Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Gradient (GRD) is an independent elite capsuleer unit affiliated with the Minmatar Republic?  Read more here

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: So, is there a new OOC forum up, or...?  (Read 15546 times)

Synthia

• Omelette
  • I ruin RP by existing
Re: So, is there a new OOC forum up, or...?
« Reply #45 on: 17 Nov 2015, 12:22 »

Unnecessarily one-dimensional thinking by some players has caused other players to not seek out this forum as a primary place of contact and discussion.

The Warhamarr40k depiction is an example.
Amarr is an expansionist religion. There are two sides to the coin. One side are the crusaders, who reclaim with the proverbial fire and the sword. The other side are the missionaries, who reclaim with the 'hearts and minds' approach.

But some would deny that there are two sides to the coin. That the crusaders are all there are, and all there should be. They shout down or otherwise undermine players attempting to play the other side of the coin.

And when the other side of the coin is denied, where is there to go ? Only one place.

The Edge. Much edginess. Bismuth, even.

This happens to several factions. Amarr is just the one that's been particularly mentioned in this thread.

Let people play the other sides of their coins. Where is the harm ?
The Explanatory Leaflet is a Leaflet that Explains.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #46 on: 17 Nov 2015, 12:53 »

For this to be constructive, there needs to be some examples and a little bit of fingerpointing, because I'm pretty sure no one here considers themselves to be undermining other avenues of approach. Granted, most of us are incapable of it due to not even being in the faction, but still.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #47 on: 17 Nov 2015, 13:38 »

For this to be constructive, there needs to be some examples and a little bit of fingerpointing, because I'm pretty sure no one here considers themselves to be undermining other avenues of approach. Granted, most of us are incapable of it due to not even being in the faction, but still.

you can undermine people's rp without being in the same faction.

all you have to do is constantly post on forums about how "x faction rp is dead.", even when other people who play that faction are present.

If the loudest voices say "x faction is dead", then passers-by won't see the people who are playing x faction. Which undermines those peoples efforts.

if you have 1 person doing x faction rp, and 5 people happen by that might be interested in x faction rp, and there's 1 or more people loudly going "x faction rp is dead", then chances are, those 5 aren't going to see the 1 person that is doing x faction rp, and so those 5 people are likely to look elsewhere.

So instead of 6 people doing x faction rp, there's 1, and about 3 loudly posting on forums about how x faction rp is dead.

but whatever. it seems people would rather stop other people having fun, than to help others to have fun. So, enjoy, i guess, vOv.
\o/

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #48 on: 17 Nov 2015, 15:22 »

I seriously doubt anyone's made the claim Amarr RP is dead.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #49 on: 17 Nov 2015, 15:28 »

I seriously doubt anyone's made the claim Amarr RP is dead.

lol.
\o/

Lunarisse Aspenstar

• Egger
« Reply #50 on: 17 Nov 2015, 23:57 »

So you're saying you're not pleased with the trials, the further focus on Amarr world-building and advancement of the storyline, and fixing the TonyGderp etc? Getting events, lots of incentives for RP, fueling in-space actions, attracting more attention from the rest of the playerbase to replenish or recruit new roleplayers and so on and so forth?

I can't speak for others, but I've been thrilled. It's been a wonderful few months with so many opportunities Amarr side both from CCP/dev actors and from player reactions to same (the 50 plex bounty on Lucas and the Concord drama, the khanid drama earlier this year between players and dev actors led nicely into the trials,  the player OOJ cult sprang from the death of the empress, the resulting succession trials, edeity's inclusion in the trials leading to worries of sani sabik infiltration and then at the same time the blood raider event, the drifter invasions, the imperim invasion of providence and the Cult of Max, even Nauplius and the tower bashes, the inclusion of a cerra manor arc in scope news, the same with the peace conference, to name a few).   There's been more than a few curve balls my characters have had to adapt/react too.

I know CCP will move to other factions as they seem to cycle through them, but for now I am quite thoroughly enjoying the ride.

