Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That many tattoos in EVE are nano-tattoos created with microchips implanted in the skin, programmed to react to the wearer's emotional state? Read more here.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: FAQ - Polite posting - our culture  (Read 7270 times)

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
  • Caldari - Deteis - Tube Child
Re: FAQ - Polite posting - our culture
« Reply #15 on: 24 Dec 2014, 20:53 »

Holy shit people are using the word "Katacomb" ironically and I am LOVING EVERY SECOND OF IT. Ahahahahahaha

MY TAKEOVER OF THIS FORUM IS ALMOST COMPLETE.

Okay, but serious:

Lyn is right guys. Look, I'm not the nicest person out there sometimes, hell I can be a total cuntwipe... but even I make an effort to post things in a way that will not be construed as a blatant violation of the rules. Take a look at the Katacombs (teehee), and notice how rarely you'll find me there. I'm not bragging. I'm actually saying most of the rest of you harping on Lyn have a lot of room to improve.

The biggest problem is that most of those people in the 'combs can't seem to avoid the urge to post about something they have a strong or emotional disagreement with, or they simply don't feel the rules apply to them. You know the funny thing? People like Anslo, who openly defy and mock the rules and community, are the least of the offenders. There's a lot of egregious violations in the Katacombs, and from people who should (and do) know better.

The issue isn't that they don't know better.
The issue is that they don't care.

As for Havohej, I have to echo Lyn's statements. You made an exceedingly clear statement against the use of HTFU on this forum, and yet you've decided to use it yourself. Poor show, man. Very poor show. We don't need you to make any apologies or take back anything you said, but you do need to know where your words have put you. Those four letters should be off limits to you.

You can all be better than this.

Havohej

• Friendly Neighborhood Forum Admin
  • Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #16 on: 24 Dec 2014, 22:40 »

So I suppose that's why you spend your time arbitrarily modding the shit out of everything that displeases you ? :/
Read the Rules and FAQ.  Modding the shit out of everything that displeases us (individually) is pretty much the only thing that keeps this place running.

Now, in all seriousness, I am not Morwen.  I will have no qualms about nitpicking your every post until you've got enough warnings piled up against you for a p. ban to be supported by the entire team (as differentiated from the p. ban of Andreus Ixiris - for trolling the mod who just rightly modded him with his last ban on record being a 30-day, mind you - which was not supported by the entire team).  Do not attempt to start a petty little shitfit war with me like the one you attempted to wage against Morwen for over a year.
« Last Edit: 24 Dec 2014, 22:57 by Havohej »

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #17 on: 24 Dec 2014, 22:43 »

As for Havohej, I have to echo Lyn's statements. You made an exceedingly clear statement against the use of HTFU on this forum, and yet you've decided to use it yourself. Poor show, man. Very poor show. We don't need you to make any apologies or take back anything you said, but you do need to know where your words have put you. Those four letters should be off limits to you.
It was said tongue in cheek, much like the beginning of my last post.  Grow up, learn to recognize a jest and get over it.

Also, "Katacomb" is no longer ironic, given that the Catacombs actually have been renamed due to popular demand.

Twitter
This is a forum on steroids tbh. The rate at which content worth reading is being generated could get you pregnant.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #18 on: 25 Dec 2014, 05:40 »

For what it is worth, I can perfectly admit that I have myself a problem with a single point of the FAQ, which is

"Q: Isn't all this subjective?
A: Yes. The Mods do their best to be fair, but inevitably, this is a subjective standard. Another thing for you to Deal With."

And that I shall try to improve, as shown in the recent katacombed posts where after a certain bad personal experience with some of the mods, and a certain delusion and loss of trust, was not expecting anything anymore and got shown wrong. Well, it's sobering up, for sure.

It was said tongue in cheek, much like the beginning of my last post.  Grow up, learn to recognize a jest and get over it.

What the ?

Apparently you are the only one to recognize it, and worse, using that as such a lame excuse is beyond words. Was it just a jest since the beginning then, when you told people with admin comments that HTFU is not an option ?

So I suppose that's why you spend your time arbitrarily modding the shit out of everything that displeases you ? :/
Read the Rules and FAQ.  Modding the shit out of everything that displeases us (individually) is pretty much the only thing that keeps this place running.

Now, in all seriousness, I am not Morwen.  I will have no qualms about nitpicking your every post until you've got enough warnings piled up against you for a p. ban to be supported by the entire team (as differentiated from the p. ban of Andreus Ixiris - for trolling the mod who just rightly modded him with his last ban on record being a 30-day, mind you - which was not supported by the entire team).  Do not attempt to start a petty little shitfit war with me like the one you attempted to wage against Morwen for over a year.

Is that a threat ? As a mod, no, an admin, you should know better than that. I am not trying to start any war, the same way it was for Morwen, who is someone that is very nice and decent and somehow with whom I do not have had anymore issues with mod wise for a good chunk of time now since he changed a lot of his modding/posting habits in there.

You know, before that shitstorm about slaves on the summit and all, where I still consider to have been treated and talked to like utter shit, again and again, without much happening, yes, something has broken between me and the moderation team. Especially since I have always been one of its strongest proponents over the years, and still am concerning its rules. Maybe a bit too much, right. But before that, I was a very happy, discreet and productive member that went along with almost everyone nicely. Now I have been collecting countless private messages from disgusted members, either people that deserved it, or either people that just never got katacombed ever and just left because of :mods and cliques:.

