Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Aldrith Shutaq was once court poet and author in the service of the Etranhi Holders on Mishi IV? Read more here.

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Character Stand-Ins and Influences from Popular Fiction  (Read 9440 times)

Sakura Nihil

• Egger
  • Glory
Re: Character Stand-Ins and Influences from Popular Fiction
« Reply #30 on: 05 Feb 2013, 17:31 »

Totally random, and not from popular fiction, but I should share it.  Was browsing the interwebs for "Oveur EVE-Online drunk", or something similar for the meme thread, and somehow this picture came up as a result:

Probably one of the closest Sak-lookalikes that I've seen so far.  Even has the style of Quafe shirt she's wearing in-game right now. :psyccp:

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #31 on: 06 Feb 2013, 11:56 »

Stecker was originally based on Victor Stecker, a minor villain from the Burn Notice series. I think the character evolved into something more akin to Sapphire, Christina Hendrick's character from Firefly.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #32 on: 06 Feb 2013, 12:07 »

I think the character evolved into something more akin to Sapphire, Christina Hendrick's character from Firefly.

Yosaffbridge.

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #33 on: 04 Mar 2013, 14:36 »

Luna's got a long backstory simply because I've been roleplaying her for a long time (all the way back to pen and paper days) and sort of decided to try to shoe horn her into Eve, carving off some aspects of her history and modifying others.  Can't really say any one character influenced her, especially how she is now is, but in the past...

When I first started to play her she was modeled loosely off Laurana (the younger, spoiled Laurana) in Dragonlance. 

Later as she matured and got into various combat RP, I was probably influenced by what I was reading at the time, Sturm Stormblade(in terms of the attitude of a Paladin), the older more mature Laurana, and Staff Sergeant Torin Kerr's in Tonya Huff's Valor series.  Honor Harrington also had some influence at least in mannerisms and as a Steadholder in a religiously conservative world.

Luna now is a bit shell-shocked and disillusioned with some of her prior choices/experiences and took a similar turn to Sgt. Kerr in the later Valor books in leaving the service except instead of space salvage, Luna went into mining.

Now that Wurblewind noticed and commented on OOC - I'd like to add a major influence on this Luna has been Dolly Levi from Hello Dolly! with her matchmaking, business cards and other antics.  I was wondering when, if ever, someone would make the connection!  :lol:
Thanks Wurblewind for being a good sport by the way.

Vincent Pryce

« Reply #34 on: 06 Mar 2013, 04:47 »

Disney's Aladdin. Yes, I shit you not. That was part of the very first concept for Vince and it was big part of him for a long time too. He's gone from Aladdin closer to Jax from SOA over the course of the years and from there on to evolved into something new down the line but can't really put my finger on what it is.

PS. This is what a proper Angel Cartel pusher should sound like.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #35 on: 06 Mar 2013, 08:04 »

Of course she never lost her Faith, unlike the whole fucking Empire and all its pilots.
Wow.

:psyccp:
One needs to pull that if one goes for the 'last Mohican'-trope.  :twisted:
Pages: 1 2 [3]