Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Sukuuvestaa Corporation, or SuVee as it is commonly known, is the head of the self-proclaimed 'practical' faction within the Caldari State? Read more here.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Your Most Horrible Experience In EVE  (Read 19666 times)

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: Your Most Horrible Experience In EVE
« Reply #60 on: 16 Nov 2014, 17:22 »

As far as gameplay goes, losing 3 T2 cruisers in the space of 24h was pretty bad. First was to a good 1v1, the second was to being over-eager to catch up to a gang I'd missed by 10 minutes, and the third was due to letting the FC warp me with the rest of the fleet.

Could've used that fleetwarp exemption thing back then.  :psyccp:
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #61 on: 16 Nov 2014, 21:13 »

My most bitter experience is when I lost my very first Rifter to a Tengu flown by, what's his name? Turbular Knight or something?

I intend to pay him back for that loss some day.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #62 on: 17 Nov 2014, 11:24 »

I've derpped more fleets than I can count, but that's not the worst stuff, that's just part of pvp you get used to :)

My worst experience with EVE was when I was CEO of Kudzu Collective and having my left and right hand pilots leave the corp and take some pilots with them all while I was away for the weekend without any internet access.  Felt pretty stabbed in the back.  Came back on Monday and found the corp basically in ashes.  I took that pretty hard.
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #63 on: 17 Nov 2014, 12:14 »

I've derpped more fleets than I can count, but that's not the worst stuff, that's just part of pvp you get used to :)

My worst experience with EVE was when I was CEO of Kudzu Collective and having my left and right hand pilots leave the corp and take some pilots with them all while I was away for the weekend without any internet access.  Felt pretty stabbed in the back.  Came back on Monday and found the corp basically in ashes.  I took that pretty hard.

Ouch, understandable. I'm going to remain rather bitter about a similar thing I suspect.

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
« Reply #64 on: 17 Nov 2014, 15:19 »

my most disappointing experience would possibly be the outcome of a player created event, dating back a few years. It involved delivering items of importance to a place where they were needed. Medical supplies, that sort of thing.
Turns out, the receiving player(s) sold the items, to buy things, OOCly of course.
Dunno, just kind of feels a bit of a let down, or some kind of breach of trust or something.
The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

Makoto Priano

« Reply #65 on: 18 Nov 2014, 14:28 »

This is one of those, "Fucking CCP!" sorts of situations.

I-RED had been wardecced, which was pretty usual because we have plenty of folk poking around HS doing their thing. It was a one-man alt-corp, one-day-old alt. The week ticked by, and there was nothing-- the alt never logged on, never had an uptick in numbers in the alt-corp. About an hour before the war ends, I've got some hauling to do before an appointment. I still had the guy on watch list, checked the corp and saw only the one offline character in the corp, and decided, fuck it, there's no way this could turn south. He'd have to log in to accept applications, right?

I undock in a JF, warp along the pipe toward our staging station, and five jumps down: scram. WHAT? WHERE? HOW? Little did I know that the trick with this wardec was that the applications had already been accepted, so all they had to do was get ahead of me, dock, accept the app, and then warp to the gate. There's really no way to know who the potential hostile is, and no way to hunt them down.

That really, REALLY pissed me off-- because even if I'd noticed the very moment they accepted the invite to their wardec corp, I was already locked in the warp tunnel to the gate they caught me on. I managed to slowboat back to gate, but there was already a guy on the far side, who'd accepted the application after I'd been pointed.

I know, I know-- never fly anything shiny while under wardec. That's on me. But-- seriously, CCP? That's a good game mechanic?

I very nearly ragequit and unsubbed over that.

Jace

• Veteran
« Reply #66 on: 18 Nov 2014, 14:33 »

I-RED had been wardecced, which was pretty usual because we have plenty of folk poking around HS doing their thing. It was a one-man alt-corp, one-day-old alt. The week ticked by, and there was nothing-- the alt never logged on, never had an uptick in numbers in the alt-corp. About an hour before the war ends, I've got some hauling to do before an appointment. I still had the guy on watch list, checked the corp and saw only the one offline character in the corp, and decided, fuck it, there's no way this could turn south. He'd have to log in to accept applications, right?

