Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Guristas co-founder Jirai Laitanen, also known as Fatal, was podded in YC106, but suffered from severe memory loss and motor impairment because he only had an inferior clone on standby.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20

Author Topic: State of the Eve RP 2014 - 2015  (Read 32759 times)

Anskek

State of the Eve RP 2014 - 2015
« on: 13 Jan 2015, 14:40 »

So haven't seen this topic in a while (few months anyway).  Opinions on the state of Eve RP? Thought? Ideas? Rage?

EDIT: To bluntly clarify/expand what I meant by State of the RP, I am not referring to planned events specifically. I am referring to the pulse of RP in Eve over the past few months. Not simply hidden channels where small groups engage in story arcs or whatever, but events (player events) where EVERYONE can be involved in one way or another.

So, Eve RP:
Is it recovering?
Is it stagnate with little hope to recover?
Is it dead (Jim)?
Is there a way to revive it if so?
Is it fractured?
Is it not fractured and silly to think that way?
Thoughts?
« Last Edit: 13 Jan 2015, 15:56 by Anskek »

Alain Colcer

• Pod Captain
Re: State of the Eve RP 2015
« Reply #1 on: 13 Jan 2015, 15:33 »

Federation Day will be celebrated ingame around 2nd week of June as always.

Besides that, don't have time for much else.

Ria Nieyli

• Delicate Feminine Flower
  • Egger
Re: State of the Eve RP 2015
« Reply #2 on: 13 Jan 2015, 15:37 »

RP status: it's happening.

2015 hasn't been very eventful yet.

Anskek

Re: State of the Eve RP 2014 - 2015
« Reply #3 on: 13 Jan 2015, 15:57 »

OP expanded on and clarified.

Jennifer Starfall

• Egger
« Reply #4 on: 13 Jan 2015, 16:04 »

It's been quite enjoyable for me so far.  :D

Halcyon

• Queen of Chocolate
  • Egger
  • Bewbs
« Reply #5 on: 13 Jan 2015, 16:09 »

I do the RPs. It is good.

Anskek

« Reply #6 on: 13 Jan 2015, 16:12 »

So one line answers are all well and good, but something a little more detailed could possibly be in order than 'It's alright.'

I look in multiple channels, at different times of the day. For the most part, it's all dead. I infer then that IF RP is happening anywhere, it's away from places anyone can see. Then I think, ok, I'm a new Eve RPer, let's see if I can find RP! *goes to public channels and see's nothing* Well shit.

'Anslo, they ask in OOC.'

If that's the case, then what, they're spirited away to the private channels of insular RP? Or what? I'm not mad or anything. Just curious. I'm only even asking the question in this thread because I can't answer it myself by just watching RP in game...cause I see none.

Ria Nieyli

• Delicate Feminine Flower
  • Egger
« Reply #7 on: 13 Jan 2015, 16:21 »

Well, posting an one-line op...

At any rate, it seems plenty of fine to me. There's usually some hubbub stirring here and there. Proteus has swayed the general topic towards the sleepers for the moment, but eh.

And you can't really expect people to hang all of their underwear out in public, relations don't work like that  :P

Anskek

« Reply #8 on: 13 Jan 2015, 16:45 »

The OP was updated but ok.

Nicoletta Mithra

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: 13 Jan 2015, 16:53 »

Compared to the olden times, I think, more RP is happening away from the public channels. That said, I'm not overly active, so I'm not in the perfect position to judge. Also, a lot of people are just in other timezones than me, so it's hard to meet in game.

Jennifer Starfall

• Egger
« Reply #10 on: 13 Jan 2015, 17:16 »

Sorry, I'll elaborate.

As far as personal RP is going, I'm enjoying myself immensely. This is in part because I have a direction I'm trying to move in, plus I'm interacting other people who are managing to throw me some great curve balls.

As far as larger picture things are going, I'm feeling a bit frustrated with how things tend to devolve into the same squabbles every time, and there is a sense that players are reluctant or refuse to allow events to change or even just affect their characters. As a result, outcomes feel static.

On the whole, though, I think things are positive.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Aedre Lafisques

• Terrible Caillian
  • Wetgraver
    • Aedre Logs. Writing
« Reply #11 on: 13 Jan 2015, 17:38 »

I have found that it's fragmented. 

I have suspicions that the RP is good in these pockets. They are like air pockets you find when you're scuba diving (I'm told) though. I unearthed Intaki RP!  Oh, hello! I was able to go to IRED this one time, and that was fun, but I can understand I'm not really tremendously welcome in such places, so I wouldn't make that a habit. Sometimes you just have to have authentic food.

I'm under the impression RP is fine over there too. There seems to be Khan and Blood Raider RP. There is some RP happening around Naupilus as far as I can tell also. Given that other RP is not forthcoming, I have no choice but to flying tackle the community as hard as I can and see what gives out. I can see what Anslo's questioning is coming from.

How do new people find RP aside from luckiness? (I have been supremely lucky twice now - I'd still be lurking without at least a little introduction, just as I decided to get into PVP on my own, and got myself in the right zone by myself, but my corp helped nudge me in the right way to go about it, and introduced a community to continue to nudge me day by day.)

Not everyone is going to be willing to just skydive into social situations, martini in hand (my sudden posting certain feels that way, amongst people who have been here forever; who wants to listen to new guy shit? What do I know? But taking a huge bite out of something and worrying later is something I learned from EVE, really).  The average person coming from somewhere else is probably going to wait for an opportunity to be more subtle, or give up. This is especially true for people who want to introduce a shy character that wouldn't just bust something out. I think everyone more or less agrees that the IGS isn't really indicative of what's happening in RP out there, but is more for oldbies to hash it out with each other, from what I've been hearing.

Wouldn't it be good for the community to figure out how to make getting involved more accessible? Seems to work for other parts. I think 'EVE is hard' snobism is dead. Other parts of the community have dropped this as if coming out of a daze; It's inherently 'hard', we're most all here because it's hard. Why does it also have to be artificially difficult? Given how things work in EVE, is there anything we could build to make things easier? This forum, for example, gave me the hope it exists, but it's still been sort of hard to penetrate. It could be something like also keeping a twitter list - I learned about those today. o.  o  I think there are options for recruiting. We just have to want it.
Hangout Channel: Gallente Lounge

Anskek

« Reply #12 on: 13 Jan 2015, 18:03 »

Holy shit dude preeeeeeaaach. +1

Merdaneth

• Pod Captain
« Reply #13 on: 13 Jan 2015, 18:07 »

You don't find RP. You create it.

Anskek

« Reply #14 on: 13 Jan 2015, 18:28 »

That's all well and good but one does not simply walk into making RP. Especially with what happens when PF isn't always followed (not by disregard , but by not having been shown.)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 20