You on the other hand, and am certainly not the only user to consider so, consider you as a troll admin, nothing more, nothing less. Correct me if I am wrong, but you seem to mod as you like without consenting with other mods. You say it yourself in your own answer. vOv

I was always told by Silver and other mods that they were actually to discuss mod actions before doing anything, and definitely not doing it on a whim alone, especially to avoid the dreaded claims of bias and subjective moderation, you know.

So yes, in any case, that forum was a lot more sane in the past. It has slowly started to drown into an obnoxious atmosphere where gaps between different schools of RP and OOC ideas poison everything. Maybe i'm doing it wrong, but I have always been crusading against that, because it's not pretty, and overall makes the place stinks like Chatsubo could have been in the past. I don't think people come here to read that their opinions are shit and be japed to constantly when people are emotionally unable to control themselves and keep civil. And then when pointed out for doing so just answering "Oh ? U not happy ? I don't care, i'm free of expression and can say anything I like ! Deal with it." If admins start to do that to, i'm not really sure where we are going.

So well, your little "Modding the shit out of everything that displeases us (individually) is pretty much the only thing that keeps this place running.", you know what you can do with it since I am not sure anymore that you actually know how this place has been running before you came back.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: 25 Dec 2014, 06:02 by Lyn Farel »

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #19 on: 25 Dec 2014, 06:57 »

Also, "Katacomb" is no longer ironic, given that the Catacombs actually have been renamed due to popular demand.

Well, I guess I missed the joke.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #20 on: 25 Dec 2014, 08:49 »

Havo, stop posting. Seriously.

You're doing no favors to anyone right now, least of all yourself.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #21 on: 25 Dec 2014, 09:57 »

For what it is worth, I can perfectly admit that I have myself a problem with a single point of the FAQ, which is

A: Yes. The Mods do their best to be fair, but inevitably, this is a subjective standard. Another thing for you to Deal With."

And that I shall try to improve, as shown in the recent katacombed posts where after a certain bad personal experience with some of the mods, and a certain delusion and loss of trust, was not expecting anything anymore and got shown wrong. Well, it's sobering up, for sure.

What the ?

Apparently you are the only one to recognize it, and worse, using that as such a lame excuse is beyond words. Was it just a jest since the beginning then, when you told people with admin comments that HTFU is not an option ?
I'm not even reading the rest of this post.  You know what makes it an obvious jest, for me to say that "We've been telling you to HTFU for years"?  The fact that we haven't.

If you don't like the forum, fuck off.  Simple as.  I'm not feeding into your endless bullshit on Christmas morning.  Happy New Year.

Twitter

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #22 on: 25 Dec 2014, 10:03 »

Lyn Farel

« Reply #23 on: 25 Dec 2014, 10:10 »

What the ?

I'm not even reading the rest of this post.  You know what makes it an obvious jest, for me to say that "We've been telling you to HTFU for years"?  The fact that we haven't.

If you don't like the forum, fuck off.  Simple as.  I'm not feeding into your endless bullshit on Christmas morning.  Happy New Year.

Sure, if you have nothing more insightful to answer and calling it bullshit instead, fine by me. Its not the forum I don't like. Don't confuse the obvious.

Havohej

• Veteran
  • Ex-convict
    • EWF Digital Consulting
« Reply #24 on: 25 Dec 2014, 10:15 »

Nope.  I mean, yes, I'm about to stop posting because I'm getting dragged to my sister-in-law's house in about 20 minutes, but to the sentiment, no.

ModDisc has always stood as the one board on this forum with much looser standards, so that people can get their problems with the board and its moderation off their chest without fear of reprisal - within reason.  Which is why the post directly above this one stands without danger of moderation or even being reported by anyone.  And I'm not aware of anyone having been warned or banned pursuant to a post on this board.  However, it must be understood that this goes both ways.  This is the land of honest, non-sugar-coated answers.

Lyn has a long history of singling out one person and reporting a bunch of little nit-picky things that aren't even anywhere near mod-worthy posts, and this has been tolerated for a long time, no matter how annoying or disruptive.

Now Lyn wants to take absurd tongue-in-cheek remarks and make big news item issues out of them, and it's like... really?

Well, that answer to that "really?" is "No."  We're not doing this anymore.

Twitter

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #25 on: 25 Dec 2014, 10:23 »

Fair enough, but I think you're overdoing it.

kalaratiri

• Kalalalaakiota
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
  • Shes mad but shes magic, theres no lie in her fire
« Reply #26 on: 25 Dec 2014, 10:26 »

Y'all (everyone) should stop posting for 36-48 hours and go enjoy Christmas. Blow off some steam, drink some booze, eat too much food and get some perspective. The current bitter arguing benefits no one. Across this thread and the other one.

"Eve roleplayers scare me." - The Mittani

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #27 on: 25 Dec 2014, 23:23 »

Good lord, people.

Hav-o, relax mate!

Lyn, maybe let it go or mail mods privately about some of those issues? Starting threads on this stuff seldom works ( I know)

Miz, being less aggressively argumentative wouldn't hurt you either.

Kal wins thread.

Morwen, hugs.

Kat.....kats.

Lyn Farel

« Reply #28 on: 26 Dec 2014, 03:24 »

Lyn, maybe let it go or mail mods privately about some of those issues? Starting threads on this stuff seldom works ( I know)

Maybe I should start doing it again, though Silver has disappeared.  :|

Thanks for the tip. I think i'm doing it horribly wrong most of the time.

Katrina Oniseki

• The Iron Lady
  • Demigod
« Reply #29 on: 26 Dec 2014, 06:27 »

Kat.....kats.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY.
Pages: 1 [2] 3