabotage. Sometimes the only way to get roles and hangar access has been to cause my predecessor to leave on his own.

Worst for me was when I lost an entire haul (freshly liberated from a WH pos) to a lowsec camp because I am a derp who scouted one gate, and warped to a different one. I laughed about it, but the laughter was not that genuine. I still mentally facepalm thinking about it.

Your worst was losing stuff you had recently stolen from someone else due to derpiness.

Let me get my tiny violin...

Creep

• Omelette
« Reply #22 on: 14 Jun 2013, 08:48 »

Your worst was losing stuff you had recently stolen from someone else due to derpiness.

Let me get my tiny violin...
Man, you don't know what it was like, man...You weren't there, you can't understand...*sob*

It was such a clean smash-and-grab (my biggest haul up till then). I had gloated a little(a lot) in corp chat. My smugness was at an all time high. And then I was brought so, so low by a dumb mistake and a well-organized gatecamp.

Also, because I was piloting an Orca through lowsec filled with goodies. That has never happened again.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #23 on: 14 Jun 2013, 09:48 »

Wow, Kat.  You know, it's so easy to say "its just a gaem lol" but then you have to understand the level of <fucking epic> that can take place.  While that battle wasn't the key to a major war effort, it was still obviously a huge moment... Glad your peeps got their shit off on some Goonies.  In your shoes, I'd've been mortified.

Makes my "I lost a Vagabond to a 'Cane 2 years younger out of sheer laziness... Had to force myself to post the mail" experience seem somehow much less bad.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #24 on: 14 Jun 2013, 12:34 »

Trying to think of something that didn't involve Red-text devs convoing me ingame...

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Lyn Farel

« Reply #25 on: 14 Jun 2013, 12:44 »

lol-Aurora ?

Repentence Tyrathlion

• Omelette
  • RIP?
« Reply #26 on: 16 Jun 2013, 04:09 »

I haven't really had a seriously bad experience in Eve.  Closest would be losing a new (and highly expensive) navythron to a stupid engagement on station - made worse by stupidly opening fire again when a friendly Chimmy undocked... yeah, because shield reps were really going to help me survive with a buffer armour tank fitting ¬¬

Mind you, missing out on a 1 bil+ drop from an autopilot hauler in lowsec because I was too scared of gate guns to check the wreck was a kick in the nuts.

Sepherim

• Omelette
  • Too fucking serious for himself... or not
    • The Chronicles of Sepherim Catillah
« Reply #27 on: 16 Jun 2013, 08:49 »

Yup, Aurora Lyn. And I saw that one blow right before me and it was like "wtf is happening", I was so clueless and the consequences so massive :SS

In any case, my worst comes in two steps, I'll start with the second one as it's the most important one. It didn't actually take place while I was in EVE, I had left already for a year or two, but I still checked in from time to time to see how the Ordo was doing. I even kept the Ordo's birthday in my agenda (still do!) and did a small thing for it on those days even if no one knew. I didn't check on it often, true, maybe once or twice a year. And then one day, all posts in the forums were months old. Checked as much as I could in game and all important pilots had changed corporation. And there, before me, I knew that three years of my life had come to an end. It wasn't meant to be so, and yet it was, all gone to time. I guess it's how life goes, but it doesn't make it any easier to think that no one is askin Questions around anymore, specially now that I'm back in the game and see no questionmakers interrogate me... and those still around, are now doing other things, like Aldrith, Lucius or Hitome.

The first part of the story lead to that, and lasted for about three months up to me leaving the game. It's terrible to know you have a duty to hold, to see you are holding back the full development of the Ordo for not doing it, and yet not have the will or time to do it. See everyone needing this or that: materials, recruitment, rites for advancement, whatever... and yet, not being able to do so without feeling terribly detached from it all.

And, of course, the point between them. My second worst day in EVE: to say farewell to everyone in OQ. Explain them Seph is leaving (ICly), writing the story on how he lost his implants and gets sends to a monastery forever to watch the stars and never reach them, and wish everyone the best knowing you won't be there to see their triumphs and failures.

Shit, writing this has saddened me. Time to see some film or something. :S

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #28 on: 16 Jun 2013, 10:21 »

Being kicked out of a corp for being too young.

I was livid, my 13 year old self behaved better than 80% of that corp ._.

However, apparently, conversations about riding crops are not meant for young ears. They sent me a very apologetic letter as well  :oops:

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Vikarion

« Reply #29 on: 16 Jun 2013, 11:59 »

My worst experience in Eve was losing my first CNR to the Lofty scam 3 months into Eve (this was before they put warnings on joining fleets, and waaaaay before they removed the ability altogether.

I felt really bad not so much over the loss, but more over the stupidity of it - I'd been caught by a ganker simply because I hadn't been paranoid enough. I was soon back in a CNR, though, and much more paranoid.  :P
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7