Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

that small, portable credit scanners can be used for facilitating personal transactions? (p. 90)

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Question for a cheapskate  (Read 5479 times)

Lyn Farel

Re: Question for a cheapskate
« Reply #15 on: 12 Dec 2012, 07:32 »

What is "a lot" for the fit, exactly ? Officer ? Deadspace ?

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #16 on: 12 Dec 2012, 11:19 »

Deadspace invuln fields, faction lowslots. T2 guns.

Lyn, if you think that there are issues with elitism on this forum and in the RP community, ISN is not the place for you; it's far far worse in every way.

Are they efficient? Yeah, sure. Are they also elitist douchebags that make even the most egocentric RPers look like inferiority-complex-saddled wussies? Most of the time, in my experience, particularly the leadership.

Every time I've contemplated flying with them, I see them doing something that makes me change my mind.

TVP is a much more open and welcoming community, and while they'll encourage you to put faction modules on your ships if you can afford it, they won't pass you over when recruiting just because you don't have T2 guns or a full rack of navy/faction damage mods. I honestly think they will be a far better fit for you than ISN will.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #17 on: 12 Dec 2012, 14:18 »

Uh... where did I ever say that I have issue with elitism on this forum and the RP community ? I am not sure what makes you say so...

I am a damn elitist and have always been, more than a lot of people. I may be wrong but the way you speak of elitism sounds quite negative. I do not have any particular issue with elitism and I do not see it as a bad thing.

As long as we keep it separated from intolerance, arrogance, and the likes.

Anyway, deadspace invuln seems a bit excessive but I am not that far from that kind of fit tbh. I was just considering all the options at hand. I am probably more inclined in favor of TVP in any case.

Have you already flown with ISN Lithium ?

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #18 on: 12 Dec 2012, 14:25 »

It wasn't meant necessarily as if you had stated such, Lyn - more as a "if you happen to feel this way" thing. Let's just say that of nearly all the people I've dealt with ingame (and not via forums) who've flown with ISN are a bunch of arrogant, elitist "our way or the highway" dickwads.

The ones who weren't? They don't fly with them anymore.

(To clarify, there are cases where "our way or the highway" is a valid attitude. When you're trying to at least have -fun- while making ISK, it's really not productive.)
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #19 on: 12 Dec 2012, 14:40 »

Ok thanks!

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #20 on: 12 Dec 2012, 15:23 »

I've been trying to make my accounts self sufficient. Personally I find that lowsec PI can make a good deal of isk. I run PI on two characters per account, push a few buttons once a week, collect and sell resources twice a month. I average about 400mil a month, per account, that way. It's not enough to pay for my PLEX addiction, but it helps a lot.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #21 on: 12 Dec 2012, 15:35 »

Also, Lyn, if you have questions that TVP people don't have time to answer (or can't), there are a few people in the RP community who fly with them besides myself - Inara, Esna and Evi in particular.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:

Lyn Farel

« Reply #22 on: 12 Dec 2012, 16:35 »

Unless incursions have changed since I left I do not think I have, but I will keep it in mind.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #23 on: 12 Dec 2012, 19:09 »

Also, Lyn, if you have questions that TVP people don't have time to answer (or can't), there are a few people in the RP community who fly with them besides myself - Inara, Esna and Evi in particular.

I've considered getting into Incursions myself (as I'm slowly starting to get more active and return to EVE proper) and had a couple questions I'm hoping you can answer.

1. What is the least Elitist, favors armor tanking, allows/are okay with T2 fittings group to fly with?

2. What is that groups channel name, if they have one, and is there any idea how often they do incursions?

3. Any particular type of incursions they run, or do they do all types? If so why not do all types?

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #24 on: 12 Dec 2012, 22:11 »

Uh... where did I ever say that I have issue with elitism on this forum and the RP community ? I am not sure what makes you say so...

I am a damn elitist and have always been, more than a lot of people. I may be wrong but the way you speak of elitism sounds quite negative. I do not have any particular issue with elitism and I do not see it as a bad thing.

Anyway, deadspace invuln seems a bit excessive but I am not that far from that kind of fit tbh. I was just considering all the options at hand. I am probably more inclined in favor of TVP in any case.

Yup, I fly with them quite often (usually when i need to buy expensive EVE toy or to repair my SS). I have been running incursions since they are only appeared, but I consider myself quite casual incursion runner. And I tried almost every incursion community. I have flown with both TVP and ISN, and I prefer to stay away from TVP to save my time for something else. Well, it is only my opinion, so if you want to choose, don't listen to me or someone else and try both of them yourself.

