Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the expansion name "Incarna" was Stitcher's winning entry in an E-ON magazine competition?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: My Paranoia - Buddyknowledge and Amarr  (Read 10792 times)

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
Re: My Paranoia - Buddyknowledge and Amarr
« Reply #15 on: 01 May 2015, 09:58 »

Some of you are under the assumption there is a wall between some devs and some older, established player groups.

http://archive.evenews24.com/2013/04/25/ex-csmer-claim-internal-investigation-leak-throws-light-on-past-developer-misconduct/

Occasional peeks behind the curtain are not promising.

« Last Edit: 01 May 2015, 10:03 by Silas Vitalia »

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #16 on: 01 May 2015, 10:17 »

Now, I'm watching the Drifter thing get all Ammar-y.
I'm also watching the CFC, (an Alliance that, admittedly among several others, tend to profit greatly by adapting to changes in the game...that haven't happened yet) suddenly get interested in Amarr RP (or at least their own fucky flavor of it).

It's almost like the oldest and most established groups responsible for a lot of the PR EVE gets (big fiiiights) are clairvoyant about upcoming developments.

Uncanny, that.

Nissui

« Reply #17 on: 01 May 2015, 10:37 »

For my last year in the industry, I ran our community relations team (a thankless helljob, frankly) and you absolutely can do that without putting the customers ahead of your responsibility not to leak information or sell favours.

And you should be fired if you can't.

Need... +1 button... stat

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #18 on: 01 May 2015, 10:43 »

Can people who do not play this game anymore stop doomsaying?

Guess what, if there is leaks going on? No one really cares. Lore developments are happening. News is happening. This is a good thing. This is a better thing than the last several years of nothing.

If content creators and social networkers are getting more attention than people sitting waiting to be spoonfed? I see nothing wrong with this.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #19 on: 01 May 2015, 10:51 »

Can people who do not play this game anymore stop doomsaying?

Guess what, if there is leaks going on? No one really cares. Lore developments are happening. News is happening. This is a good thing. This is a better thing than the last several years of nothing.

If content creators and social networkers are getting more attention than people sitting waiting to be spoonfed? I see nothing wrong with this.

Fair point! but perhaps a separate point.

+10 points for plot advancement!
+10 points for new videos (yay)
+100 points for maybe spacing Jamyl (triple yay)

Separate division: -1,000 points for foxes in the hen house

Anskek

« Reply #20 on: 01 May 2015, 10:52 »

That doesn't detract from the fact you and others are raining on everyone else's parade when you DON'T EVEN PLAY ANYMORE.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #21 on: 01 May 2015, 10:56 »

It's not a separate point. It's the same thing that I've seen constantly happen here: RPers shoot themselves in the foot anytime lore developments happen by crying wolf because they get mad that the spotlight isn't on them/their friends.

When the confessor got released there were some people that believed the whole thing had been rigged and Amarr was designated to win, which was pretty insulting for those of us who put a lot of effort and money into it (PIE collectively spent 50 billion on sleeper components). And while I can understand that CCP has had a history of doing stupid things, the lore of this game is not going to ever get to move forward if people make huge presumptions every time something new happens.

I'm so tired of it.
« Last Edit: 01 May 2015, 11:03 by Samira Kernher »

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #22 on: 01 May 2015, 10:57 »

That doesn't detract from the fact you and others are raining on everyone else's parade when you DON'T EVEN PLAY ANYMORE.

It's a big world anslo; you're an adult and I know mature enough to disagree with someone civily or even ignore them if you'd rather not interact.

But perhaps message me privately in the future for these sorts of comments?

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #23 on: 01 May 2015, 11:01 »

It's not a separate point. It's the same thing that I've seen constantly happen here: RPers shoot themselves in the foot anytime lore developments happen by crying wolf because they get mad that the spotlight isn't on them/their friends.

How is Graelyn asking about CFC/et all insider operations related?

How is a few people maybe not liking some of the plot direction effecting you in any way? It's text on a screen, you can happily go about your business without mine or Graelyn's opinion effecting you in the slightest way.

You are solely responsible for your enjoyment or not of a thing.  If you feel discussion topics are not to your liking be polite or maybe participate in different discussions you do like

Anskek

« Reply #24 on: 01 May 2015, 11:03 »

How is a few people maybe not liking some of the plot direction effecting you in any way? It's text on a screen, you can happily go about your business without mine or Graelyn's opinion effecting you in the slightest way.

You are solely responsible for your enjoyment or not of a thing.  If you feel discussion topics are not to your liking be polite or maybe participate in different discussions you do like

Wrong. This place is the sole non-CCP owned place for RP/Lore stuff. You have influence no matter how much you try to deny it. As does Graelyn. And others on a bitter rampage recently. You all KNOW you have influence and could bitter CCP to the point they don't want to bother anymore. 'If I don't like it no one gets to,' is what I get. Instead of a simple kudos, you combine it with back handed compliments and round about insults. Not just you but a LOT of the old guard.

