Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

blueprints are required for manufacture of everything from shuttles to dreadnoughts because of strict anti-copyright infringement laws enforced by the SCC.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: [EVENT] - Peace Conference - Interest Check  (Read 16558 times)

Arkon Sarain

• Egger
Re: [EVENT] - Peace Conference - Interest Check
« Reply #30 on: 21 Apr 2015, 19:27 »

Caldari delegate, checking in. :)

Awesomesauce, I admit your posts in the 'Gallentean's have started the war' thread were part of what catalyze the idea for this event. :)

Interesting concept, and I wish you luck with it. It may be surprising but ICly Luna has an issue with this (more that she would think this is overstepping the bounds of a capsuleer's place over the Empress and the officials the Empire has to handle issues of war and peace, among other issues probably clear if you know the character), but you may want to talk to Nicoletta to see if she has interest.

Thanks Luna :D I can definitely see that position, however Arkon's IC view is that the proposal (if the conference produces one) would be no more than a petition to the authorities in the Empire to consider. In this way it is elementally no different to the petition currently on the IGS for the removal of slaves from the SCC - the Empire is a signatory to the agreements which create and administer the SCC thus lending its authority to the organisation, yet Arkon considers it perfectly reasonable as a faithful citizen of the Empire to point out what he considers to be a mistake in Imperial policy. Which again is identical to what the proposal from the conference would be, a petition and suggested plan for peace in New Eden from interested and dutiful citizens of all the big four. :)

But the reaction of characters like Luna who believe it is overstepping the limits of an individual's place in society will surely be a great piece of the stories that are crafted in and around this event. :D

I think that this will almost certainly lead to nothing ICly and even if not I couldn't be entirely sure that it would be "good" for peace to break out. But as an event for content creation I am wholly supportive and if I can take part (if I am available and it makes sense) I will.

Exactly :D The IC success or failure of the conference is irrelevant to the exciting stories and development for our characters that will occur. Glad to have you there :D

I could show up if that would work?

I see no reason why it shouldn't :D Once I have a better outline of things in the coming week you should be able to see whether it would suit your character or not :)

The way Pieter sees it, it's not that the opinions of a bunch of capsuleers are binding on the nationstates that they represent. This represents an opportunity to see familiar events and conflicts from an unfamiliar angle and see if there is any common ground, in vision.

This is just about good citizenship.

Arkon's IC vision is pretty much the same, and from an OOC perspective nothing produced by the conference will be binding as that is more than we can reasonably claim as players. Hence why I have called the product of the conference, should it happen, a proposal for a pathway to peace not a peace treaty. :)

It's more about a petition rather than a command. Capsuleers discussing agreements in a sensible (or not) matter, and governments are free to do what they want with it.

The primary purpose, if I get it right, is a peace summit between capsuleers organizations and loyalists to broker peace agreements between said capsuleer entities (or not).

The peace conference will outline and touch on all matters deemed by the delegates to be necessary in forming a lasting peace in the cluster - so I am sure capsuleer and non-capsuleer organisations will be the subject of much discussion during the conference, and will feature in the proposal should it occur. :)

As I have said the product of the conference will be a proposal for peace nothing more, as doing more than that requires more authority than we as players can reasonably claim. However, if the proposal is produced then the enforcement of its clauses relevant to our capsuleer organisation could be something that the delegates wish to see come to fruition - and this would be something that could lead to further events, further representation and development in the actual game outside the event, and this would be absolutely ace in my book :D However as I have said before I don't want to preempt OOC what we will be debating and discussing IC, removes half the fun. ;)

This looks quite interesting. Count me in.

Ace! :D Glad to have another peep interested.

Hrm, maaaaaybe? I'll give it some heavy consideration, at least.  :P

*expecting Morwen, Luna, and Sami telling her to log back in more in 3... 2... 1...*

Thank you for the consideration :D I hope when I have a better and more informed outline for the event up that it will definitely see you at it ;)

Given the interest I am definitely happy to say this event will be occurring, I am just now needing to structure and give form to it a bit more. Expect the more structured proposal within the coming week. :)
« Last Edit: 21 Apr 2015, 19:47 by Arkon Sarain »

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #31 on: 21 Apr 2015, 19:59 »

I'd like to get involved, if only a little.
Ché may not volunteer, or may even require someone to convince him, but it's he's not an unlikely candidate to be asked to function as a neutral mediator/diplomat. He's known as a peace activist, played a part in the establishment of the Caldari Prime DMZ, holds no loyalty any of the big4 in particular, and is even neutral towards Sansha's Nation.
Putting him in that position may create some controverse. It's not unlikely that some will see him as unfit to function in that capacity for various reasons. And sometimes Ché says stuff...it would have been better if he had not said it.

