Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That all Blood Raider commanders receive substantial theological training as well? (The Burning Life, p. 56)

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Question for a cheapskate  (Read 5476 times)

Saikoyu

• Omelette
Question for a cheapskate
« on: 06 Dec 2012, 15:27 »

So, still looking into getting back into EvE, however that's not happening at 15 bucks a month right now, so I am asking if anyone knows how many hours and hours doing what does it take to buy a PLEX every month?

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: Question for a cheapskate
« Reply #1 on: 06 Dec 2012, 15:42 »

If you can get into incursion fleets, you can theoretically make enough ISK for a PLEX in a few evenings. I've not done any of these in a while due to :rl: and other stuff, though, so i can't be sure if the state of things is still like that.

Exploration you can do in a single evening if you get stupidly lucky. If you don't, it could take a week or even the entire month. Yay for dicerolls. :(

Not sure on FW or other activities though.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #2 on: 06 Dec 2012, 15:49 »

Just out of curiosity, what are the current incursions channels if anyone knows ?

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #3 on: 06 Dec 2012, 15:56 »

The Ditanian Fleet = Armor
BTL Pub = Shield Vanguard sites with some Assault
The Valhalla Project = Shield HQ sites with some Assault

There are a few other channels for shiny fleets, and probably more than just TDF for armor.. but I dunno them. I mostly use TVP because it's a really chill community.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #4 on: 06 Dec 2012, 16:08 »

BTL has always been totally silent/dead each time I checked since I came back...

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
« Reply #5 on: 06 Dec 2012, 18:36 »

BTL has always been totally silent/dead each time I checked since I came back...

I guess the drama finally killed it. Good riddance, if you ask me. Then again, I guess I owe BTL for introducing me to TVP.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 06 Dec 2012, 22:23 »

Also like Morwen I've not been incursioning for a bit, but TVP was "the" shield incursion channel when I left.

The estimate I handed another friend who was looking to get back into the game was that at 3 hours per evening, they could expect to produce around 120m to 180m (discounting LPs). This is based on waiting roughly 1 hour to get into a fleet after you log on, followed by running 2-3 plexes an hour for the remaining 2 hours. Obviously, this rate is subject to shift - on some nights I managed to slip in after only 20 minutes of waiting; on others, it took me over an hour before I managed to get a spot in.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #7 on: 07 Dec 2012, 07:23 »

I will try TVP then, thanks. I hope they do Vanguards too.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #8 on: 07 Dec 2012, 08:52 »

I will try TVP then, thanks. I hope they do Vanguards too.

They do not.

TVP only does Headquarters and Assault sites, with a heavy preference towards HQs.

There are some other (Vanguard) communities that are linked to in the MOTD and occasionally recruit in there, but TVP is not a Vanguard community.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #9 on: 07 Dec 2012, 09:37 »

If you have access to less-secure areas, I might suggest farming level 5 missions for LP.

I don't really do missions but I think it's something like 60,000 per mission, something a lot of my friends do quite a bit of.

You can also do quite well farming planetary interaction with little input.  Instead of making finished products use entire planets to up-convert something on the supply chain a single level, and sell in bulk.  You can do this a few jumps from Jita and make hundreds of millions.

lallara zhuul

• Now with rainbows and butterflies.
  • Veteran
« Reply #10 on: 07 Dec 2012, 10:07 »

I made my ISKies for PLEXes by T2 production.

Inventing the BPCs and producing.

It needs some basic ISKies to get the whole thing running, but with like about an hour a day you can run the whole thing if you do not have any complications with the locals.

Also running the epic arcs every six months or so can keep you afloat....

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Lyn Farel

« Reply #11 on: 07 Dec 2012, 14:07 »

The issue I personnally have with T2 production is that you need a POS for some of the research jobs and that basically means that you have to regularily take care of it and keep it running. When you are too casual with unregular logging time at disposal it becomes hazardous.

But if you are dedicated I think it's one of the best leads.

If you have access to less-secure areas, I might suggest farming level 5 missions for LP.

I don't really do missions but I think it's something like 60,000 per mission, something a lot of my friends do quite a bit of.

You can also do quite well farming planetary interaction with little input.  Instead of making finished products use entire planets to up-convert something on the supply chain a single level, and sell in bulk.  You can do this a few jumps from Jita and make hundreds of millions.

If L5s were safe I would do that ofc, but farming is already painful enough not to be particularily eager to stress myself by the possibility of being probed out and ganked every minute and/or spamming the directionnal scan continuously while missioning... Ofc It might interest other people that do not care at all.

The PI idea sounds interesting. When I started (not long after Tyrannis) the price difference between PI tiers was not significant enough to make money out of it though. I assume it has changed since then ? I will have to make some calculations. Sounds promising.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #12 on: 07 Dec 2012, 14:45 »

The issue I personnally have with T2 production is that you need a POS for some of the research jobs and that basically means that you have to regularily take care of it and keep it running. When you are too casual with unregular logging time at disposal it becomes hazardous.

But if you are dedicated I think it's one of the best leads.

If L5s were safe I would do that ofc, but farming is already painful enough not to be particularily eager to stress myself by the possibility of being probed out and ganked every minute and/or spamming the directionnal scan continuously while missioning... Ofc It might interest other people that do not care at all.

The PI idea sounds interesting. When I started (not long after Tyrannis) the price difference between PI tiers was not significant enough to make money out of it though. I assume it has changed since then ? I will have to make some calculations. Sounds promising.

Re: level 5's, it is only dangerous as a non-aligned solo pilot.  If you are in with locals or part of a group doing that sort of thing safety is not really a concern.

Re: PI, I think the numbers only work if you are dealing in bulk, freighter sized loads (to make it worth the effort)

Ava Starfire

• Queen of Hashbrowns
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #13 on: 10 Dec 2012, 06:04 »

My wonderful cute lil Ni-Kunni alt, Violca Kari, keeps me supplied with isk via tarot readings that she does for other players.

I also do get some isk for artwork (and yes, I am done with school this week, ALL the art I have been making people wait for will be done starting immediately!)

You can make isk in some interesting ways.

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #14 on: 12 Dec 2012, 02:39 »

If you are into shields, I recommend you to try ISN shield fleets (ingame channel ISN Secondary).
These guys will demand a lot (fit and skill-wise), but also they will offer one of best fleets and money-making rate.

Best of armor fleets are Scrubs., sometimes they are getting X-es from "The Ditanian Fleet", so if you can fly with MWD vindi/legion and don't afraid of only two logies... look for "mwd fleet" adverts in the channel ;)

Both these fleets could help you get 100+m in hour in isk only (without lp).
Pages: [1] 2 3