Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Fedos are spongy creatures about the size of a cat that smell horrible and are sometimes used for waste disposal on ships? More here!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Nostalgic old things, Memories are  (Read 2610 times)

BloodBird

• Intaki Still-Rager
  • Veteran
  • The untraditional traditionalist
Re: Nostalgic old things, Memories are
« Reply #15 on: 15 Jun 2011, 06:15 »

Edit: No, wait!  Terminal Velocity.

YEEEEEEEEEEES. And Fury3, which had epic, epic intro music.

Those came before Hellbender, same engine. Didn't play Hellbender.

Epic intry mosuc, perhaps. Did it also have kick-ass in-game music?

Among many games I've played these is one whose OST I've stumbled over again, re-visited a few old favorite sound-tracks.

This one, this and this, to name only 3 of these gems.

I'm happy to own the game still, perfect condition after all these years :)

As for EVE... (Be warned, I might have told some of you this before.)

I recall our first major victory. We were a pack of noobs, and while we wanted to be industrialized anti-pirates and do some 'constructive' work instead of joining the legions of pirates that plagued our local areas of Bosboger, Olfeim and Amamake (much like today, though I kind of miss the activety in Olfeim) our record was never anything buy 'trying, but failing... so far.'

This changed one day. Having installed ourselves as the guardians of Olfeim at the time and keeping a watchfull eye on the local miners (loads of noobs mined the low-sec belts those days) we were faced with a pirate, coming to 'our' backyard seeking to kill some local guy for some past transgression or whatever. He would also, he claimed, kill anyone that tried to stop him.

This of course, we took very seriously. Soon a member of our sorry outfit, one insane Amarrian woman and ex-Bobbit (this was long before I started to dis-like BoB as a responce when they delved into the degree of idiocy they did later) had played his ego about, having him convinced she would personally oversee the 1vs1 fight between the pirate and his opponent and help kill anyone that intervened.

It was - obviously - a trap. Sure as hell he opened fire first and got himself nicely tackled. However, before we can land all of local besides himself on him and get him, he works himself out of scrambling range and warp out. A nice man-hunt ensues and we catch him by a planet. His maller and pod is soon downed, and we are ofc in high spirits.

Until the next day when we pull 3 destroyers out of a belt because he has returned in an Interceptor. Noobs as we are, we know T2 is superior but not exactly what an interceptor is. A non-corp retriever dies and he gloats. The next day he declares war.

That's a story for another day.

John Revenent

• Taisho - Friendly Neighborhood Caldari Liberal (Punching Bag)
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #16 on: 21 Jun 2011, 21:21 »

When I used to play eve like this...

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #17 on: 22 Jun 2011, 04:01 »

The good old days of pre-Captain's Quarters.
Now those were the days.

Matariki Rain

• Sweet, gentle Mata
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #18 on: 22 Jun 2011, 04:33 »

Not all great moments are battles...

Walking along the Crystal Boulevard in a soft drizzle that picked up the lights and glowed. The occasion was a date: conversation before and after a performance of the famous Gallentean play Lady Anais; a glorious dinner discussing the play's themes of duty and freedom, so abstracted in the play and so personal for both of us; friendship and flirtation; realisation that our mutual support after hard breakups might come to be something quite different...

... and choosing to walk along the shimmering boulevard to the hotel where we were booked into separate rooms -- for this was our "we're not going to rush into anything on the rebound" slow wooing -- knowing the other was on the other side of that wall, and unable to sleep.

Bataav

• Egger
    • Intaki Liberation Front
« Reply #19 on: 22 Jun 2011, 13:15 »

Nostalgia's not what it used to be...
#FreeIntaki | #IntakiPride

Seriphyn

• Demigod
  • New and improved, and only in FFXIV
« Reply #20 on: 22 Jun 2011, 13:36 »

I remember when missioning in Dodixie was laggy...June 2008 was my start.
Pages: 1 [2]