Backstage - OOC Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

That 'Ancestors choke!' is a Caldari expression of disbelief or astonishment?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: NAVIES REQUEST CAPSULEER ASSISTANCE  (Read 7566 times)

Jace

• Veteran
Re: NAVIES REQUEST CAPSULEER ASSISTANCE
« Reply #1 on: 07 Oct 2014, 09:26 »

So. I wish I ever went into wormholes now.

Also, if any of the big traders decide to get involved in this, well, State wins. But it is a fun contest, bout damn time something happened in World News. I am now poor, though.
« Last Edit: 07 Oct 2014, 10:13 by Undecided. »

Dessau

« Reply #2 on: 07 Oct 2014, 10:30 »

• Roll new character with most offensive name possible below flagging threshold.
  • Push all materials to this character who then delivers to the NPCs.
  • Install your offensive, immersion-breaking troll into the official lore.

If this doesn't happen, EVE will have ceased to be EVE.

Kyoko Sakoda

• Pod Captain
« Reply #3 on: 07 Oct 2014, 15:33 »

Glad they're doing this regardless, but...

I'd have rather seen a new non-market item (database entry) seeded on the NPCs. Making this a market game doesn't make for widely inclusive gameplay.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #4 on: 07 Oct 2014, 15:45 »

Glad they're doing this regardless, but...

I'd have rather seen a new non-market item (database entry) seeded on the NPCs. Making this a market game doesn't make for widely inclusive gameplay.

Aaaaand we have a winner.

A modified version of the Mordus sites event would have been ideal. As it stands, this is a horrific waste of time and heavily biased against anyone who doesn't play the market or have a fatter wallet than CCP's confiscated ISK pile.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #5 on: 07 Oct 2014, 15:47 »

Going to stop you right there.

For those of us who don't do wormholes, having a market game absolutely makes this more inclusive. In fact, this is probably the most inclusive live event they've had for awhile, in my opinion. This is certainly the only one I've actually been able to participate in since Caldari Prime, and Caldari Prime I only participated in Morwen's relief effort thing (which thus, similarly, was a market game).

So I don't see how this makes things exclusive. And as most know, I am far from the richest person around.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #6 on: 07 Oct 2014, 16:02 »

I honestly don't see how "Buy shit. Deliver to dude." is worth doing. These scavenger hunts never really appealed to me.

Samira Kernher

• Soulless Puppet
  • Veteran
  • Ardishapur Victor
« Reply #7 on: 07 Oct 2014, 16:10 »

I honestly don't see how "Buy shit. Deliver to dude." is worth doing. These scavenger hunts never really appealed to me.

Primarily because it's something unique to EVE. :P I've done a million kill-fetch quests in MMOs. In EVE being able to participate purely through peaceful activities is something I find so cool.

Though I think it may have been better to establish set delivery stations rather than being able to contract from everywhere, to add a bit more content to it.

Morwen Lagann

• Pretty Chewtoy
  • The Mods
  • Demigod
    • Lagging Behind
« Reply #8 on: 07 Oct 2014, 16:14 »

Going to stop you right there.

For those of us who don't do wormholes, having a market game absolutely makes this more inclusive. In fact, this is probably the most inclusive live event they've had for awhile, in my opinion. This is certainly the only one I've actually been able to participate in since Caldari Prime, and Caldari Prime I only participated in Morwen's relief effort thing (which thus, similarly, was a market game).

So I don't see how this makes things exclusive. And as most know, I am far from the richest person around.

If there weren't going to be prize items with people's names on it and it was just "whichever faction gets the most gets the goodies first", I would agree with you. But there are, and that basically means it's a combination of whoever has the most ISK and market alts that wins, with a further slight bias to whoever has both of those and access to the markets right after the announcement was made.

The Mordus event required no ISK investment beyond a ship that could hack, which is a quick and cheap and easy investment by anyone who wanted to get involved, regardless of character age.
Lagging Behind

Morwen's Law:
1) The number of capsuleer women who are bisexual is greater than the number who are lesbian.
2) Most of the former group appear lesbian due to a lack of suitable male partners to go around.
3) The lack of suitable male partners can be summed up in most cases thusly: interested, worth the air they breathe, available; pick two.

Mizhara

• Prophet of New Eden
  • Demigod
  • The Truth will make ye Fret.
« Reply #9 on: 07 Oct 2014, 16:21 »

I may or may not have made some... investments, after the announcement.

... what? It's content. Of my wallet.

Elmund Egivand

• Pod Captain
  • Will jib for ISK
« Reply #10 on: 07 Oct 2014, 19:01 »

Fit Cyclones. Ruin a Sleeper's life.
Deep sea fish loves you forever

Louella Dougans

• \o/
  • Demigod
  • \o/
« Reply #11 on: 07 Oct 2014, 22:58 »

i'd laugh if the Antiquarian wins all four medals, lol
\o/

Nissui

« Reply #12 on: 08 Oct 2014, 00:00 »

i'd laugh if the Antiquarian wins all four medals, lol

Ogad.  :eek:

Lyn Farel

« Reply #13 on: 08 Oct 2014, 05:54 »

As much as I agree with the feeling and opinion you have Morwen, being all for equality of opportunities and all that... I still wondered if that was not meant to be fully IC ? I mean if you consider that out of a purely IC viewpoint, it is only logical that only the best and bigger contributors will see their names remembered into posterity, as it is always the case in that kind of thing...

Well yes, too bad, those people are often the ones that managed to self build their own little empire and give themselves the means to do it. Yes, it's also heavily biaseds toward market tycoons OOCly. But ICly, the empires don't care, they just want a massive income of those thingies. And it will also boost the activity consisting in finding them too.

( Can't believe i'm defending an ultraliberal point of view duh, but that's for IC's sake )

Silas Vitalia

• Demigod
« Reply #14 on: 08 Oct 2014, 12:50 »

Morwen's right, contest in current form is badly designed.

I don't know if you all realize just how many trolls are out there with trillions in idle isk doing nothing.

If they limited the contributions to x amount per character it would force actual cooperation and marshaling of faction supporters.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5