Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That Gallente Federation loyalist and [EL-G] CEO Seriphyn Inhonores is originally from Caldari Prime?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Fallout 4 Launch Trailer  (Read 12059 times)

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
Fallout 4 Launch Trailer
« on: 05 Nov 2015, 09:30 »

Enjoy!

Obviously some story element spoilers in the trailer, if you prefer to go in blind.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
Re: Fallout 4 Launch Trailer
« Reply #1 on: 05 Nov 2015, 12:53 »

Raiders, super mutants, deathclaws, the Brotherhood of Steel. nothing unsurprising or new there.

Synths are new. Kind of. There was 1 in Fallout 3, but they looked 100% human. These look more synthetic.

Sole survivor, in suspended animation for 200 years, seems a bit of a cop-out. Kind of cheap storytelling. They're a vault dweller, usually that requires a Vault, and a reason to leave the Vault and quest across the landscape. Being the sole survivor, in suspended animation, means no Vault, and an automatic reason to leave and go do stuff.
\o/

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #2 on: 05 Nov 2015, 12:55 »

The settlement building stuff is new to the series, and something I'm kind of giddy about.

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #3 on: 05 Nov 2015, 13:16 »

ooo, build your own village and all that ? could be interesting, yeah.

especially if/when extensive mods start appearing. Could be some interesting things with that concept.

Along with all the usual suspects when it comes to elder scrolls/fallout 3/new vegas mods.

"realistic deathclaw toenails", "nude ak-47", "Shiba Dogemeat remodel" and so on, lol
\o/

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #4 on: 05 Nov 2015, 13:34 »

Oh, as for "100% human", the trailer did show a normal guy proclaiming he's not a synth so I suspect part of the story is how synths are "infiltrating" human society etc. Should they be allowed the same rights and such as "real" humans and so on.

Nissui

« Reply #5 on: 05 Nov 2015, 13:46 »

Looking forward to the mods, might get in on it as I did with Skyrim.

Not sure how quickly I will pick it up, but likely I'll wait for a sale next year to give modders time to fiddle with it.

Synth hype!

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #6 on: 05 Nov 2015, 14:59 »

Might wait for a mega sale on steam in a year or so packaging all the DLC and at a huge discount, also enough time for the bugs to be worked out, etc.

They really should have just made this an MMO, though.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #7 on: 05 Nov 2015, 15:11 »

Might wait for a mega sale on steam in a year or so packaging all the DLC and at a huge discount, also enough time for the bugs to be worked out, etc.

Yeah, that worked out so well for Elder Scrolls, KotoR and so on. Fuck that shit, I play Fallout for my singleplayer exploration, wandering and faffing about. I have zero interest in dealing with XxSephirothxX bunnyjumping past me as I sneak around, yelling "dethclw aggro ROFL". Bit hard to mod an MMO to the level we expect from these games too.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #8 on: 05 Nov 2015, 16:27 »

Yeah, that worked out so well for Elder Scrolls, KotoR and so on. Fuck that shit, I play Fallout for my singleplayer exploration, wandering and faffing about. I have zero interest in dealing with XxSephirothxX bunnyjumping past me as I sneak around, yelling "dethclw aggro ROFL". Bit hard to mod an MMO to the level we expect from these games too.

Sorry needed to be more specific, I mean maybe a system similar to the new metal gear solid? Doesn't it mostly do single player but you can build/raid opponants player bases or something?

A 'themepark' fallout MMO would be stupendously terrible, but there is a lot of potential for the setting, and if they pulled it off would be very neat. Rival 'vaults' you could start from, etc...

Actually I could totally go for a turn-based, tactical strategy/RPG game set in the universe of Fallout, wouldn't that be cool?   :bear:

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #9 on: 05 Nov 2015, 16:27 »

Not sure how quickly I will pick it up, but likely I'll wait for a sale next year to give modders time to fiddle with it.

This more or less for me. I'm obligated to pick it up as a Boston native, but when I've got other things to be doing around launch time, I'm not gonna force myself to suffer through the one feature Bethesda includes in all of its games at launch: ridiculous numbers of bugs and poor design decisions.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #10 on: 05 Nov 2015, 17:00 »

Sorry needed to be more specific, I mean maybe a system similar to the new metal gear solid? Doesn't it mostly do single player but you can build/raid opponants player bases or something?

A 'themepark' fallout MMO would be stupendously terrible, but there is a lot of potential for the setting, and if they pulled it off would be very neat. Rival 'vaults' you could start from, etc...

Actually I could totally go for a turn-based, tactical strategy/RPG game set in the universe of Fallout, wouldn't that be cool?   :bear:

... I'll allow it.

But I'm watching you.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #11 on: 05 Nov 2015, 20:32 »

Already pre-ordered. Can't wait.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
« Reply #12 on: 06 Nov 2015, 04:50 »

Heretical notion, but hear me out...

I might actually delay playing this the first couple of days, and instead play through Legacy of the Void's campaign. Blizz games tends to be very well polished, so doing that for a couple of days and giving Bethesda a couple of days for emergency patches might be a good idea. Besides, if I start FO4 I'll be playing that exclusively until I've maxed out a character, finished the story, explored the entire map and so on, which basically means I wouldn't get to LotV for a month or more. On the other hand, LotV will have a very finite amount of gameplay, maxing out at maybe three to four playthroughs at most, as I couldn't give a toss about multiplayer.

Hmm. Yeah, I think that'll be the best way. LotV campaign first, once, then a FO4 playthrough, a second LotV playthrough for breathing room, then another FO4 playthrough etc.

... good grief, having to strategize your gaming? Publishers, get your shit together and stop releasing things on the same day.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #13 on: 06 Nov 2015, 06:48 »

Mhh... not the game for me...

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #14 on: 06 Nov 2015, 08:54 »

Heretical notion, but hear me out...

I might actually delay playing this the first couple of days, and instead play through Legacy of the Void's campaign. Blizz games tends to be very well polished, so doing that for a couple of days and giving Bethesda a couple of days for emergency patches might be a good idea. Besides, if I start FO4 I'll be playing that exclusively until I've maxed out a character, finished the story, explored the entire map and so on, which basically means I wouldn't get to LotV for a month or more. On the other hand, LotV will have a very finite amount of gameplay, maxing out at maybe three to four playthroughs at most, as I couldn't give a toss about multiplayer.

Hmm. Yeah, I think that'll be the best way. LotV campaign first, once, then a FO4 playthrough, a second LotV playthrough for breathing room, then another FO4 playthrough etc.

... good grief, having to strategize your gaming? Publishers, get your shit together and stop releasing things on the same day.

This is actually a very solid plan, if you can resist installing and starting your F4 campaign.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7