Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That there are minmatar who willingly serve the Amarr empire? More here

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: My Paranoia - Buddyknowledge and Amarr  (Read 10815 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Re: My Paranoia - Buddyknowledge and Amarr
« Reply #45 on: 05 May 2015, 13:03 »

I welcome Silas's outside perspective. He has his own opinions and I respect that.

Thank you but I'll vote for back to topic and everyone not talking about me and stick to the game :P

ValentinaDLM

• Wetgraver
  • Totally a Toaster
« Reply #46 on: 05 May 2015, 13:52 »

I imagine if CCP did allow the Imperium to claim the throne that not only would there be a civil war but either the Matari would come to aid max as he wants to free the slaves or they would just have no pressing motivational since the more makes the republic kinda bad and slavery to be the driving force behind what little Minmatar unity there is....

That being said it seems possible that they could add some additional things to involve other factions and make an Amarr civil war that is Alot of fun, and i am Inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt on it.

Liuni Kalthis

• Wetgraver
« Reply #47 on: 05 May 2015, 15:12 »

I imagine if CCP did allow the Imperium to claim the throne that not only would there be a civil war but either the Matari would come to aid max as he wants to free the slaves or they would just have no pressing motivational since the more makes the republic kinda bad and slavery to be the driving force behind what little Minmatar unity there is....

That being said it seems possible that they could add some additional things to involve other factions and make an Amarr civil war that is Alot of fun, and i am Inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt on it.
Lol another high sec faction!

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #48 on: 05 May 2015, 15:38 »

To be honest, if Derpsec took over my faction I'd probably double down on my promising career in Elite:Dangerous. I can't imagine that'd be a terribly rare opinion and that makes me suspect this speculation is a bit bluesky.

Kador Ouryon

• History's Greatest Meatshield
  • Wetgraver
« Reply #49 on: 06 May 2015, 15:34 »

To be honest, if Derpsec took over my faction I'd probably double down on my promising career in Elite:Dangerous. I can't imagine that'd be a terribly rare opinion and that makes me suspect this speculation is a bit bluesky.

It's not a rare opinion. One of the reasons I originally go investing in the Amarr faction, initially through Dust 514 which led into EVE, was that Jamyl Sarum was the Empress and to me represents a fascinating character.

Pretty sure it was the Chronicle "All these Wayward Children" that was the sole reason I opted for Amarr based on her character.
"We ripped up the ending and the rules...and cast aside destiny...leaving nothing for us but an endless cycle of death and rebirth. Which is all well and good, except... Well, what if I've made the wrong choice? I have faith that it wasn't.....but how am I supposed to know? I'm getting ahead of myself. Let me tell you my story.Let me tell you everything."
- [name redacted] Truest Adamance

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #50 on: 06 May 2015, 16:11 »

It's not a rare opinion. One of the reasons I originally go investing in the Amarr faction, initially through Dust 514 which led into EVE, was that Jamyl Sarum was the Empress and to me represents a fascinating character.

Pretty sure it was the Chronicle "All these Wayward Children" that was the sole reason I opted for Amarr based on her character.

I was already in RP by the time Jamyl rolled back in, but I won't deny I've been strongly impressed by the times they've written Jamyl as a smart, strategic and strong-willed person fighting to do what she think is honestly right.

Maybe that's why I've been so bitter lately: Knowing that they can do better, but not doing so.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
  • These things just seem to happen...
« Reply #51 on: 07 May 2015, 02:20 »

Maybe that's why I've been so bitter lately

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Veiki

• Egger
« Reply #52 on: 07 May 2015, 02:29 »

So CCP has confirmed Half Life 3 is confirmed?

Starring G-man as the Other and the Drifters as the vanguard for the Combine? Can Gordon Freeman save the Amarr Empire and New Eden?!

Edit: On a more serious note. I really don't get this forum sometimes. A few years back people complain about lack of development and player/character interaction in the lore/story/background. It starts to happen and all that happens is what looks to me like petty complaints, whining, and conspiracy theories about corruption and collusion because of what exactly -- other people getting a spotlight and not them?

So much jelly hate here it seems.
« Last Edit: 07 May 2015, 04:53 by Gesakaarin »

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
« Reply #53 on: 07 May 2015, 06:14 »

The thread, since you didn't bother to read it, is about people getting unauthorized access to planned developments beforehand and working from this knowledge.

That's....whining about other people getting a spotlight??

Is there anyone else who feels this way? I want all of your names on a handy list.
« Last Edit: 07 May 2015, 06:47 by Graelyn »

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards. Checkmate!

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #54 on: 07 May 2015, 06:45 »

Whining? No.

Are we at risk for actually having an Amarrian Emperor Maximilian Singularity VI? Also, no. CCP is not going to turn their space drama into a farce, at least not like that.

Could the Goons have some inside information? Sure.

Do I especially care? ... yeah, a little, but it's more something for somebody to get fired over if it's true than for me to worry about.

Ria Nieyli

• Delicate Feminine Flower
  • Egger
« Reply #55 on: 07 May 2015, 06:48 »

« Last Edit: 16 May 2015, 19:19 by Lt Col Nieyli »

Graelyn

• Ye Olde One
  • Veteran
« Reply #56 on: 07 May 2015, 06:53 »

Expected responses:
- LOL Grae you dummy, it's not happening.
- OMG maybe it is happening!

Unexpected responses
- Yeah, well, who cares if it is?

Things...really have changed, it seems.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #57 on: 07 May 2015, 07:15 »

Considering the historical baggage, I think I would care.

But again, i'm from the old guard. Kinda... The end segment of the old guard who missed a good chunk of the old guard dev/player interaction.

Ria Nieyli

• Delicate Feminine Flower
  • Egger
« Reply #58 on: 07 May 2015, 07:36 »

« Last Edit: 16 May 2015, 19:19 by Lt Col Nieyli »

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #59 on: 07 May 2015, 07:48 »

Unexpected responses
- Yeah, well, who cares if it is?

Things...really have changed, it seems.
I care insofar as, if someone's cheating, they deserve to get fired and/or banned.

However, I represent accused criminals in court on a regular basis. The fact that things go wrong and people do stuff they oughtn't isn't ... really news to me.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6