Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that the Society for the Conservation of State Traditions is a fiercly nationalistic Caldari lobbyist organization that unleashed a scathing rebuke of PIE Inc. pilot Kostantin Mort in late YC106.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Your Most Horrible Experience In EVE  (Read 19587 times)

Halcyon

• Queen of Chocolate
  • Egger
  • Bewbs
Re: Your Most Horrible Experience In EVE
« Reply #75 on: 10 Dec 2014, 12:29 »

Yeah, I'm replacing my most horrible experience with trying to do hacking post Thera. Click node, lag, click node, lag, click node, lag.
Watching my whole game freeze up as I try and do simple activities in space is awful.

Velarra

• Wetgraver
  • Angel
    • DED Profile
« Reply #76 on: 05 Feb 2015, 08:51 »

For about a year eve horribly and overwhelmingly broke the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/180_degree_rule while forcibly panning the camera around on star gate activation. Getting motion sick wasn't fun. Fortunately CCP finally fixed the speed and degree to which the camera pans. Personally i still think that the client grabbing control of the camera at every star gate is annoying, but at least it's no longer physically sickening to the point of forcing one to stop actively flying in space.

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #77 on: 05 Feb 2015, 10:54 »

Putting aside OOC drama which counts as my most horrible experience(s), I'd say engaging someone in a pvp fight, having them locked, and then being lagged(?) such that no commands process until all of a sudden I am deep in armor and finally shooting/tracking.  So frustrating!

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #78 on: 05 Feb 2015, 17:42 »

Battleship Smartbomb gatecamp.

Frame. In Armour. Frame. Structure. Frame. Pod. Frame.

Wake up back in the Nonni system.

Avio Yaken

• .________________________________________.
  • Egger
« Reply #79 on: 07 Feb 2015, 14:54 »

My worst experience in EVE?

Ratting with a Drake...

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #80 on: 11 Feb 2015, 14:48 »

Continued collisions of theory versus practice.

Eve is an amazing game in principle. In practice, it's often clunky, unintuitive, stressful, AND boring. And it gets worse as the stakes go up.

Case in point: solo-hunting, for days, in nullsec with a bubble-proof hunter-killer Tengu. So damn hard to get a kill without getting killed, and every gate camp is a prime opportunity to screw up the timing and die.

Maybe if I were a little more social....

Also: (DUST specific)

Watching my dedicated role (stealth bastard) evaporate with the advent of cloaks and overpowered scanners that can normally only be evaded with cloaks.

Actual sneakiness, nerfed into non-viability.

Someone let me know if/when being a NON-cloaking scout becomes viable again.

Jennifer Starfall

• Egger
« Reply #81 on: 11 Feb 2015, 15:00 »

Someone let me know if/when being a NON-cloaking scout becomes viable again.

Do combat recons being undetectable on d-scan count?

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #82 on: 11 Feb 2015, 15:10 »

Do combat recons being undetectable on d-scan count?

I saw that, and it is making my shoulder blades itch where my devil wings used to be.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #83 on: 20 Mar 2015, 06:40 »

Let's see...

- Logging in to find Istvaan had jacked my 2 day old Alliance.
- Logging in to find that CCP found that Mirial was cheating at events and banned her, along with our entire Alliance capfleet sitting in her hangar...
- As an ISD character, being told by a Band of Brothers director (in local with 200 watching) that he was gonna call up his buddies at CCP and have me 'dealt with' because I was 'looking at him'.
- Watching in Dev/ISD chat as CCP literally do so within 20 minutes, all the while telling me that I was fine, 'see you tomorrow'.
- Having CCP refuse to answer any contact after that period, disavowing anything I ever did for CCP, and never actually explaining any of it to anyone, even after the CSM was created in response.

Great, just typing that has got me all fucky in the stomach again.

