Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Mindflood, a sedative booster, is taken by pouring liquid from a vial onto a cloth, placing it over one's mouth, and inhaling the fumes? (The Burning Life p 38)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: [Character] Aria Jenneth  (Read 15722 times)

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
Re: [character] Aria Jenneth
« Reply #15 on: 30 Aug 2010, 10:59 »

I like the way you went about this part... nice idea.  I might actually work on fleshing one of these out for Havo, now.
While it is a great idea; it is not particularly difficult to gain access to these through other people/characters.

Oddly enough, a T2 research character (given the motivation) has access to all of those aside from the last one which is a CN report.  The CN report can be gotten from various sources.

True, but this is all easy-to-middling stuff. A Dominations internal report should be a little harder to come by.

Usagi Tsukino

• Wetgraver
  • Fail RPer; Doing It Wrong.
    • Usagi's Seldom Updated Twitter Account
Re: [Character] Aria Jenneth
« Reply #16 on: 31 Aug 2010, 13:54 »

I've always kind of thought that if you make TOO much information available in these 'reports' then no one has any reason to take the time and try and talk to you about your background.

Granted some people don't WANT to talk about about, which is fine. Personally, I think enough to let them get the gist, but not enough to be fully informed is the perfect balance.

I really like what you did, Aria. Always been impressed by your work stuff, even if most of its over my head.  8)

Stimulus :: Multispectacular
<3 Gurista raised, Caldari Navy trained, Bacchanalian alt. <3
Chaotic Dreams | An IC Blog Experiment

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #17 on: 07 Sep 2010, 01:49 »

I've always kind of thought that if you make TOO much information available in these 'reports' then no one has any reason to take the time and try and talk to you about your background.

Granted some people don't WANT to talk about about, which is fine. Personally, I think enough to let them get the gist, but not enough to be fully informed is the perfect balance.

Hm.

Well, one way around that is to avoid making your background info too consistent or "deep." People form all sorts of different impressions about each other, and you can use their very subjective remarks to reveal certain facets of the character while concealing others.

For me, part of the fun of playing a complex character is to get a coherent "whole" going while keeping it complicated and kaleidoscopic enough that few people, if any, ever get the whole picture. No one should get much more from reading Aria's school reports than they would from reading mine.

Mind you, I've left less of a disciplinary paper trail than Aria has....

I really like what you did, Aria. Always been impressed by your work stuff, even if most of its over my head.  8)

Aw, thanks. :) Yeah, Aria gets wordy and abstract. That's partly a flaw in her character, but it's partly a flaw in my character, too.

In the immortal words of Danny Quayle, "Verbosity leads to unclear, incoherent things." I've struggled with it in my own writing, and gotten better, but Aria remains (as she probably should, at least for now) addicted to fancy language.
« Last Edit: 07 Sep 2010, 01:57 by Aria Jenneth »

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #18 on: 22 Sep 2014, 17:41 »

Figured I try to get the discussion on this char's possible return here, because I would feel a bit dirty if I derailed the "Why I come back" thread further, and might give those unfamiliar with Aria some insight to where she is now...although I think I remember you creating another thread that might be more related about the going-Dustbunny-chapter, but I'm not going to dig that one up right now.

Anyway, even if only Aria's clone returns without her mind in it, I would be somewhat happy. I can see at least a little bit of possibly interesting RP coming from this, and it could provide some kind of closure.
So, aside from possible PF conflicts, I like this idea.

And don't let Aria's skillpoints hold you back to have her clonejackled, it's not as if those skills are available to Aria exclusively.

Anyway,  :cube: from a fellow wide-brimmed hat-wearer, return or no.
-OOChé

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #19 on: 14 Feb 2015, 09:56 »

So, some of you may have noticed an Aria sighting.

A couple of notes:

1. I am not retconning anything.

2. Aria has never been less than proficient in dealing with tech, particularly Caldari technology.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #20 on: 14 Feb 2015, 12:45 »

3. Aria's broadcasts used to have more...words.
-OOChé

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #21 on: 15 Feb 2015, 03:08 »

Dat timestamp tho.

Arnulf Ogunkoya

• Moral Compass (apparently)
  • Pod Captain
    • Livejournal profile
« Reply #22 on: 15 Feb 2015, 04:02 »

Got to say, I'm wondering if she'll take having a Vargur named after her well.
Kind Regards,
Arnulf Ogunkoya.

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #23 on: 15 Feb 2015, 15:15 »

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #24 on: 15 Feb 2015, 15:55 »

Not empty linking.
Complicated implications. I'll cross that fractal bridge when I reach it (or it reaches us).

Meantime, I'm not sure whether I'm messing more with my character or her associates, but I'm certainly enjoying it.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #25 on: 15 Feb 2015, 17:20 »

BTW, might as well just toss this reality out there:

My account reactivation is not to be taken as representative of my ability to actually log in. I'm currently waiting on a new desktop rig (best computer I've had in a decade!), which should arrive early next week.

Until then, I'm confined to forum and Evemail RP, which I'm delighted to do. In fact, please bug me if you have any desire to do so.

... Or, I could log in through DUST 514, which would be weird and put the emphasis in just the wrong place.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #26 on: 16 Feb 2015, 10:00 »

Aria Jenneth according to Aria Jenneth.

She's in kind of a low place right now.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #27 on: 16 Feb 2015, 21:36 »

Further developments.

Denial: not just a river in Egypt.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #28 on: 16 Feb 2015, 21:54 »

I like new Aria.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #29 on: 16 Feb 2015, 22:32 »

I like new Aria.

Me, too.

One of my main goals with her is to get the same kind of depth with a far lower syllable count. This is practice for me: I'm way too wordy.

Aria was actually contributing to my bad habits. She wielded complicated sentence structure and vocabulary as a weapon, using them to limit the numbers of her opponents. In her view, if you couldn't keep up, you didn't deserve to participate.

This is not a good practice if your aim is clarity.

If I do it right, "new Aria's" writing should be simple, easily understood, and dense. If I do it wrong, it'll look like a bunch of simplistic nonsense that makes no sense anyway.

Should be fun.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5