I undock in a JF, warp along the pipe toward our staging station, and five jumps down: scram. WHAT? WHERE? HOW? Little did I know that the trick with this wardec was that the applications had already been accepted, so all they had to do was get ahead of me, dock, accept the app, and then warp to the gate. There's really no way to know who the potential hostile is, and no way to hunt them down.

That really, REALLY pissed me off-- because even if I'd noticed the very moment they accepted the invite to their wardec corp, I was already locked in the warp tunnel to the gate they caught me on. I managed to slowboat back to gate, but there was already a guy on the far side, who'd accepted the application after I'd been pointed.

I know, I know-- never fly anything shiny while under wardec. That's on me. But-- seriously, CCP? That's a good game mechanic?

Ouch. Not many game mechanic things make me rage, but that would do it.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #67 on: 18 Nov 2014, 14:39 »

It's a pretty dumb mechanic, I agree, but the only way to prevent it is to not allow corporations to take on new members during a wardec, which is... well... just as dumb?

Unless maybe the restriction were limited to the aggressing corp/alliance only. Then it might be ok. Too many variables with wardecs. :\
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #68 on: 18 Nov 2014, 14:46 »

Make corp applications take ten minutes to process. Voila.

Makoto Priano

« Reply #69 on: 18 Nov 2014, 15:19 »

Or restrict aggression for 24 hours after entering a new corporation. That right there would completely neuter that wardec mechanic.

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain
« Reply #70 on: 18 Nov 2014, 17:16 »

I've had fun while flying my Providence unscouted 5 systems through low-sec, and then 8 systems high-sec while being in FW. Survived with 25% armor.

Marcus Gord

• Mathfail Silverback
  • Egger
  • Soldier of Fortune
« Reply #71 on: 24 Nov 2014, 16:02 »

i remember this. i logged in, saw it, and was like 'wtf Mak, you should know better than to fly stuff like this during war!' then felt like an ass after you told me what actually happened....

As for myself, I don't think I've really had any horrible experiences....i've had foot in mouth experiences though. few huge raging arguments with close friends. luckily we're still close friends though.
Stormcrows.

Will pay for good sig. Enquire within.

You can't take the sky from me

Halcyon

• Queen of Chocolate
  • Egger
  • Bewbs
« Reply #72 on: 25 Nov 2014, 07:06 »

Cloaky wormhole scout interdiction null legion, built to survive a few frigates and maybe a strong sneeze.
Chased by hostiles, jump through wormhole.
Kronos or vindicator pilot (forget which)
"Dude we can take them "
Ok fine, jump back through the wormhole, get pointed. Several points, webbed, etc.
"Dude, there's too many, I'm jumping back"

Cmdr Baxter

• "The Old Man"
  • Egger
    • The Synenose Accord
« Reply #73 on: 26 Nov 2014, 17:38 »

I've had a couple bad experiences. Top of the list was probably getting burned out and leaving SYNE flapping in the wind for a couple months, before Ninavask took charge and pulled things back together.

Second-worse experience was my second-ever PvP fight. I had just undocked from the Mordu's Legion station out in 5ZXX-K - this was when I was flying with CAIN - with a couple guys, I saw a Chimera sitting outside the station ... and like an idiot I panicked and opened fire. On a carrier. With a Ferox. (This was back in the pre-Drake days when Feroxes stood in as battlecruiser missileboats.)

Cmdr Baxter

• "The Old Man"
  • Egger
    • The Synenose Accord
« Reply #74 on: 09 Dec 2014, 19:43 »

I think I can replace my prior one. I logged into Thera post-patch and the game worked fine. Then it froze up my computer and I had to do a forced restart. This is a sampling of errors the repair tool found:

bin\EveLocalization.dll, missing 4 out of 4 blocks
bin\Extensions.dll, missing 2 out of 2 blocks
bin\_GameWorld.dll, missing 84 out of 84 blocks
bin\_PlanetResources.dll, missing 3 out of 3 blocks
bin\_audio2.dll, missing 20 out of 20 blocks
bin\_trinity_dx11_deploy.dll, missing 192 out of 192 blocks
bin\_trinity_dx9_deploy.dll, missing 190 out of 190 blocks
bin\_twitch.dll, missing 2 out of 2 blocks
bin\_vivox.dll, missing 2 out of 2 blocks
bin\blue.dll, missing 51 out of 51 blocks
bin\db.dll, missing 4 out of 4 blocks
bin\destiny.dll, missing 8 out of 8 blocks