One of my great annoyances is that Graelyn died the very first time to a bug. No, not lag or anything. A real one, back when the game wasn't quite as polished. I docked one night on what was then the pipe from Amarr to Pator (12 jumps through Yulai!). I docked, read a mail or two, then logged.
When I logged in again, I still had a ship. I wasn't in a pod or anything. Still had my one implant in. But I had the death notification mail, along with a very confused Ushra'Khan member wondering why I decided to sit motionless outside a station in hostile territory and let his little frigate blow up my Apoc and pod me over a 10min period.  :|

Since the lore at the time specified that new pilots were still human until first death, I tried to pretend that the real Graelyn was killed somehow, but no one can figure out the details, with Clone Graelyn still trying to figure out how his real self perished...
The enemy pilot in question, by the way, graciously refused to acknowledge the kill ever happened.
« Last Edit: 20 Mar 2015, 07:05 by Graelyn »

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Aldrith Shutaq

• Fleet Captain
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #84 on: 20 Mar 2015, 17:20 »

Graelyn: The One True BittervetTM

Lyn Farel

« Reply #85 on: 21 Mar 2015, 04:12 »

Oh I don't know, I have had to deal with Mirial too  :lol:

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #86 on: 21 Mar 2015, 08:39 »

About two years ago I was having financial trouble. To make matters worse, I did the math, and realized my eve wallet had significantly more real value (assuming I could somehow convert PLEX to cash) than my bank account.

Tara A

• Clonejack
    • The Star Fraction
« Reply #87 on: 26 Jul 2015, 18:27 »

The Catalyst breakaway - was the thread title on JF Forums IIRC. Catalyst was to be the name of the new corporation, but I guess (do not know) for apparent reasons they weren't allowed to keep it so it became Stimulus. The core of the split was the small corp in Star Fraction with mostly just vets in it, Tabula Rasa Systems. My corp. :(

Just a couple of us in TRS didn't split - I can recall right away only Antinea staying besides my characters. There were more people I loved leaving from JF of course as well.

Anyone who used to be in JF / SF back in the day for a longer period, will know that it's is a history of pretty much annual splits so no big deal. With very few exceptions they were always total 10/10 opera level drama bombs. What made this split different from all that came before and after it - apart from the fact that I watched my mates, my most loved friends in game walk away - was how it turned out later. There was a lot of things in the background that I will not go into in here or anywhere; I have to give credit to some people in JF to have kept all the really ugly stuff tight under the lid through all the venom and hate on IGS and other places. What happened was it got really really ugly fast and kept getting worse for a long time. Hadn't we as SF just died off of collective burn out on all levels I think it still might be ugly. I can't stress out enough how much hate there was between the groups. Being in JF/TRS and in SF for all those years I am not exactly unfamiliar with hate, but this was something else.

Anyway, it was all very confusing and very painful and I still regret how it all turned out. I was literally torn between two groups of friends and watching them just turn into loathing each other. I tried to stay away at first but in the end I was right there making a fool of myself on IGS, vent or TS3 or whatever it was that we used those days and all other places.

I haven't played for years JF is long dead and I can't even remember the timeline right - all I know it still stings to think about it. At the same time after all these years and everything that took place later, I still can't help but remember the people fondly and with a smile thinking about things we did together on vent and in game fricking 10 years ago. Before the split. Man, losing that overnight was so tough for me.

There are gruesome details like a death of a real person that I was friends with. She wasn't online much due to some circumstances, but we were often online at the same time on vent although for different reasons and we talked. And then afterwards when it was over I got completely flamed when trying to (clumsily) offer my condolences to her husband who used to be a friend as well, because all this shit had driven us apart.

That shit - the worst experience for me in Eve. I think even the end of JF itself is not that painful because it just kinda drifted away slowly when core people finally burned out for good or had other circumstances taking them away from the game.

Vizage

• Egger
« Reply #88 on: 27 Jul 2015, 11:38 »

Having Cloaky Campers sit in your system for a month straight to disrupt industry while being completely safe from repercussion.

Never felt frustration like that in my life. Total Impotence.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #89 on: 27 Jul 2015, 13:27 »

Having Cloaky Campers sit in your system for a month straight to disrupt industry while being completely safe from repercussion.

Never felt frustration like that in my life. Total Impotence.

Reminds me, need to resurrect the Way of the Vagabond at some point. Easily the least effort towards the greatest salt mining operations I've known. I don't think I ever actually had to kill anything back then. I just occasionally appeared on d-scan and the systems shut down.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7