Also, those CONCORD Diplo shuttles...gotta have a use for those. :bear:
-OOChé

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #32 on: 21 Apr 2015, 20:27 »

As a member of New Eden's largest group of 100% legitimate businessmen (and women), I would definitely be interested in being involved with this.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #33 on: 21 Apr 2015, 21:26 »

I think we should have Diana Kim attempt to crash a Leviathan into the conference. Attempt.

After all, she wouldn't want Caldari and Gallente make peace with each other.

Also, need Matari extremists.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Lyn Farel

« Reply #34 on: 22 Apr 2015, 01:45 »

Ché may not volunteer, or may even require someone to convince him, but it's he's not an unlikely candidate to be asked to function as a neutral mediator/diplomat. He's known as a peace activist, played a part in the establishment of the Caldari Prime DMZ, holds no loyalty any of the big4 in particular, and is even neutral towards Sansha's Nation.
Putting him in that position may create some controverse. It's not unlikely that some will see him as unfit to function in that capacity for various reasons. And sometimes Ché says stuff...it would have been better if he had not said it.

The simple fact that you are space communism automatically grants access to Arkon's deepest secrets and privileges. :3

Arkon Sarain

• Egger
« Reply #35 on: 22 Apr 2015, 03:28 »

Excellent :D I am sure we can figure out a way to convince Ché involved, and I am envisioning the conference to have numerous smaller bilateral negotiations and meetings as well as the large multilateral discussion - so perhaps there is a role for him in that? :D

And yes those CONCORD shuttles I totally forgot 8)

As a member of New Eden's largest group of 100% legitimate businessmen (and women), I would definitely be interested in being involved with this.

Well we can't have peace without involving our totally legitimate businessmen and women can we? Hehe :D

I think we should have Diana Kim attempt to crash a Leviathan into the conference. Attempt.

After all, she wouldn't want Caldari and Gallente make peace with each other.

Also, need Matari extremists.

Hehe I am sure the extremists will have plenty to disrupt, and I assuredly look forward to giving them the chances to do just that. :D

The simple fact that you are space communism automatically grants access to Arkon's deepest secrets and privileges. :3

Sssssh that is my super secret identity... *hides his red flag*

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #36 on: 22 Apr 2015, 08:09 »

Also, fwiw... the Masque is conveniently located in Yulai. You're welcome to use it, if you like - I can easily 'lock' the channel to limit to an invite list if needed.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Vikarion

« Reply #37 on: 22 Apr 2015, 10:14 »

I'd be interested.

Aria Jenneth

• Veteran
« Reply #38 on: 22 Apr 2015, 16:08 »

Interested, though I'm not at all sure who or what Aria would represent.

Vikarion

« Reply #39 on: 22 Apr 2015, 18:05 »

Disinterested journalist?

Ché Biko

• Space Buddho-Commu-Nihilist
  • Veteran
  • I'll face the stars or the abyss.
    • Biko's Backstage Character Thread
« Reply #40 on: 22 Apr 2015, 18:09 »

Drifters, obviously.  :twisted: They hijacked Aria's clone, after all.  :lol:
-OOChé

Arkon Sarain

• Egger
« Reply #41 on: 22 Apr 2015, 23:41 »

Also, fwiw... the Masque is conveniently located in Yulai. You're welcome to use it, if you like - I can easily 'lock' the channel to limit to an invite list if needed.

Awesomesauce I will keep that in mind :D I hope to have a better plan for this event done by tonight or tomorrow.

I'd be interested.

Excellent :D Glad to have you on board!

Glad to hear it, well as well as delegates I can see the conference requiring much logistical support so people who may want to show their support, or have other reasons ;) could perhaps offer to fill one of these roles? Just a thought. Things will become clearer when I have the more certain plan for the event outlined.

Certainly be looking for journalists :D

Drifters, obviously.  :twisted: They hijacked Aria's clone, after all.  :lol:

Hehe ^_^

Lyn Farel

« Reply #42 on: 23 Apr 2015, 01:39 »

Ohh good idea, can I be the archivist ? :3

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #43 on: 23 Apr 2015, 08:49 »

This is shaping up nicely! Looking forward to it - particularly want to engage Minmatar delegates a bit. I love the Matari lore and since Pieter fell out with Ava I haven't gotten to play in that sandpit at all.

Valadeus

« Reply #44 on: 23 Apr 2015, 13:59 »

Liam would, of course, attend as a representative for the Federation (at least one bloc of it), though I imagine there might be better prospects.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5