« Last Edit: 18 Nov 2015, 00:05 by Lunarisse Aspenstar »

purple

• Obvious Gallente Plant
  • Egger
« Reply #51 on: 20 Nov 2015, 19:38 »

Healthy people avoid this sick community.  There is plenty going on in the eve community but the 'progressive' mod team ooc/back stage chase away the exceptional, creative, and healthy people because because they don't conform to the approved group think.    Turns out when you censor anyone for thinking outside of the box, the people who think outside the box leave.      -Grayson.

http://backstage.eve-inspiracy.com/index.php?topic=5097.msg82197#msg82197
You are RPing wrong.

Gaven Lok ri

• Omelette
« Reply #52 on: 21 Nov 2015, 01:12 »

Personally, I think the reason people aren't talking much here has more to do with getting most of their discussions out on tweetfleet.slack rather than any of the arguments I have seen pushed on this thread.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #53 on: 21 Nov 2015, 01:18 »

What Gaven said.

Aelisha

• Egger
  • Maker of ISK, Supplier of SRPs
« Reply #54 on: 21 Nov 2015, 03:33 »

What Samira and Gaven said.

Slack is just more convenient, faster paced and almost self moderating, in that the real time posting allows quick resolution of misunderstandings.  It lacks the permanence of a forum, but for many that seems to be a fair trade.

Personally, I have almost entirely stopped playing eve, except for periodic trading and building, so you'll find me in the Elite Dangerous thread on here, and few other places.

Don't think too hard about this one, because "What will be will be" or the "usual forces of convenience and instant interaction at work", are way more probable answers than imaginary "sickness" in the community (or other equally wild, bait-theories).
« Last Edit: 21 Nov 2015, 03:36 by Aelisha »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #55 on: 21 Nov 2015, 09:27 »

It's certainly not the only reason, but as everyone said it from the start, it surely plays a big part in it.

Korsavius

• Cold Wind's Blade
  • Omelette
  • "Dead man walking."
« Reply #56 on: 21 Nov 2015, 12:49 »

Well this was certainly a depressing thread to read. lol.

I can't speak for others, but my personal inactivity in EVE during the past couple months has been due to being a full-time university student. Between class, studying, volunteering, maintaining a social life, trying to maintain a balanced diet/exercise regimen, and sleep, I just haven't had much time for EVE. I will be resubbing again for winter break so I can see all your beautiful faces in-game though, even if only for a little while <3.
Character Profile - last updated 10.14.17

Teinyhr

• Wetgraver
« Reply #57 on: 30 Nov 2015, 01:01 »

Personally, I think the reason people aren't talking much here has more to do with getting most of their discussions out on tweetfleet.slack rather than any of the arguments I have seen pushed on this thread.

Which, IMHO, is a damn shame because it deprives the rest of us that avoid new social media like the plague from meaningful interaction. And there is some merit for permanence, for example I can look up many, many RP resources from this very forum, I assume in a way that I can't on slack. For instance the main reason it took me so long to register on this very forum is that I consider hiding away from official sites and clique building very detrimental to roleplaying communities in general. I think that people tend to forget; most people do not know of these fansites, and I recall recently that there was discussion about slack on this forum - that even less people are aware of that, even i wouldn't know what it is hadn't I been online the one time I heard it mentioned on the OOC channel, which itself last night was home to about 29 people, about three-four of which I recall actually speaking the whole day, so not exactly a huge crowd.

I guess my point is that, in my opinion, we shouldn't be breaking already a small community to even smaller pieces that are vaguely if even at all aware of the existence and goings on of each other.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #58 on: 30 Nov 2015, 02:40 »

You are not missing much anyway Teinhyr. It may kill social interaction here, but the one on slack is mostly obnoxious whining about each other RP.

And yes, slack is the embodiement of cliquishness.

For now i'm only on the #lore section of it because it can span interesting discussions, but well. Actually the real use I find with that tool is being able to directly ping or talk to people out of the game.

But the RP population sure has shrunk though. A lot.
« Last Edit: 30 Nov 2015, 02:44 by Lyn Farel »

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #59 on: 30 Nov 2015, 04:58 »

"Oh, you're not on the Slack? Well, obviously you only have yourself to blame for not knowing about (insert event here)."

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6