Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That the Eleutherian Guard, a capsuleer organisation, is a semi-independent paramilitary unit that answers to the Federal Security Council?

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]

Author Topic: State of the Eve RP 2014 - 2015  (Read 32833 times)

Anskek

Re: State of the Eve RP 2014 - 2015
« Reply #285 on: 23 Jan 2015, 10:19 »

Quote from: Zanzi
I can't speak for the others you name dropped here but personally, I dislike that you're using our friendship as a means to make you sound reasonable in an argument against my corp. Frankly it's disrespectful.

What kind of friend twists another friends compliments into something completely different? Frankly, that's far more disrespectful. Liuni has an issue with certain people. She is not trying to marginalize the entirety of TS-F. She see's you (and has told me many times) as a positive influence and what I thought was a good friend. Guess you've shown your true colors here.

For this point, I'm going to have to start with OOC. The idea that TS-F ever moderated OOC is a fallacy, pure and simple. Tib was a summit moderator, and a damned good one, whilst in TS-F he never bent his principles for corpmates, nor was he asked to. If anything he held us more accountable for our actions than non-TS-F members.

And that's why so many complaints were made about him and why people came to me telling accounts of blatant abuse in favor of TS-F, where one TS-F said something inflammatory, someone else retorted with something far less inflammatory, and said someone else was muted for a good long while? That isn't assumption. That is fact. Saying otherwise is living in another world.

We also, through Drake hosted the OOC TeamSpeak 3 server, which was also our corp TeamSpeak server for a very long time. Resultantly, there were a lot of TS-F server admins, however we also took pains to make sure that there were non-TS-F admins on the server.

What you do with your TS3 is irrelevant to this discussion and Liuni's points.

In regards to TS-F Public, it is our channel and you made a personal attack on one of the channel mods, who used his own judgement and powers to remove you for that. I personally condone his decision to exercise his power within that channel. Moreover, your mention of not breaking rules holds no water, as previously mentioned you made an attack on a former TS-F member and were removed for it.

Also a lie. He quite literally said 'I banned Scope Works on a whim.' In addition, multiple individuals watched the ban occured, and asked why. As all that was seen was a TS-F saying 'Scope Works? In here?' followed by a blanket ban. There were no insults, there wasn't even a single statement said in that channel. This was seen by a lot of people, logged, and witnessed. Saying otherwise, again, is living in another world.

In this case, this is the first time I've heard anything of this. Resultantly I'm disinclined to really give this much credence.

Frankly, as your friend I'd have hoped you'd be able to come to me about someone saying things link this in our group. On a professional level, as head diplomat I implore people to bring this kind of thing to me, with logs and action will be taken accordingly.
Both PY-RE and TS-F hold their members to a standard.

Liuni's in class but said she will send them once she is available.

I'm going to work from the bottom to top here. Your point is fairly self defeating, insofar as Foley still plays, he's more involved in the RP community now than he was, and frankly has become a very competent PvPer. While what happened with Deadsie didn't have any real bearing on how he's progressed as a character, it certainly didn't drive him away as you claim these kind of actions do.

Do you know why it didn't? Because I and others worked our asses off to support him, like Liuni said. I spent months working with him, helping him to learn, encouraging him, and he has indeed become better. He is his own man, his own player, and someone I am the most proud of for their progress and growth. Someone I'm proud to call my friend. But don't even think for a minute that your constant vitriolic attitude toward him, from you and others, was harmless in any way. I remember you and Deadrow swooping in on him in OOC waving around your killboards and insulting him before I stepped in with others. Don't sugar coat how you harassed him.

As for your suggestion that we should have apologise for DeadRow firstly there was an internal process that happened that we kept internal for the sake of professionalism. Secondly, TS-F was a pirate entity in which one of our members adhered to the letter of a rules while bending the spirit of them. As our rules weren't broken we did not feel the need for any disciplinary process to be made public.

Discipline nothing, just fucking apologize and stop hazing the kid like you did for months. Hiding behind 'professionalism' in a game where you all thrived on messing with others is a thin and non-credible excuse, simple as that.

Finally as a personal note on this subject, Foley came to Reynire despite being told by the entire OOC channel barring DeadRow himself that it was a trap. The obvious happened and Foley exploded. While he was annoyed at the time, he's since taken it in good spirits.

....good...spirits? Have you TALKED to him? Zanzibar you are far more intelligent than this, give me a break. Numerous people have seen just how 'good spirited' it's been. I'm sure if I asked around I could also pull logs up to show just how 'good spirited' it's been. You lured him in, trolled the ever living hell out of him, along with a large amount of OOC, and demeaned him. That was not a 'good spirited' joke. That was bullying.

To conclude I have to note that PY-RE is not TS-F, the things that TS-F did are not things that PY-RE has done. Again, TS-F never had moderating days, Tib did. PY-RE is and always has been new player friendly, we will continue to be so and we will continue to shoot all of the things in Factional Warfare.
I don't have a problem with PYRE itself. I like a lot of their members. Pieter, Kala, Desi, even Pryce (lovable ball of hate he is) are all a credit to their play style and corporation with their actions against ~the man~ and their baller deal-with-it shades. But I and others will never forget, nor forgive what TS-F has done, especially with the continued denial that it happened, and the attempts to gain sympathy for being attacked when you all did the very same to others in the past.

PYRE is just sadly caught in the cross hairs since you all reside within it.
« Last Edit: 23 Jan 2015, 10:22 by Anskek »

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #286 on: 23 Jan 2015, 10:28 »

I think this thred is heading into derail argument mode now?

If you are upset at TSF for trolling someone OOC that might be a different topic?

Avio Yaken

• .________________________________________.
  • Egger
« Reply #287 on: 23 Jan 2015, 10:32 »

I think this thred is heading into derail argument mode now?

If you are upset at TSF for trolling someone OOC that might be a different topic?

*Wild Foley Jones appears*

ssssssssssshhhhhhhh let it happen....

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #288 on: 23 Jan 2015, 10:37 »

[mod]It's become pretty clear (to me at least) over the last few days that the original supposed topic of the thread is not going to be returned to and people would rather sling shit back and forth at one another unproductively.
There has been disagreement about some of the reports submitted regarding this thread and whether to take action or not and what that action might be. I'm exercising my right to discretion and locking the thread, pending a proper discussion among the mod team about what to do here.[/mod]
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20]