Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

As part of its political goal to make the State stronger economically, Lai Dai is the primary supporter of the School of Applied Knowledge. Check out more here!

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: [Character] Aria Jenneth  (Read 15694 times)

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
Re: [Character] Aria Jenneth
« Reply #60 on: 09 Apr 2015, 16:24 »

That mohawk is what we call cheating.

Also, again, Aria.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #61 on: 10 Apr 2015, 12:19 »

Scale's off just a little.

Note that those damned high heels add a couple inches, so wearing those boots she'd look about 5 feet tall.

Aria wears flats, for preference, though.
« Last Edit: 10 Apr 2015, 12:21 by Aria Jenneth »

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #62 on: 12 Apr 2015, 16:34 »

That mohawk is what we call cheating.

<hijack>Tell Verone that. :|</hijack>

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #63 on: 19 Apr 2015, 15:24 »

Alright, I tweeked it a little again. Now with improved scale and accuracy.
Also, heels is cheating too.  :P
-OOChé

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #64 on: 23 Apr 2015, 08:26 »

True. Heels is cheating.

Pity the damned Eve Barbie system doesn't allow many options there....

Also: modified original entry to reflect new, unofficial callsign.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #65 on: 26 May 2015, 11:56 »

So, with Aria entering a(nother) new phase, this seems like a good time to discuss character inspirations. Generally speaking, I've tried to make my characters as "real" as possible ... but with, maybe, a little mythic flavoring for color and texture. We are playing a game of metaphorical demigods, after all.

For the original Aria Jenneth, aka Yun Hee Ryeon, I drew inspiration from the kumiho and Nine-Tails stories, which focus on sorcery, trickery, and inhuman menace, with an array of other symbolic sources (spectral/ghostly and bird imagery). Yun Hee thinks of herself as a monster, and fears her own humanity. The primary traits are a charisma and intelligence but also a mercurial and perverse nature, with a strong undertone of grinning malice. In spite of her somewhat Zen-flavored religious beliefs, Yun Hee has a massive grudge against the world that she can't seem to shake.

Aside from her compassionate streak where other immortals are concerned, her main saving grace is that (contrary to the Nine-Tails myth, but more like the kumiho) her ambitions are limited. Her motives are largely a blend of self-preservation and the satisfaction of the hunt and kill (literal, metaphorical, whatever). If she's showing this side of her personality, she either recognizes you as a fellow monster or it no longer matters to her whether you see the danger or not.

The contemporary Aria Jenneth, aka Vesper, lacking Yun Hee's pain, is less predatory; her nature's intentionally ambiguous. She's less kumiho and more tengu-- not a shapechanger and not really malevolent, but dangerously insightful in a die-hard morally relativistic sort of way, a little alien in a bright-eyed, birdlike sort of way, and preternaturally good with a sword in a not-actually-using-a-sword sort of way. (How many characters get to start life with all battleships trained to 5?) Her primary traits are curiosity, intelligence, mild but indiscriminate compassion, and a profound dedication to her personal integrity. Though this is a slowly decreasing factor in her life, she's only loosely attached to the world, and she sees her integrity as one of the only really defining traits she's sure she has.

Vesper's dark side, if that's the word for it, comes chiefly from a lack of interest in moral judgments. She's more interested in finding her place in the world than in whether that place is on the "right" or "wrong" side, and if that place involves killing people by the (literal) boatload, she'll take to that as willingly as anything else. She does believe in doing a job properly and minimizing suffering, though, so at least she'll make it quick. If she's in this posture (probably metaphorically, unless someone teaches her iaijutsu), she's not bluffing, and you really are in danger of getting your innards split. And she's not likely to blink when she does it, either.

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #66 on: 29 May 2015, 17:58 »

I am wondering...are you consciously trying to have Aria inadvertently play ice to Ché's fire, or is that just a wonderful coincidence?
-OOChé

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #67 on: 29 May 2015, 23:10 »

I am wondering...are you consciously trying to have Aria inadvertently play ice to Ché's fire, or is that just a wonderful coincidence?

Would like to know where this fire is you speak of?

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #68 on: 30 May 2015, 00:05 »

I like Aria. She has great perception.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #69 on: 04 Jun 2015, 11:24 »

Che:

Aria's not specifically anything to anyone's anything else. She's a bit of a calculated foil to her prior self; other than that, relationships and contrasts develop organically.

Samira:

Thank you! Aria's perceptive qualities are, for good or ill, limited to my own. Fortunately, she doesn't much mind making mistakes (her predecessor REALLY hated being wrong), 'cause I surely make plenty.

Mitara Newelle

• Omelette
« Reply #70 on: 24 Jul 2015, 11:16 »

I wanted a better impression of how tiny Aria is compared to Ché, so I made this. It helped me so I share it here for others (but mostly AJ).
Hmm, there might be a thread idea in here somewhere. ;)
OMG, she's tiny!!!
Section 3) Shitposting. "The cluster would be a much better place if all Amarrians were set on fire"

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #71 on: 24 Jul 2015, 11:56 »

The Grey/Blue background behind them is Pieter's stubble.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]