Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That some Minmatar pilots have a tradition of gifting Rodj Blake's corpse to newly-weds?

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20

Author Topic: State of the Eve RP 2014 - 2015  (Read 32868 times)

Anskek

Re: State of the Eve RP 2014 - 2015
« Reply #150 on: 22 Jan 2015, 12:16 »

You don't play Tibs. You've ascended to apex god hood bitter vetdom. You have no need for such lower desires. You are all but not. Knowing but not. You can see forever.

Evi Polevhia

« Reply #151 on: 22 Jan 2015, 12:18 »

Well, it is what you get when you read the IGS or what is said in the Summit. I have to deal with the entirety of New Eden giving Miz crap over 1k-1 when she wasn't even in the corp at the time...

Who?

The Rook

• Watcher in the Void
  • Egger
    • FalconNET
« Reply #152 on: 22 Jan 2015, 12:26 »

As an organization we have made different attempts to better community relations. This has ranged from standing requests to cut down on antagonizing/fueling the fires in OOC/IC channels, even if it is in response to the vitriol our members get by proxy of existing.

More important we have attempted to mediate a compromise OOCly to establish relations that can be described as brittle but not outright hostile, as was deemed appropriate, in order to be able to get by our daily gameplay without weekly shouting matches. The OOC responses we have got were due to the desire to be consequent in IC to get rid of our Angel and Sansha pilots/players just to start negotiations.

edit: Made the last sentence more clear.
« Last Edit: 22 Jan 2015, 12:36 by The Rook »

Anskek

« Reply #153 on: 22 Jan 2015, 12:27 »

Define move on.

Gaven Lok ri

• Omelette
« Reply #154 on: 22 Jan 2015, 12:28 »

Kala:  I don't really think you will get anywhere trying to keep people from making that judgement about PYRE. In an OOC discussion it is a bit of an IC to OOC bleed to stereotype PYRE by its Sansha members, I would absolutely agree, but to Gaven ICly PYRE is now defined by its Sansha members simply because they have more Sansha than basically anyone else and those Sansha are the most prominent Sansha of the last few years. Also because he views Sansha as a contagious disease. At this point Gaven assumes that anyone in PYRE probably has been nanited, cause he is paranoid like that.

OOC I can agree that defining PYRE as Sansha is not really fair (Also that Gaven is *not* a fair person). But its easy to let the IC mindset takeover. With some players I think it is even *good* for them to restrict their OOC worldview to their IC worldview of EVE as it helps keep the character's reactions pure.

But I do absolutely get how it can be annoying. PIE has certainly had to deal with similar OOC stereotypes over the years, and it took me a *long* time to quit trying to argue about them. (See Chatsubo thread-naughts for evidence of this!)
« Last Edit: 22 Jan 2015, 12:30 by Gaven Lok ri »

The Rook

• Watcher in the Void
  • Egger
    • FalconNET
« Reply #155 on: 22 Jan 2015, 12:32 »

Define move on.

We did not pursue talks after this point because these demands were purposefully unreasonable.

Esna Pitoojee

• Keeper of the Harem
  • Demigod
« Reply #156 on: 22 Jan 2015, 12:32 »

Sansha are the most recognized part of it, because Sansha are the ones people see talking under the PYRE name the most.

And there in lies the problem. No one looks deeply enough to see anything but what they assume is there.

People see Sansha show up in channels, being Sansha IC, without any observable change except the PYRE corp ticker. So, they ask for a rationale, and see PYRE making absolutely no moves to respond to the issue except to say 'deal with it' in various ways.

So, they come to the conclusion that PYRE is aware of Nation supporters within their ranks, either does not care or is actively supporting them, and base their reactions off of that.
I like the implications of Gallentians being punched in the face by walking up to a Minmatar as they so freely use another person's culture as a fad.

Anskek

« Reply #157 on: 22 Jan 2015, 12:33 »

Define move on.

We did not pursue talks after this point because these demands were purposefully unreasonable.

So not 'may' move on, but have moved on.

The Rook

• Watcher in the Void
  • Egger
    • FalconNET
« Reply #158 on: 22 Jan 2015, 12:35 »

You misunderstand. Provided we got rid of a sizeable number of our corp members, we may have gotten into the second round of negotiations with unclear outcome.

Anskek

« Reply #159 on: 22 Jan 2015, 12:36 »

Oh. So you tried, but you deemed the demands unreasonable, so negotiations never took off at all, as the reason for having them in the first place would have been moot with the departure of certain groups.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #160 on: 22 Jan 2015, 12:37 »

You misunderstand. Provided we got rid of a sizeable number of our corp members, we may have gotten into the second round of negotiations with unclear outcome.

What shittery is this?  Some sort of RP ultimatum?  Lasers are your response, good sir.  But share the deets

Was this ooc or ic negotiating?

The Rook

• Watcher in the Void
  • Egger
    • FalconNET
« Reply #161 on: 22 Jan 2015, 12:39 »

Out of Character.

Liuni Kalthis

• Wetgraver
« Reply #162 on: 22 Jan 2015, 12:40 »

Well I got to page 7 before I just had to post sorry Mizhara but your attitude in a sandbox and going "Hurrrr you can't join faction warfare because your characters" makes me just sigh.

Going with my own 'blooder' Kalo Askold she was first in the TLF and well....Meta happened with Late Night Alliance with a name of Bahumont420 trying to Awoxer her twice. She (I) let him go the first time after he lost without an attempted scramming; then scrammed him the second time, him and his alliance griped to militia and set me to red in an NPC corp.

I could have gone on about how "oh they are just pirates, kick them out CCP" but instead I used that for RP for her to hate militia and go into the pirating lifestyle with Anslo and scopeworks (Yes yes hurrr scopeworks they suck so much hurr) but instead she had fun sticking it to LNR until eventually Silas wanted help from scopeworks and I went over into "Jihad squad" to help out and be general meat shield.

In Jihad squad I actually learned how to fly larger stuff OOCly and different things like low-low wormholes to screw people over and how to be a really dickish pilot and ICly Kalo was more of a merc that helped a blooder and never got burned for it like she did in the minmatar militia and by the Amarr with the whole slavery thing.

Now with Silas gone due to other games and I think general apathy with EVE (Come back Silas!) Kalo now joined with another Blooder corp which has given her free stuff and a chance to fight Amarr while having friends to support her to keep something like LNR from happening again.

If this makes her bad, or myself a bad RPer for this long circle from almost a year's worth of RP....Well 'lol' set me to red and see if I care; more content for me. If you don't or if you war deck still 'Lol' and enjoy yourself. Insta warps and insta docks are there for a reason; again more content. Now back to the regular scheduled program of reading the rest of the pages 7 through 11.

Thank you.

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #163 on: 22 Jan 2015, 12:45 »

Hearts for you too Kalo.  You made me LOL at work here saying you learned in Jihadasquad how to be a dickish pilot.    :twisted:

Anskek

« Reply #164 on: 22 Jan 2015, 12:46 »

Confirming we need Silas back (FC of our hearts).
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20