Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Khanids were fellow settlers alongside the Amarrians on Athra, better known today as Amarr Prime? For more, read here.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: My Paranoia - Buddyknowledge and Amarr  (Read 10809 times)

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
Re: My Paranoia - Buddyknowledge and Amarr
« Reply #30 on: 01 May 2015, 11:36 »

If it was just you, I wouldn't care. It's that this kind of thing always happens any time lore developments start happening. That's what frustrates me.

People always want to look a gift horse in the mouth.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #31 on: 01 May 2015, 11:47 »

Edit : actually nevermind, i'm going to post it in the mod section instead...
« Last Edit: 01 May 2015, 11:49 by Lyn Farel »

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #32 on: 01 May 2015, 11:48 »

When 'lore developments' leave your head firmly embedded in the nearest hard surface to stop the pain, perhaps fearing them is the right response?

I would love to see these plotlines rescued. I would love to see them bring something ultimately good. But I'm just not feeling that right now; what tattered remains there are of the lore team are being firmly shoved into the CAPSULEERS ARE TEH AWESOMEZ, EMPIRES IRRELEVANT hole by greater forces. And I don't see that changing.
« Last Edit: 01 May 2015, 11:50 by Esna Pitoojee »
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #33 on: 01 May 2015, 11:55 »

Thank you for your comments Samira and Lyn.

I'll try and tone it down, thank you for suggesting so politely.

Will request the same from others :)

I know there's got to be a middle line somewhere for being able to criticize a thing without being what, overly negative? We'll figure it out.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #34 on: 01 May 2015, 12:04 »

Back to topic:

We know that in the past there were some big issues with devs helping players, both giving them influence in game, bpos, insider patch information, things like that.

CSM was formed in part as a response.

Devs have been fired since for similar offense.

This does not mean a conspiracy is currently active or that this sort of thing is ongoing, but an interesitng conjecture for future possibilities based on past actions.

Lunarisse Aspenstar

« Reply #35 on: 04 May 2015, 16:20 »

I have never hidden that I want to get rid of zombie uncharismatic Jamyl, but if it's to see her getting assassinated by CFC, or even deposed by Max Singularity, uh... I'm out of Amarr for good.

Sounds a bit alarmist for now though...

Gosh, if that happens, this is Luna's reaction.

I am hopeful there will be more substantive lore reasons for any change in the course of the Amarr ship of state, and change can be good, even if its scary and upsets our IC apple carts (and boy would a Jamyl thing upset my character's carts...  :psyccp: ).  I'd rather rp in a changing universe than a static one.
« Last Edit: 04 May 2015, 16:23 by Lunarisse Aspenstar »

kul Shaishi

• Clonejack
If Eve has one lesson in it's narrative, it's that if you find any weird ancient space cybercrap, you should stick that shit straight into your brain ASAP, no questions.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #37 on: 05 May 2015, 02:41 »

I have never hidden that I want to get rid of zombie uncharismatic Jamyl, but if it's to see her getting assassinated by CFC, or even deposed by Max Singularity, uh... I'm out of Amarr for good.

Sounds a bit alarmist for now though...

Gosh, if that happens, this is Luna's reaction.

I am hopeful there will be more substantive lore reasons for any change in the course of the Amarr ship of state, and change can be good, even if its scary and upsets our IC apple carts (and boy would a Jamyl thing upset my character's carts...  :psyccp: ).  I'd rather rp in a changing universe than a static one.

If there is some kind of Amarr civil war, things sure are going to turn interesting in loyalist corps.

Ayallah

• Kameira
  • Egger
« Reply #38 on: 05 May 2015, 09:20 »

The formation of the Imperium is just a continuation of Karmafleet, the CFC's answer to Brave Newbies, TEST, Horde, etc....  Do they actually hope to overthrow anything?  I really doubt it, it is just another content gimmick.  Could some of those NDA wall people we know all the big groups have also have leaked and the imperium abuse that knowledge to get a one up on the new emperor race ? 

Well, yea it sort of seems so.

That said correlation is not the same as causation:  False emperor, imperium etc can easily be taken from war hammer and just be nerd crossover.  And based on how tight lipped NDA wall nerds generally are (in fear of loosing that golden goose) I am thinking it could just be a coincidence.   CCP isn't going to make that random nerd the emperor and they are risking a lot to gain some lore article mentions of CFC's random emperor candidate down the road to violate the NDA's.  I guess in short Grae, yea that could totally be what is happening but I hope it isn't.

