Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Federal member states retain control of their home systems, as seen exercised here?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: [Character] Aria Jenneth  (Read 15738 times)

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
Re: [Character] Aria Jenneth
« Reply #45 on: 17 Feb 2015, 20:59 »

Good call, Abraxas.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #46 on: 18 Feb 2015, 07:30 »

As long as there is a possibility to keep the sent brainscan somewhere, be it on a second clone somewhere or on a computer databank, that's by its very definition, similar to soft cloning and sure brings the same results.

Also, going into capsule with a child/foetus in the womb is probably similar to 2 people going into a capsule together. Not sure if that's possible considering the hydrostatic capsule lore ?

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #47 on: 18 Feb 2015, 11:38 »

Also, going into capsule with a child/foetus in the womb is probably similar to 2 people going into a capsule together. Not sure if that's possible considering the hydrostatic capsule lore ?

As I understand it, since the fetus' developing brain isn't directly connected to the mother's nervous system (which is wired for pod control), it shouldn't change the way the capsule works at all. It would be like going into the capsule with an extra organ-- no difference at all.

Put differently: if you swallow a live goldfish (and a lot of water), and then climb in your pod, the goldfish does NOT get to even partially control your ship.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #48 on: 18 Feb 2015, 13:34 »

In other news: my new computer has just arrived, and the Eve client is at 16.3%. Assuming it doesn't start playing "Client Corrupted" games with me, neo-Aria should be getting her first-ever flight time in a few hours.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #49 on: 18 Feb 2015, 13:36 »

In other news: my new computer has just arrived, and the Eve client is at 16.3%. Assuming it doesn't start playing "Client Corrupted" games with me, neo-Aria should be getting her first-ever flight time in a few hours.

yay

As I understand it, since the fetus' developing brain isn't directly connected to the mother's nervous system (which is wired for pod control), it shouldn't change the way the capsule works at all. It would be like going into the capsule with an extra organ-- no difference at all.

Put differently: if you swallow a live goldfish (and a lot of water), and then climb in your pod, the goldfish does NOT get to even partially control your ship.

If a pregnant woman goes scuba diving, she technically becomes a submarine.
\o/

Lyn Farel

« Reply #50 on: 18 Feb 2015, 15:01 »

I forgot about the plugs.  :P

Silver Night

• Admin
  • Demigod
  • Elitist Oldtimer
« Reply #51 on: 21 Feb 2015, 22:31 »

yay

If a pregnant woman goes scuba diving, she technically becomes a submarine.

Does that mean in space she is technically a hydrostatic capsule?

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #52 on: 01 Mar 2015, 13:55 »

Just to note: I've been getting a kick out of the little ways poor amnesiac Aria keeps getting ambushed by her own background.

"Wait, what? The Sleepers might have tried to speak to me??"

It's like waking up one morning to discover that you're Friedrich Nietzsche. It's that kind of mixed-blessing notoriety.
« Last Edit: 01 Mar 2015, 15:47 by Aria Jenneth »

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #53 on: 06 Mar 2015, 07:46 »

Updated personal info.

Wow those character portraits are huge.

... I can maybe find another one, if needed?

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #54 on: 06 Mar 2015, 08:19 »

_1024, _512, _256, etc. all work.

I think you can also add a width=##px command to the [img] tag.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #55 on: 06 Mar 2015, 11:58 »

_1024, _512, _256, etc. all work.

I think you can also add a width=##px command to the [img] tag.

I just use [img width=n]

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Lyn Farel

« Reply #56 on: 06 Mar 2015, 13:03 »

Unless you want a specific size of portraits that is not already in the eve database, I would suggest to keep the eve portraits (256, 512, etc), since resizing through web based applications like the forum might get results of lesser quality.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #57 on: 07 Mar 2015, 10:35 »

Well, if it's not a problem....

Also, I've added another "findable" bit of IC knowledge. High requirements this time: either Zainou 9.0 or State Protectorate 9.0.

Davlos

• Egger
  • Purveyor of Horrible Images
« Reply #58 on: 24 Mar 2015, 05:00 »

Aria, y u su kyute. ._.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #59 on: 09 Apr 2015, 16:15 »

I wanted a better impression of how tiny Aria is compared to Ché, so I made this. It helped me so I share it here for others (but mostly AJ).
Hmm, there might be a thread idea in here somewhere. ;)
« Last Edit: 19 Apr 2015, 15:22 by Ché Biko »
-OOChé
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5