Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That ship crews only perform cleanup, maintenance, and lower-order operations on ships? (The Burning Life p 31)

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20

Author Topic: State of the Eve RP 2014 - 2015  (Read 32947 times)

Ember Vykos

• Not so bitter bitter fucking vet...
  • Pod Captain
  • I bring nothing to the table.
Re: State of the Eve RP 2014 - 2015
« Reply #165 on: 22 Jan 2015, 12:47 »

Hearts for you too Kalo.  You made me LOL at work here saying you learned in Jihadasquad how to be a dickish pilot.    :twisted:

Well...when I worked with them and you on Ember...I learned a bit about being dickish too lol.

Also...seconding the comeback  :cube:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Current active RP character(s) - Kairelle
Past RP characters - Ember Vykos, Simca Develon

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #166 on: 22 Jan 2015, 12:47 »

I'm just sitting back here reading all this going 'hey, you know what doesn't suck? Wormholes'

My RP has been going strong for over 2 years now, and we've built up something awesome. It seems to me like if FW is such a problem, then people could, oh. I don't know, leave faction warfare and do something else to support their factions? Like people did before faction warfare?
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Gaven Lok ri

• Omelette
« Reply #167 on: 22 Jan 2015, 12:50 »

There was also some IC negotiating back when the news of PYRE+TSF broke. PIE's response when the whole PYRE/TS-F issue started was basically an IC ultimatum from PIE saying cease and desist all contact with Sansha. PYRE (quite reasonably, really, given their agenda) chose to ignore that. Then there was a whole lot of IC negotiating with PIE and I.LAW trying to marginalize PYRE while PYRE was in I.LAW, which ofc didn't go in PIE's favor.

There isn't really any middle ground to make a compromise on between a group like PIE and PYRE at this point.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #168 on: 22 Jan 2015, 12:51 »

Confirming we need Silas back (FC of our hearts).

stahp.

stahp it

Gaven Lok ri

• Omelette
« Reply #169 on: 22 Jan 2015, 12:52 »

I'm just sitting back here reading all this going 'hey, you know what doesn't suck? Wormholes'

My RP has been going strong for over 2 years now, and we've built up something awesome. It seems to me like if FW is such a problem, then people could, oh. I don't know, leave faction warfare and do something else to support their factions? Like people did before faction warfare?

This actually gets to my point earlier about RP diffusing. Faction RP is not and should not be the end all of RP, even if it is the end all of my personal RP.

Anskek

« Reply #170 on: 22 Jan 2015, 12:52 »

Confirming we need Silas back (FC of our hearts).

stahp.

stahp it

Come back FC.

We have gold.

Love the gold FC.

Love it so much.

EF CEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #171 on: 22 Jan 2015, 12:55 »

This actually gets to my point earlier about RP diffusing. Faction RP is not and should not be the end all of RP, even if it is the end all of my personal RP.

Quoted for awesome truthiness! Also: RP is also great in Carebear land! Faction RP doesn't end with FW.

Actually, everything looks brighter here! <3

P.S.: Did I mention it? We even have rainbow coloured beams!
« Last Edit: 22 Jan 2015, 12:57 by Nicoletta Mithra »

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #172 on: 22 Jan 2015, 13:02 »

After several months of angst and scurrying I have learned to, basically, love the bomb. The facts being that the people I love to actually play the game part of the game with not being compatible with the mini-game that is RP within the game.

The final part of that really happened yesterday when I shot at and was shot at by State Loyalists. I can still cling to the sophistry that they are filthy liberals whom my parent Mega is not pleased with at the moment, anyway, and that this kind of proxy war is very Pre-Heth State, and so I'm gonna do that.

But yes, I'm aware of the contradictions, I just choose to handwave them rather than go full-pirate.

Anskek

« Reply #173 on: 22 Jan 2015, 13:03 »

But yes, I'm aware of the contradictions, I just choose to handwave them rather than go full-pirate.

For now.... :twisted:

Pieter Tuulinen

• Tacklebitch
  • Pod Captain
« Reply #174 on: 22 Jan 2015, 13:06 »

As much as I appreciate my new corpies who are Sansha, Angel, Guri, whatever, I don't feel like emulating them. Even though my project of rp'ing the difficulties of being a Loyalist and a Capsuleer has gone totally WTFROFLCOPTER.

Anskek

« Reply #175 on: 22 Jan 2015, 13:07 »

Disregard loyalties, create your own faction.

Love the gold. All the gold.

Saede Riordan

• Immoral Compass
  • Demigod
  • Through the distorted lens I found a cure
    • All the cool hippies have tumblr
« Reply #176 on: 22 Jan 2015, 13:10 »

This.

Origin faction best faction <3
Personal Blog//Character Blog
A ship in harbour is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #177 on: 22 Jan 2015, 13:10 »

I'm happy to hear that you 'hand-wave' them, rather than going fll pirate. And as I said: People IRL are inconsitent, too, so why do we need to bee all consistent in the actions of our characters?

On a more serious note about Carebears and Wormholes:
I think that Faction RP suffered a lot from focusing too much on FW. There are many other avenues to explore for Faction RPers: One of the gaps I've tried to close with founding SFRIM and which, I feel, is realized by those able hands I was lucky to get into corp. (I'm not good at realizing stuff. Thanks to Luna and Lucas is due here, but also all the others.) If FW becomes unbearable for RPers, Faction RP still has stuff to do! No one needs to fear it has to dissolve under those circumstances.

What would also be interesting to see is Amarrian wormhole corps, trying to claim W-space in the name of Amarr. I think Kithrus is doing stuff there. It's a good opportunity for the Amarr bloc to show that we have a hand for working together and 'winning' through 'superior administration', again.
« Last Edit: 22 Jan 2015, 13:13 by Nicoletta Mithra »

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #178 on: 22 Jan 2015, 13:11 »

Gold = Amarr

You are aware of that law of nature, aren't you? ;)

Anskek

« Reply #179 on: 22 Jan 2015, 13:11 »

This.

Origin faction best faction <3

UM FC?

HELLO?

BALLER FACTION CLEARLY STRONKEST))

just lucky puny hole worm not fit girth of mighty serb apex force)))

@Nico: Wrong gold FC.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 20