As for deadspace invuls and officer fits... well, if you gonna get into ISN primary, then maybe, but as for me, I prefer to waste my iskies for more pvp-related stuff. To fly with ISN you need just a pirate battleship (I prefer nightmare, they also love machariels a lot) with t2 guns, t2 tank, and, well, faction damage mods - because your damage is essential. (but they are not really that much expensive) (also ISN accept faction guns, but these fits are making me mad!)

As for 'elitist approach', in incursions you are part of the fleet. It is not mission running community, where your DPS affects only how fast you get money, it affects everyone else in the fleet. This means if you bring overtanked ship with low dps, or t1/meta/faction guns instead of t2, not only your income will suffer, but everyone else in the fleet. I know many people want to get into incursions ASAP and start making money 'like crazy', but they are thinking only about themselves and not about their fleet mates who will suffer because of them.
And yea, Im very fit nazi  :twisted:
If you will need advice in fitting/skills, feel free to convo.

Lithium Flower

• Omelette
  • I very speak engrish a bit, thank you!
« Reply #25 on: 12 Dec 2012, 22:36 »

TVP is a much more open and welcoming community, and while they'll encourage you to put faction modules on your ships if you can afford it, they won't pass you over when recruiting just because you don't have T2 guns or a full rack of navy/faction damage mods. I honestly think they will be a far better fit for you than ISN will.
As for me, I consider TVP as a training shield community. Well, AFAIK they started as one, and remained one for me. It is really much easier to start in TVP. They are quite far from being best money making fleets (and can even invite missile boats... yuck!), but they can show what does incursion running mean.
Unfortunately, I have a strong bias against flying with TVP ever again, because this was the only community that didnt reinvite me back into fleet after disconnect during mom fight. Only by miracle my ship survived :/ Probably it's only FC's fault, but still it left very heavy sediment on me, that still prevents me from x-ing in their channel.

Karmilla Strife

• Omelette
« Reply #26 on: 13 Dec 2012, 01:34 »

I'm an incursion noob and have been lurking in TVP for a few days. I think from what I've seen that it's the community for me at least. I've heard there is an armor tanked community too, but again... I'm a noob and personally prefer shield tanks.

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
« Reply #27 on: 13 Dec 2012, 11:27 »

Well, I preffer Armor. Is there an armor version of TVP anywhere?

Lyn Farel

« Reply #28 on: 13 Dec 2012, 16:24 »

I suppose Ditanian is still up and running for armor.

Yup, I fly with them quite often (usually when i need to buy expensive EVE toy or to repair my SS). I have been running incursions since they are only appeared, but I consider myself quite casual incursion runner. And I tried almost every incursion community. I have flown with both TVP and ISN, and I prefer to stay away from TVP to save my time for something else. Well, it is only my opinion, so if you want to choose, don't listen to me or someone else and try both of them yourself.

As for deadspace invuls and officer fits... well, if you gonna get into ISN primary, then maybe, but as for me, I prefer to waste my iskies for more pvp-related stuff. To fly with ISN you need just a pirate battleship (I prefer nightmare, they also love machariels a lot) with t2 guns, t2 tank, and, well, faction damage mods - because your damage is essential. (but they are not really that much expensive) (also ISN accept faction guns, but these fits are making me mad!)

As for 'elitist approach', in incursions you are part of the fleet. It is not mission running community, where your DPS affects only how fast you get money, it affects everyone else in the fleet. This means if you bring overtanked ship with low dps, or t1/meta/faction guns instead of t2, not only your income will suffer, but everyone else in the fleet. I know many people want to get into incursions ASAP and start making money 'like crazy', but they are thinking only about themselves and not about their fleet mates who will suffer because of them.
And yea, Im very fit nazi  :twisted:
If you will need advice in fitting/skills, feel free to convo.

I have a vindi with 2 different T2/faction damage mods fits (one for VGs and one for the rest), so I guess it should do it then.

No need for advice in fits or skills, I am already experienced in incursions, but thanks for the offer.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #29 on: 13 Dec 2012, 17:08 »

Yeah, "The Ditanian Fleet" is still around for armor, though I would be lying if I didn't say they were... lacking in activity most days it seems.

BTL has an armor division too but I don't remember if it's "BTL Armor" or "BTL Armour" :P
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
Pages: 1 [2] 3