How dare you feign ignorance at the power your words in this place has.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #25 on: 01 May 2015, 11:09 »

Wrong. This place is the sole non-CCP owned place for RP/Lore stuff. You have influence no matter how much you try to deny it. As does Graelyn. And others on a bitter rampage recently. You all KNOW you have influence and could bitter CCP to the point they don't want to bother anymore. 'If I don't like it no one gets to,' is what I get. Instead of a simple kudos, you combine it with back handed compliments and round about insults. Not just you but a LOT of the old guard.

How dare you feign ignorance at the power your words in this place has.

I guarantee CCP does not give one flying F what I think about anything, and neither should you. Please stop giving me fake internet points I don't have.  It's a small internet forum by a small group of people, no one cares, seriously. 

You talk a lot about how much you don't care about stuff and you keep talking to me like I'm ruining your fun.  Impossibility, and it's starting to weird me out a bit sitting here at this monitor typing that you put that much stock in something that I promise isn't there.

If I wanted to ruin anything of yours that would be some childish petty stuff. 

My opinions about internet space pixels and fantasy plotting is just that, you go have your fun separate from that, ok? Please?

« Last Edit: 01 May 2015, 11:12 by Silas Vitalia »

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #26 on: 01 May 2015, 11:10 »

My response was actually triggered mostly by your post rather than Graelyn's, Silas. The conspiracy theorizing, "oh oh, look how coincidental it is that CFC jumped on the Amarr wagon right as all this stuff happened!" No proof, no evidence, just pointless presumptions to stir fear and paranoia.

That kind of negative bittervetting and crying wolf helps no one.

And how does it affect me? Oh, how about the fact that people crying wolf to IA has several times killed or otherwise damaged lore development and the RP community? We have in-game as just one example a split community and no more dev/actor attention in channels because of it. I do not want to see lore get killed again because of people making presumptions or calling bias because they are not getting the attention.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #27 on: 01 May 2015, 11:10 »

[mod]Since this is the latest thread that is heading in that direction, I'm going to leave a reminder here that excessive non-constructive negativity or bittervetting does happen to fall under Rule 11 and may end up being purged with that in mind.
As a pertinent example, Silas, your posting started out skirting that line but has since firmly wedged itself on the incorrect side of it of late.[/mod]
« Last Edit: 01 May 2015, 11:12 by Morwen Lagann »
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #28 on: 01 May 2015, 11:14 »

Once again the Amarr are at the forefront and bring technological breakthrough in the cluster. Wonder why is that ? I can understand for the confessor, and perhaps barely also for the dusters since amarrian ground troops are... well... rather almighty...

But again for entosis ?

Amarr are not that backwards.

That being said, note that the common element in all three of these is: Sleeper related. Of which our dear empress has more a connection to than any of the other empires.

Oh yes, don't get me wrong, it still makes sense, and i'm really the first one to insist on Amarr being as modern as anyone else.

I just found it amusing to find them again leading in technology, that's all.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #29 on: 01 May 2015, 11:21 »

Since this is the latest thread that is heading in that direction, I'm going to leave a reminder here that excessive non-constructive negativity or bittervetting does happen to fall under Rule 11 and may end up being purged with that in mind.
As a pertinent example, Silas, your posting started out skirting that line but has since firmly wedged itself on the incorrect side of it of late.

Understood where you are coming from, but if you are going down that road I'll point out I never attack other posters, accuse them of evil things, or flat out curse at people on here as I've seen much of lately.  If you feel this line of conversation is veering poorly (or mine lately) I'll happily chill out.

My response was actually triggered mostly by your post rather than Graelyn's, Silas. The conspiracy theorizing, "oh oh, look how coincidental it is that CFC jumped on the Amarr wagon right as all this stuff happened!" No proof, no evidence, just pointless presumptions to stir fear and paranoia.

That kind of negative bittervetting and crying wolf helps no one.

And how does it affect me? Oh, how about the fact that people crying wolf to IA has several times killed or otherwise damaged lore development and the RP community? We have in-game as just one example a split community and no more dev/actor attention in channels because of it. I do not want to see lore get killed again because of people making presumptions or calling bias because they are not getting the attention.

I've never reported anything to IA, I wasn't involved in the dev actor/ channel stupidity, please don't mix me up with that nonsense.

While I understand some of you might not like my tone lately I have to also say it's been just as frustrating being yelled at and accused of trying to do all sorts of things like I'm some illuminati puppet master trying to destroy everyone's fun.

Back to graey's topic please.
« Last Edit: 01 May 2015, 11:23 by Silas Vitalia »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6