Anyway Jamyl 4 life

Liuni Kalthis

• Wetgraver
« Reply #39 on: 05 May 2015, 11:52 »

FFS can we just all agree that new lore is a good thing? Compared to other games, only guildwars 2 has as many story updates as this game does; and they aren't a single shard so people cant affect dev actors and the like.

Silas bless your heart (here comes the but), but if you don't play the game I don't understand your strong feelings for one thing or the other and I can only hope you drag this stuff on the star citizen forums with as much zeal when it comes out. I know you are very passionate about lore, but without tone nor body language it is starting to seem very "stop liking what I don't like and like what I like!" and not just you either. It just seems to be the general trend since the scope video with Anslo in it. As things pile on, and it becomes a group on the internet "us vs them" sets in and bias. Remember with how you don't play you are only getting half the story, the other happens in mails and in-game channels. And when people get drunk, tired, upset its very easy to throw people into categories no matter how fair or unfair it might be.

As for the rest of the posts, its a game. I'm having fun, and I don't care if CCP leaks information or lets some more established people in on it like goonswarm, NC, ect. Especially for things like luring capsuleers to pirate space and getting everyone upset. The amount of RP content generated sustained summit for months.

Its like on the whole of backstage as a collective, the Rp community has been handed lemons and people just decide to skip the lemonade and directly turn it into piss.

I honestly am hoping for an older Amarr, reestablishing their army and having massive pushes against their neighbors or heading to take null space.
« Last Edit: 05 May 2015, 12:00 by Liuni Kalthis »

Shal Novastorm

• Wetgraver
« Reply #40 on: 05 May 2015, 12:27 »

New Lore is good in the big picture but it's not inherently good just because it's new.

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #41 on: 05 May 2015, 12:29 »

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with you about the 'lets go into nullsec' event. It was poorly conceived and only got worse in the implementation. As an idea it should have been strangled at birth. I have only been involved in one meeting with an idea as bad as that and we burned the conference table afterwards and salted the ashes.

It achieved the diametric opposition of it's goals.

Also, Tony Gonzales highlights quite adequately that it is entirely possible to make things worse by creating new lore. The entire resources and attention span of the bit of CCP that cares about lore were focused on changing the sheets after Tony G shit the bed. Getting rid of Hethler, having to provide the Federation with a series of military victories after making them look impossibly weak, having to build up the Republic after establishing them as a politically divided faction with a weak military and no ethics. It all started with the lore created in the Empyrean Age.

That said, I like the Drifters so far, I'm in favour of a change to the Status Quo and I thought Anslol's group (I'm sorry I don't know all your names, but you're all wonderful) did a sterling job. We reward sterling jobs, don't we? Welcome to Canon, guys - you earned it!

Anskek

« Reply #42 on: 05 May 2015, 12:33 »

Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with you about the 'lets go into nullsec' event. It was poorly conceived and only got worse in the implementation. As an idea it should have been strangled at birth. I have only been involved in one meeting with an idea as bad as that and we burned the conference table afterwards and salted the ashes.

Also, Tony Gonzales highlights quite adequately that it is entirely possible to make things worse by creating new lore. The entire resources and attention span of the bit of CCP that cares about lore were focused on changing the sheets after Tony G shit the bed. Getting rid of Hethler, having to provide the Federation with a series of military victories after making them look impossibly weak, having to build up the Republic after establishing them as a politically divided faction with a weak military and no ethics. It all started with the lore created in the Empyrean Age.

That said, I like the Drifters so far, I'm in favour of a change to the Status Quo and I thought Anslol's group (I'm sorry I don't know all your names, but you're all wonderful) did a sterling job. We reward sterling jobs, don't we? Welcome to Canon, guys - you earned it!

It's appreciated but we didn't do it to get into the cannon. We did it to show people they can move Eve along too.

Liuni Kalthis

• Wetgraver
« Reply #43 on: 05 May 2015, 12:44 »

It's appreciated but we didn't do it to get into the cannon. We did it to show people they can move Eve along too.
Yeah, we already made cannon! This was just to have fun.

Anyanka Funk

« Reply #44 on: 05 May 2015, 12:57 »

I welcome Silas's outside perspective. He has his own opinions and I respect that.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6