Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ishukone corporation manufactures the mind altering Transcranial Microcontroller?

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19

Author Topic: DUST 514  (Read 33105 times)

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
Re: DUST 514
« Reply #255 on: 07 Jun 2011, 04:35 »

EVE online players can join DUST corps? Sweet, I hope this means Seriphyn can return to being a space marine. Being a starship trooper is far cooler than an egger, imo anyway

Aodha Khan

« Reply #256 on: 07 Jun 2011, 06:54 »

PS3 Only?  :roll:

Invelious

• Reshjvajarr Man
  • Omelette
  • Plays the Roll
« Reply #257 on: 07 Jun 2011, 10:00 »

Despite the recent set backs to Sony via hacking and their fail security measures. I am still content that this is a exclusive. IMO the PS3(aside from a PC) is the only system to date that can properly handle a game of this nature. 

As for meeting the time constraint of 1 year, i'm confident it will be met. This game is going to be a corner stone for Sony PS3, it being exclusive means they are no doubt pouring devs onto the project to help CCP launch this.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #258 on: 07 Jun 2011, 10:35 »

As for meeting the time constraint of 1 year, i'm confident it will be met. This game is going to be a corner stone for Sony PS3, it being exclusive means they are no doubt pouring devs onto the project to help CCP launch this.

Well ... even if not, it's not as though they just started working on it yesterday.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #259 on: 07 Jun 2011, 11:48 »

Actually "graphic design" is broad and totally meaningless term saying that you are qualified for (one of) the artistic department(s), but nothing more. It's kind of my job.

Never heard it used that way, even in design school. But OK.

Well yes thats what I said, it is quite meaningless and vague.

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #260 on: 07 Jun 2011, 12:10 »

This game is going to be a corner stone for Sony PS3, it being exclusive means they are no doubt pouring devs onto the project to help CCP launch this.

I somehow doubt more than a couple people at Sony have dedicated more than 30 minutes to the existence of Dust.

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #261 on: 07 Jun 2011, 13:41 »

This game is going to be a corner stone for Sony PS3, it being exclusive means they are no doubt pouring devs onto the project to help CCP launch this.

I somehow doubt more than a couple people at Sony have dedicated more than 30 minutes to the existence of Dust.

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
« Reply #262 on: 07 Jun 2011, 13:54 »

Yeah because they give time during THEIR conference to games and devs they're completely unacquainted with.

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #263 on: 07 Jun 2011, 14:25 »

Yeah because they give time during THEIR conference to games and devs they're completely unacquainted with.

The fact that Sony gave Dust (as with nearly every other game to be released in the next decade) a 30 second spot does not mean the Sony CEO has Dust posters on his office walls. 

If CCP had a presentation like the guys with the NBA game and Kobe Bryant, I'd be a little more inclined to agree with you.  As it stands, however, Sony aired a 30 second YouTube video for CCP in a long stream of a few dozen such 30 second YouTube trailers for a few dozen different games that no one has ever heard of.

Ghost Hunter

• Sansha's True Citizen ; TS-F Overseer
  • The Mods
  • Veteran
  • True Power without limit!
« Reply #264 on: 07 Jun 2011, 19:53 »

K, so that was basically the same thing as the last trailer that got released.

Color me unexcited.

Ghost > So yes, she was Ghost's husband-
Ashar > So Ghost was a gay Caldari and she went through tranny surgery
Ghost > Wait what?
Ashar > Ghosts husband.
Ghost > No she was - Oh god damnit.

He ate all of them
We Form Moderation
For Nation

Borza

• Kuru Khai
  • Omelette
  • We come for our people
« Reply #265 on: 08 Jun 2011, 02:11 »

The fact that Sony gave Dust (as with nearly every other game to be released in the next decade) a 30 second spot does not mean the Sony CEO has Dust posters on his office walls. 

If CCP had a presentation like the guys with the NBA game and Kobe Bryant, I'd be a little more inclined to agree with you.  As it stands, however, Sony aired a 30 second YouTube video for CCP in a long stream of a few dozen such 30 second YouTube trailers for a few dozen different games that no one has ever heard of.

Sorry I didn't realise we were required to deal in false dichotomy's here.

Bacchanalian

• Omelette
« Reply #266 on: 08 Jun 2011, 07:33 »

Okay, so I feel a little better.  One of our guys who went to fanfest mentioned to me that it will only be a PS3 exclusive for the first year, after which it will be available on the PC. 

orange

• Dex 1.0
  • Veteran
« Reply #267 on: 08 Jun 2011, 07:40 »

Okay, so I feel a little better.  One of our guys who went to fanfest mentioned to me that it will only be a PS3 exclusive for the first year, after which it will be available on the PC.

Shadowrun had this from the start.  I never played it, but there was concern that the precision of a mouse would put the console users at a disadvantage vs the PC users.  There may have been a mechanic to limit it, but it was there.

Victoria Stecker

• Pod Captain
« Reply #268 on: 08 Jun 2011, 08:35 »

Shadowrun had this from the start.  I never played it, but there was concern that the precision of a mouse would put the console users at a disadvantage vs the PC users.  There may have been a mechanic to limit it, but it was there.

This is why you can't have console and PC shooters play with each other. The advantage that the mouse gives means that an above-average PC player is on par with the best console gamers*, and an excellent PC gamer can't be touched by anyone on a console. I've yet to hear of a game that found a way to balance this and permit them to play competitively together.

*Note: Refering to looking around and aiming, obviously a PC doesn't automatically make you smart.

Chowda

• Egger
« Reply #269 on: 08 Jun 2011, 08:56 »

Ever see how new shooters are marketed?  Do you think CCP has the kind of money to make such a push? 

The exclusive deal has to be in exchange for marketing.  When the usual 6-12 month deal runs out, they'll release an XBOX version with all the current updates ala Mass Effect, Oblivion, etc...

Unless, of course, Sony is also publishing the game.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19